GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Return of Razor Ray?

+7
dennycrane
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
asq2
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ray Emery: From Russia With Love?

The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_lcap246%The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 46% [ 6 ]
The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 5 ]
The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:I could see Toronto as a destination. As for NJ you are probably rigth. I dont want him to go to Toronto as he could haunt us in the future. I would be glad if he goes to COL. Well see but im pretty confident he will be in the NHL next year.

IMHO Toronto and the Rangers would have to be considered as likely destinations, based on the personalities of their respective GMs and their stated need for 'battlers'.

Rayzor would probably jump at the chance to haunt the Senators.

17The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

Definetly he would. Im sure he would go to Toronto with a factor being facing us 6 times a year. He's that kind of guy who want's to make us pay for letting him go.

18The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

IMHO JP Barry has probably already talked to Burke and Sather (see Lebrun's reference above).

I would expect that if so, they told him Ray's best bet was to keep his head down, take the 30% hit if necessary, finish out his time in Russia and come back with a clean slate.

Emery as a Maple Leaf under Wilson and Burke? That's one mean junkyard dog unleashed.

19The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:Emery as a Maple Leaf under Wilson and Burke? That's one mean junkyard dog unleashed.

Emery unleashed in the Big Smoke or the Big Apple? That would end the economic slowdown for the nightclubs and druggeries of those respective cities.

20The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted mid-pack because he has to clear waivers and he'll never make the upper-echelon teams.

He's about ready to go. If I were Colorado, I'd have signed him by now. Problem is, they have to talk to the (very few) teams in front of them and see if anyone will poach him.

21The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:17 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

NYR could trade Lundqvist, but force that other team to take one of their big contracts as well (Redden, Roszival). That frees up a lot of cap space.

22The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I voted mid-pack because he has to clear waivers and he'll never make the upper-echelon teams.

He's about ready to go. If I were Colorado, I'd have signed him by now. Problem is, they have to talk to the (very few) teams in front of them and see if anyone will poach him.

Apparently not, according to JP Barry. If Ray waits until June he is a free agent. Waivers only comes into play if Emery tries to return this season.

23The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:NYR could trade Lundqvist, but force that other team to take one of their big contracts as well (Redden, Roszival). That frees up a lot of cap space.

Boing! I'm in. All in. I'll take Lundqvist and Roszival today please. Even Redden. I'll waive him and buy him out. Just to have King Henrik.

24The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Apparently not, according to JP Barry. If Ray waits until June he is a free agent. Waivers only comes into play if Emery tries to return this season.

Ah. But that's the thing for me, I can see Ray coming in this year. Oh well, we'll have to wait to see if Ray makes it this summer I guess.

25The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Fastball...if Rayzor makes his move too quickly he could (a) get claimed by a team he doesn't want to go to...(b) the Russian Mob might come after him.

Make sense?

26The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think there were enough choices for the survey Smile

Personally, I think he has a shot but I don't know if it will be this year. I don't think he'll be back with the Sens because of the way Elliott is playing (plus Murray has already admitted mistakes by firing two coaches; would he admit giving up on a 25 year old goalie as well?)

There are lots of teams that might be interested in him, but there are too many uncertainties to risk doing it this year:
1. Contract status with Mytichi
2. Does 2.0/.930 in the KHL equate to being NHL ready?
3. Has Ray turned it around?
4. Re-entry waivers problems -- someone else could grab him.

I'll tell you what, though, I wonder if Gainey is thinking about it.

27The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Prags, I couldn't fit 30 clubs into the poll LOL...

My understanding is that Emery has a one year KHL deal. He's free to walk end of May.

28The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

it's a 2 year deal with a option to walk after the 1st.

29The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks Caissie!

30The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:29 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

Well he won't be going to New York city if the Russian Mob is an issue hahaha.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

31The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Prags, I couldn't fit 30 clubs into the poll LOL...

My understanding is that Emery has a one year KHL deal. He's free to walk end of May.

No, I just thought the poll implied he'd either be in the NHL by trade deadline, or sent to the AHL first, or never make it back. I think he'll be back but I doubt anyone will grab him now for the playoff run. Although you never know. Could the Rangers field a team with Avery, Emery and Simon?

32The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

maybe it's just me that is thinking this way ( I voted bottom feeder by the way), but the obvious choice for sugar ray is LA, they have no solid starting goaltender prospect and if Ray hasn't changed his life style any, LA is the perfect place, he can hang out with the stars and party up with Kobe.

33The Return of Razor Ray? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Return of Razor Ray? Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:maybe it's just me that is thinking this way ( I voted bottom feeder by the way), but the obvious choice for sugar ray is LA, they have no solid starting goaltender prospect and if Ray hasn't changed his life style any, LA is the perfect place, he can hang out with the stars and party up with Kobe.

Word.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum