GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cody Bass done for the season

+6
Riprock
Cronie
SensGirl11
PTFlea
cain69
beerandsens
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Maybe it's a sign that they think he's ready to stay, or that the trigger is about to be pulled on a trade (or that they want us to think that the trigger is about to be pulled...cue the X-files music...)

17Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Maybe it's a sign that they think he's ready to stay, or that the trigger is about to be pulled on a trade (or that they want us to think that the trigger is about to be pulled...cue the X-files music...)

Yeah, I thought of that as well, but...I'd be careful if I was Murray. One thing that we can never discount is how important winning faceoffs are. And we have one of the very best in the entire league in Vermette.

I don't know what I'd do if I was in his position. I know that if I was a contender with a PK in the middle of the league, I would try very hard to acquire Vermette for both his PK ability and his faceoffs.

18Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

But if we were to pick up Tavares (just hypothetically, of course), wouldn't Kelly be somewhat less important? And an argument could be made that Fisher might have more value on the trade market than he does in Ottawa - that's not to undervalue his contribution here, but more in recognition of how much in demand he usually is. Foligno might have some value as a third liner to a bubble team, up until today, Bass might have. There are a few more as well.

Similar arguments could be made around Hedman, Schenn, Cowen, MSP, etc. down to about the 10th in line, that would allow for a very strong core to be kept intact.

And as I have mentioned elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me to see Murray picking twice in the first 10. I can almost see a cross between Pittsburgh and Anaheim coming at us for 2010-11 (wasn't that the year you predicted?)

19Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With Bass out and A-Train coming back, Schubert can go back to being a fourth line banger. Win-Win, no?

20Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow sounds like a great idea to me! Get that guy off of our blueline!

21Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Sucks for Bass Sad

As much as I like Z. Smith, I'd rather take the hit than call him up. Bingo has already suffered quite a bit of loss from the Sens calling up players as is. They need to compete too.

22Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="504Heater"][quote="Acrobat"]Maybe it's a sign that they think he's ready to stay, or that the trigger is about to be pulled on a trade (or that they want us to think that the trigger is about to be pulled...cue the X-files music...)[/quote]

Yeah, I thought of that as well, but...I'd be careful if I was Murray. One thing that we can never discount is how important winning faceoffs are. And we have one of the very best in the entire league in Vermette.

I don't know what I'd do if I was in his position. I know that if I was a contender with a PK in the middle of the league, I would try very hard to acquire Vermette for both his PK ability and his faceoffs.[/quote]

On the drive up from calgary to edmonton today I was listening to the
Team 1260 and they kept saying Edmonton needs a player who could win
faces off's and kill penalities. I wondering if Murray would consider
moving Kelly or Vermette to them if Edmonton was interested in making a
deal. I tried calling in to see what they thought about Kelly or
Vermette but the line was busy. The one announce was thinking Malholtra
as a possible player but doesn't think CLB would move him.

23Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:

That seems very plausible. All the 'Edmonton wants Spezza' BS is probably completely wrong, they probably want Vermette pretty bad actually.

Hmmm. How bad though? Souray is kicking Donkey right now, Visnovsky is literally a steal for them. Gilbert? Grevoshki (sp)?

24Cody Bass done for the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:

That seems very plausible. All the 'Edmonton wants Spezza' BS is probably completely wrong, they probably want Vermette pretty bad actually.

Hmmm. How bad though? Souray is kicking Donkey right now, Visnovsky is literally a steal for them. Gilbert? Grevoshki (sp)?

Grebeshkov? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum