GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber to the Devils?

+8
shabbs
rooneypoo
Urethra Franklin
smash88
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
Snuh
Cronie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

I wish..

17Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:31 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I wish..

Oh in this tight salary cap world... I'm sure quite a few GM's wish he'd still be around.... LOL

18Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

These newbies in Tampa may be the next best thing..!

19Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:57 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:These newbies in Tampa may be the next best thing..!

Yeah your quite right....

20Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Gerber isnt going anywhere... dont know why he is a topic EVERYDAY...

21Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:16 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Gerber isnt going anywhere... dont know why he is a topic EVERYDAY...

I don't think he's the only topic... Most topics have been covered... Gerber makes 3.7 as a backup, that should be a topic all in itself IMO...

22Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:26 pm

smash88 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Gerber isnt going anywhere... dont know why he is a topic EVERYDAY...

I don't think he's the only topic... Most topics have been covered... Gerber makes 3.7 as a backup, that should be a topic all in itself IMO...

He isnt the only topic, but we discuss him everday... the only way he gets dealt is a Gerber for Raycroft deal, thats it...

Just sick of hearing about him when the team is playing well, the D is coming together better then expected including Schubert, and the forwards are playing a responsible game, who cares about Gerber.

23Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:

HA! True...

At least we're not the Knicks paying Marbury $21.9 million dollars to watch other people play basketball.

Madness.

24Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:30 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Gerber is not going anywhere but to Switzerland this summer

25Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:Gerber is not going anywhere but to Switzerland this summer

Why wait for summer?

And he's a topic of discussion because we want him moved. Hence, we ponder different scenarios where he could be moved. Anytime a team seems to be considering shopping for a goalie, you can be assured we will bring up the fact that we have one.

26Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm

mattshock wrote:
beedub wrote:Gerber is not going anywhere but to Switzerland this summer

Why wait for summer?

And he's a topic of discussion because we want him moved. Hence, we ponder different scenarios where he could be moved. Anytime a team seems to be considering shopping for a goalie, you can be assured we will bring up the fact that we have one.

Gerber is not going anywhere. If there was a disease running through the NHL and it only infected goalies, and Gerber was immune to it, we still couldnt move him. He is a good backup and the guys like him. There is more to it then just a 3.7 mil cap hit while he is sitting on the bench. Right now with all the POSSIBLE scenario's, Gerber being the backup here is Ottawa's best option.

27Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:47 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I have to agree with you Neely.

That disease bit has me laughin' it up here btw.

28Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:15 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Gerber to New Jersey makes all the sense in the world. Kevin Weekes might not be a bad goalie, but that team won't be able to make it through the next 4 months without Brodeur. And by the way, that 4 months is a very generous estimation, some are saying he might not be back this season.

29Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:18 pm

PKC wrote:Gerber to New Jersey makes all the sense in the world. Kevin Weekes might not be a bad goalie, but that team won't be able to make it through the next 4 months without Brodeur. And by the way, that 4 months is a very generous estimation, some are saying he might not be back this season.

Weekes is a better goalie than Gerber. He has played well so far and can play a good stretch of games. People in Ottawa think its stupid to have a 3.7 million dollar back up, well trading for one would be the defninition of retarded.

It makes no sense for NJ to take Gerber, zero.

30Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:36 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
PKC wrote:Gerber to New Jersey makes all the sense in the world. Kevin Weekes might not be a bad goalie, but that team won't be able to make it through the next 4 months without Brodeur. And by the way, that 4 months is a very generous estimation, some are saying he might not be back this season.

Weekes is a better goalie than Gerber. He has played well so far and can play a good stretch of games. People in Ottawa think its stupid to have a 3.7 million dollar back up, well trading for one would be the defninition of retarded.

It makes no sense for NJ to take Gerber, zero.

Yes, exactly... and even if they wanted to upgrade, I think they would go after others before Gerber...

31Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Others like who? And for what pieces in return? They need a starting goalie, but they don't need one that comes with a massive salary or anything more than this year on their contract. And just wait until Weekes gets lit up like a Christmas tree, and then we'll see some chatter.

32Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:Others like who? And for what pieces in return? They need a starting goalie, but they don't need one that comes with a massive salary or anything more than this year on their contract. And just wait until Weekes gets lit up like a Christmas tree, and then we'll see some chatter.

Which is why Gerber and Khabibulin should be high on Lou's radar IMO. If he does try to trade for an upgrade to Weeks I think he'd be more attacted to a contract that expires at the end of the year, or perhaps a young talented goalie who can learn from Brodeur over the next season or two, ie. Halak.

33Gerber to the Devils? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to the Devils? Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I want Mark Fraser (prospect) from the Devils.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum