GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie ready to Return

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comrie ready to Return Empty Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:09 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Mike Comrie practised with the Senators today and, though still looking under the weather, declared he'll be ready to go when the team faces the New York Islanders Saturday night at Scotiabank Place.
The addition of Comrie, who has missed the last two games with the flu, would almost certainly be the only lineup change for an Ottawa team that doesn’t want to tinker with success.
That means Brian Elliott should be back in goal trying to extend his personal winning streak to seven games, which is already a franchise record for a first-year netminder.
The Senators, have won seven of their past eight and six in a row at home, were 11 points out of the playoffs with 12 games left before Friday’s action around the league.
A healthy chunk of their success has been the resurgence of the Pizza Line.

fctAdTag("bigbox",MyGenericTagVar,1);

Comrie ready to Return Week7_JMP_Vostro1510_EN_300x250_intel
Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson have combined for 32 points in the team’s last seven games.
Before he fell ill, Comrie was to be placed on a line with Alfredsson and Mike Fisher, leaving Spezza and Heatley to play with rookie Ryan Shannon.
But with Spezza (two goals and an assist) and Alfredsson (one of each) continuing their hot streaks in Thursday’s 5-4 victory over the Habs, coach Cory Clouston is uncertain of how he’ll work the combinations.
“Some of that depends on who we're playing,” he said this morning when asked about his shuffling. “We want to make sure (Comrie) is healthy before I comment on the lines.”

2Comrie ready to Return Empty Re: Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:15 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Mike Comrie practised with the Senators today and, though still looking under the weather, declared he'll be ready to go when the team faces the New York Islanders Saturday night at Scotiabank Place.
The addition of Comrie, who has missed the last two games with the flu, would almost certainly be the only lineup change for an Ottawa team that doesn’t want to tinker with success.
That means Brian Elliott should be back in goal trying to extend his personal winning streak to seven games, which is already a franchise record for a first-year netminder.
The Senators, have won seven of their past eight and six in a row at home, were 11 points out of the playoffs with 12 games left before Friday’s action around the league.
A healthy chunk of their success has been the resurgence of the Pizza Line.

fctAdTag("bigbox",MyGenericTagVar,1);

Comrie ready to Return Week7_JMP_Vostro1510_EN_300x250_intel

Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson have combined for 32 points in the team’s last seven games.
Before he fell ill, Comrie was to be placed on a line with Alfredsson and Mike Fisher, leaving Spezza and Heatley to play with rookie Ryan Shannon.
But with Spezza (two goals and an assist) and Alfredsson (one of each) continuing their hot streaks in Thursday’s 5-4 victory over the Habs, coach Cory Clouston is uncertain of how he’ll work the combinations.
“Some of that depends on who we're playing,” he said this morning when asked about his shuffling. “We want to make sure (Comrie) is healthy before I comment on the lines.”

am all for Comrie coming back, hopefully it doesn't disrupt the chemistry of the team too much, mind you, if Comrie is playing for an extension from Bryan Murray, he will have to come back firing on all cylinders against his former team. Islanders have been playing well lately as DTR has pointed out, so they will be a handful tomorrow night.

3Comrie ready to Return Empty Re: Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Yay! Welcome back! He should add to the chemistry, IMO, not take away chemistry. I wouldn't change the top line though.

I also don't feel comfortable demoting Shannon to the 3rd line, he's too good for that.

So....

Alfie-Spezz-Heater
Shannon-Comrie-Foligno
Neil-Fisher-Kelly
Ruutu-Winchester-Donovan

Or you could flip Comrie to the 3rd line and Fish to the 2nd...whichever you prefer

Who am I forgetting? I must be forgetting someone...probably someone significant too...

Volch-Philly
Kuba-Campoli/Schubert?
Bell-Schubert/Campoli...don't want to put Lee there really...
Lee would be the odd man out

Good? Bad? Meh? Am I forgetting someone again??

4Comrie ready to Return Empty Re: Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Yay! Welcome back! He should add to the chemistry, IMO, not take away chemistry. I wouldn't change the top line though.

I also don't feel comfortable demoting Shannon to the 3rd line, he's too good for that.

So....

Alfie-Spezz-Heater
Shannon-Comrie-Foligno
Neil-Fisher-Kelly
Ruutu-Winchester-Donovan

Or you could flip Comrie to the 3rd line and Fish to the 2nd...whichever you prefer

Who am I forgetting? I must be forgetting someone...probably someone significant too...

Volch-Philly
Kuba-Campoli/Schubert?

I don't like breaking up the FFS line, but if that one isn't clicking against the Isles, clouston has a nice center to move up if needed, nice luxury to have IMO.

5Comrie ready to Return Empty Re: Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:17 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Yay! Welcome back! He should add to the chemistry, IMO, not take away chemistry. I wouldn't change the top line though.

So....

Alfie-Spezz-Heater
Shannon-Comrie-Foligno
Neil-Fisher-Kelly
Ruutu-Winchester-Donovan

Volch-Philly
Kuba-Campoli/Schubert?

Here's a thought? Take that useless bugger Neil out of the lineup. Not only is he slow as molasses and can't keep up to the play, but he's got no talent. Sorry, this guy isn't worth $5 bucks anymore. Waive him to Bingo.

These would be my lines:

Alfie-Spezza-Fisher
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Comrie-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan-Winchester-Schubert

Who else loves th eplayer that Winchester is developing into?

6Comrie ready to Return Empty Re: Comrie ready to Return Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Comrie would slot in on the third. He's missed two games and, more importantly, if his flu is anything like what our family went through he's not going to be able to put out 2nd line minutes.

Jam, what's with the HP ad embedded in your post and in SF71's reply to your post? I clicked on it and it just took me to the main GMHockey page, not to HP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum