GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cody Bass done for the season

+6
Riprock
Cronie
SensGirl11
PTFlea
cain69
beerandsens
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cody Bass done for the season Empty Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:08 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/02/7902466.html

Haven't read it yet, but I don't like the sound of it...

2Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:11 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well that sucks. Who's likely the next young face we'll see in the lineup?

3Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:21 pm

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

So what else can go wrong for Ottawa ?

4Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Z.Smith time.

5Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:43 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Silver lining?

6Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Whatever.

7Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

At least A Train and Winchester are ready to come back, we need them more than Bass.

8Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It does suck for Bass though, this is just going to set him back with the club even more. I don't wish surgery on anyone or serious injury to anyone, so it sucks in that sense.

9Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jesus... That sucks about Bass...

10Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:It does suck for Bass though, this is just going to set him back with the club even more. I don't wish surgery on anyone or serious injury to anyone, so it sucks in that sense.

Nah, he's a good little energy player. They'll just tell him to rehab properly and be prepared for next season.

11Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The real thing to realize is with all the call ups and injuries, we are gutting Bingo of their team.

12Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:The real thing to realize is with all the call ups and injuries, we are gutting Bingo of their team.

Meh...I don't think they'll end up calling up Z.Smith or Regin with Winchester coming back now.

And as long as Bingo has Elliot, they'll have a winning record.

The thing that bothered me was Zubov being a healthy scratch in Ottawa instead of being returned to Bingo to help them out.

13Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe it's a sign that they think he's ready to stay, or that the trigger is about to be pulled on a trade (or that they want us to think that the trigger is about to be pulled...cue the X-files music...)

14Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Maybe it's a sign that they think he's ready to stay, or that the trigger is about to be pulled on a trade (or that they want us to think that the trigger is about to be pulled...cue the X-files music...)

Yeah, I thought of that as well, but...I'd be careful if I was Murray. One thing that we can never discount is how important winning faceoffs are. And we have one of the very best in the entire league in Vermette.

I don't know what I'd do if I was in his position. I know that if I was a contender with a PK in the middle of the league, I would try very hard to acquire Vermette for both his PK ability and his faceoffs.

15Cody Bass done for the season Empty Re: Cody Bass done for the season Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

But if we were to pick up Tavares (just hypothetically, of course), wouldn't Kelly be somewhat less important? And an argument could be made that Fisher might have more value on the trade market than he does in Ottawa - that's not to undervalue his contribution here, but more in recognition of how much in demand he usually is. Foligno might have some value as a third liner to a bubble team, up until today, Bass might have. There are a few more as well.

Similar arguments could be made around Hedman, Schenn, Cowen, MSP, etc. down to about the 10th in line, that would allow for a very strong core to be kept intact.

And as I have mentioned elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me to see Murray picking twice in the first 10. I can almost see a cross between Pittsburgh and Anaheim coming at us for 2010-11 (wasn't that the year you predicted?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum