GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber to the Devils?

+8
shabbs
rooneypoo
Urethra Franklin
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
Snuh
Cronie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Gerber to the Devils? Empty Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No sooner than I pose the question as to why the pundits or media outlets aren't speculating about Gerbs catching Lou's attention, Spector puts this out...

http://spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=269:nhl-rumors-november-6-2008&catid=34:articles&Itemid=55

Now, granted I and many will probably agree with Spector's take that Gerbs would be well at the bottom of Lou's list, but who's to say acquiring any of the others mentioned would be easy? Well except for Khabi, who I'm sure Tallon would trade for a case of Rickards White at this point.

2Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Brian Gionta, please!

Swap a UFA goalie for a UFA RW/Top 6 forward

Cap hit on Gionta is $4 million. Very doable!

Come on, Lou!

3Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I prefer Rickards Red. But the White is still delicious.

Good find Cronie!

4Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree I prefer the Red as well. I'm not a beer drinker per se but I like that stuff.

- Unknown Author

5Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:58 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Meh.. I really don't see us getting anything for Gerber... We have to remember any team that takes Gerber from us, is actually doing us a favor.. The Gm's out there know this... We won't be getting anything for Gerber...

6Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:I prefer Rickards Red. But the White is still delicious.

Good find Cronie!

Tried Rickards White in Niagara Falls this past summer. Not sure if it was because I was hot and dehydrated, but man, that's a tasty and refreshing beer!

7Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Urethra Franklin

Urethra Franklin
Prospect
Prospect

Snuh wrote:
mattshock wrote:I prefer Rickards Red. But the White is still delicious.

Good find Cronie!

Tried Rickards White in Niagara Falls this past summer. Not sure if it was because I was hot and dehydrated, but man, that's a tasty and refreshing beer!

8Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Snuh wrote:Brian Gionta, please!

Come on, Lou!

LOL.

If we were so lucky as to find someone to take Gerber off our hands, I wouldn't be surprised if the deal ended up looking like McCabe's to FLA -- we give up a draft pick and take on a smaller problem in return.

No one's giving us anything of value for Gerber. End of story.

9Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Rickards white. Put a slice of orange and lime in there on a hot summer day and it goes down OH so good.

Deep down, I'm a Guiness man, but on the Canadian beer front, I like Rickards Red and White, Chambly and every once in a while, Molson Canadian. Smile

10Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:29 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Welcome Urethra!!

I'm sure you had more to say.

I know we've had some issues with Google Chrome. If that's what you're using, try Firefox or IE?

11Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Come on, Lou!

LOL.

If we were so lucky as to find someone to take Gerber off our hands, I wouldn't be surprised if the deal ended up looking like McCabe's to FLA -- we give up a draft pick and take on a smaller problem in return.

We know you're right. But then again, McCabe wasn't a UFA.

Gerber is, and has shown he can get hot at the right time. Maybe someone takes a chance on him. I can dream.

12Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:36 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="mattshock"]
rooneypoo wrote:

Come on, Lou!

LOL.

We know you're right. But then again, McCabe wasn't a UFA.

Gerber is, and has shown he can get hot at the right time. Maybe someone takes a chance on him. I can dream.[/quote]

Milbury isn't in the NHL anymore...

13Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I wish..

14Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:31 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I wish..

Oh in this tight salary cap world... I'm sure quite a few GM's wish he'd still be around.... LOL

15Gerber to the Devils? Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

These newbies in Tampa may be the next best thing..!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum