GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Jan. 17th, 2009

+14
COLLAR UP
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
smash88
pgood
Number Twenty Nine
asq2
PTFlea
LethalLehner
Cronie
PKC
beerandsens
wprager
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Wow, SJ-Detroit playing tonight. Hopefully I'll find an internet feed.

cash wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, I certainly want to see Tavares in a Sens uni, so at this point, the playoffs are a bust, so if Melnyk is pissed, he can shuffle the management about, unless of course he can see the bigger picture and let Murray use his savy to snag even more precious picks, the future could potentially be VERY bright for this Sens team in a year or two.

Don't get me wrong, even though I know the playoffs are an impossibility basically, I HATE losing, but if it pays dividends in the end, I say do it.
Now, the trick is, how can the Sens do WORSE than the Isles?!?! LOL

That's a tall order. They can start by doing the right thing and sending Elliott back to the AHL. They were doing just fine sucking otherwise. No need for changes, but if you REALLY want to guarantee we don't win, start trading guys off for picks and prospects.

Heatley to Columbus for Filatov, their 2009 1st, and Russell,
Vermette to Nashville for Blum.
Fisher to anywere that will take that gigantic Diddle anchor of a contract.
Kuba for a 1st in 2009
I would do the first two, but I'm perennially on the fence with Fisher.
Anyways, you guys are absolutely crazy if you think Kuba is actually worth a 1st. Watch his game closer. Its not even on the fringe of the realm of possibility. There's so many holes in his game, its ridiculous.

Perhaps not a first, but a decent prospect. I think he's got to go at the deadline, when his value will be at it's higest.

asq2 wrote:Wow, SJ-Detroit playing tonight. Hopefully I'll find an internet feed.

Code:
http://www.hockeystreams.com

That's a pay site, but the feeds are outstanding quality. It's way cheaper than NHL Gamecentre too.

I believe it's $50 for the season (that's what my coworker paid), but it could be less now that we are half way through.

EDIT: Here is what they offer. There are various donation (read: price) packages too.

- Live Pre-Season Games
- Live Regular Season Games
- Live Post Season Games
- Live NHL©️ All-Star Game
- Live NHL©️ Draft
- Live NHL©️ Player Awards
- Live Olympics
- Memorial Cup
- Archived Games
- Trade Deadline on multiple stations
- Rumour-Mill Access
- Video is streamed at 648KBps (HQ) and 900KBps (HD), 30 Frames per second, can you go wrong?
- HQ feeds are streamed at a 320x240 resolution, HD feeds are streamed
at a 640x390 resolution. If an HD feed is unavailable the HQ feed will
be in 640x390.
- Plus much, much, more!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Wow, SJ-Detroit playing tonight. Hopefully I'll find an internet feed.

http://www.atdhe.net/

hemlock wrote:
cash wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:Well, I certainly want to see Tavares in a Sens uni, so at this point, the playoffs are a bust, so if Melnyk is pissed, he can shuffle the management about, unless of course he can see the bigger picture and let Murray use his savy to snag even more precious picks, the future could potentially be VERY bright for this Sens team in a year or two.

Don't get me wrong, even though I know the playoffs are an impossibility basically, I HATE losing, but if it pays dividends in the end, I say do it.
Now, the trick is, how can the Sens do WORSE than the Isles?!?! LOL

That's a tall order. They can start by doing the right thing and sending Elliott back to the AHL. They were doing just fine sucking otherwise. No need for changes, but if you REALLY want to guarantee we don't win, start trading guys off for picks and prospects.

Heatley to Columbus for Filatov, their 2009 1st, and Russell,
Vermette to Nashville for Blum.
Fisher to anywere that will take that gigantic Diddle anchor of a contract.
Kuba for a 1st in 2009
I would do the first two, but I'm perennially on the fence with Fisher.
Anyways, you guys are absolutely crazy if you think Kuba is actually worth a 1st. Watch his game closer. Its not even on the fringe of the realm of possibility. There's so many holes in his game, its ridiculous.

Perhaps not a first, but a decent prospect. I think he's got to go at the deadline, when his value will be at it's higest.
Decent like a Zack Smith or a Ilya Zubov. Anything more would be absolutely shocking.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I dunno. On pace for solid numbers offensively, and pretty strong defensively.

Campbell got a 1st and Bernier, and he was more expensive than Kuba is.

Campbell is also in a completely different class than Kuba. No team Kuba has ever been on has ever been successful. Say what you want, but that does have an impact on his value.
He may have solid numbers, but how many offensive D in the league couldn't have put up 20 assists while playing behind the big 3 on the powerplay and in 5-on-5 situations? Even with them struggling, they still put up decent numbers (although not for their paycheck) and the majority of Kuba's assists were secondary assists.
His decision making is extremely suspect and leaves much to be desired. Also, his defensive play isn't strong enough to justify his limited impact in the offensive end and slow foot speed.

The Campbell comparison, in fact, is a great example of why Kuba will not be worth a 1st round pick, let alone a 1st and a prospect. I think we'll be lucky to get a 2nd for him.
It is possible that we get a (Bernier + 1st)-type of package for both Kuba and Vermette (or Kelly), but for one of them alone, we're just fooling ourselves.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I remember a lot of surprise that Bernier and a 1st was all it took for Campbell.

The rumour at the time was Vermette, Schubert, Zubov, and a 2nd for Campbell.

asq2 wrote:I dunno. On pace for solid numbers offensively, and pretty strong defensively.

Campbell got a 1st and Bernier, and he was more expensive than Kuba is.

True. His salary alone should mean the return is decent.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:My hand is also down... He let in one softy, but bailed us out numerous times, making some terrific saves in key situations.
Thats not true, though. The were none of these "key situations" anytime after the 2nd intermission where Elliott bailed us out. Outside of those breakaway saves, he was balied out a ton by the skaters in front of him. He was barely even tested in the third and OT.

and the boy is made of rubber. Can just one shot not result in a rebound? Who's been training him, Gerber? This being said, send him back for the rest of the season, intensive training in the off season and back with the big club in October.

But, I almost want Phoenix to fold so we can get their goalie :-)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="MurderOnIce]
It is very simple what is wrong with Heatley, watch his shifts. He is always out too long. It takes longer to recover, he is unable to compete at the end of the shift, he can't move his feet... If he kept his shifts around 40 seconds he would look a lot better. That is the one thing I would harp on if I was Hartsburg.[/quote]

Yep. He had me screaming "Get off the *&%^& ice" at one point. Not sure why I was yelling, I was watching on the PVR after the game was done.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott's rebounding reminds me of... dare I say it... Gerber. But he's young, new and that can be addressed as he develops. He needs to be facing NHL-caliber shots now to work on that aspect of his game.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Rebounding seems to be a consistant problem with SENS goalies...

Eli has got to go...clearly he is part of the problem IMO...as a goalie coach...how does this problem not get fixed...especially with 3 goalies...

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Eli is not the problem. He coaches Price and Thomas as well.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm biased, I took a 5 day camp with him the summer before last, and as a 25 year old I was definitely the old man there. Met Emery (with cast on) and Braithwaite (sp?). It was fun in a way but altogether torturous in another. I think rebounds on a rookie thrown into a bad situation with terrible d is kind of par for the course.

Thank God Heatley got those 2 goals last night, because he played an otherwise awful game once again.

He isnt worth 7.5 mil a year, I dont even think he is worth 7. Ill take Brad Boyes for 4 mil rather than Heatley for 7.5, seriously, I would. Not straight up in a trade or anything, but in the general glimps of things.

Heatley doesn't do anything out there, nothing.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Thank God Heatley got those 2 goals last night, because he played an otherwise awful game once again.

He isnt worth 7.5 mil a year, I dont even think he is worth 7. Ill take Brad Boyes for 4 mil rather than Heatley for 7.5, seriously, I would. Not straight up in a trade or anything, but in the general glimps of things.

Heatley doesn't do anything out there, nothing.

And yet the majority of the fan-base seems to think it still should be Spezza who goes. 🇳🇴

I would move Heatley before Spezza, 100%, but the question is, can you?

Something has to change soon, and Spezza might be the only guy that can go thats worth anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum