GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was Turris ready for the NHL yet?

2 posters

Was Turris ready for the NHL yet?

Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_lcap20%Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_lcap275%Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_rcap2 75% [ 3 ]
Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_lcap225%Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Do you guys feel that turris should have spent a year in the A? or at least in the NCAA? he doesn't seem to be producing as well as he should, and he is only 19.

2Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:21 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Like you said, he's only 19 and very few players are ready to produce at a high level in the NHL at only 19. (I'm not sure Stamkos' age, but he is another player who would benefit from a year or two in the AHL).

Most talent needs at least some time to develop and get them ready for the big show. Doesn't mean they aren't or won't be the superstars they are projected to be, it just means they need more time.

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Turris start lighting it up in the next 2-3 years.

3Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I would also like to add that he needs to get bigger. Much bigger(check out my article on Turris to understand more). He is a incredibly talented player, but he wasnt ready. Just look at Vanriesmdyk. He was picked before Turris and still isnt in the NHL yet.

4Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:12 pm

1 more year with Wisconsin would of been best. after all, it's not like Phoenix is in a hurry to compete.

5Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm

In that market, Phoenix is absolutely in a rush to compete. They need to make the playoffs ASAP.

6Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

cash wrote:In that market, Phoenix is absolutely in a rush to compete. They need to make the playoffs ASAP.
at the risk of ruining the career of one of the potential future superstars?

7Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:46 pm

No. I don't think he should've been rushed to the NHL so quickly, but that doesn't change the fact that they absolutely need to make the playoffs.

8Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:48 pm

cash wrote:No. I don't think he should've been rushed to the NHL so quickly, but that doesn't change the fact that they absolutely need to make the playoffs.
Doan as #1 center, Tikhonov as #2 center. Why? so Turris can play 3rd line? bullsh!t

9Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:34 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
cash wrote:No. I don't think he should've been rushed to the NHL so quickly, but that doesn't change the fact that they absolutely need to make the playoffs.
Doan as #1 center, Tikhonov as #2 center. Why? so Turris can play 3rd line? bullsh!t

I thought Jokinen was the #1 centre.

10Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Empty Re: Was Turris ready for the NHL yet? Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, I don't think they're ruining Turris' career.

It's expected that he'll have struggles early on. Keeping him in the NCAA may have been wiser but I think he has the mental fortitude to survive early confidence issues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum