GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Does Giroux get an A?

He certainly should.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What an off season this has been for Dorion. And he's not done yet. Judge this team after training camp.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Brown to the Caps for a 2nd? Not great.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brown to the Caps for a 2nd?  Not great.

Meh we’re gonna get a RD now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

That's the last move before RFAs. Here's hoping that trade for a RHD top-4 D-man involves Zaitsev.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's the last move before RFAs.  Here's hoping that trade for a RHD top-4 D-man involves Zaitsev.

He’ll be moved one way or the other, probably using this pick.

I’m surprised gms didn’t want brown more.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gaudreau to Columbus 7 years 9.8M

Is this guy an idiot or what

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Gaudreau to Columbus 7 years 9.8M

Is this guy an idiot or what

I wonder if he sat out too long and the other teams pulled out and this is what he was left holding.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's the last move before RFAs.  Here's hoping that trade for a RHD top-4 D-man involves Zaitsev.

Underwhelming return for sure but not by much. I don’t think that we were getting a first.
Plus by 2024 that pick might be a mid to high second.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Underwhelming return but probably what they'd get at the deadline. Plus they could use the money and asset to bring in a RHD.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So what are the options on D rumoured to be linked to the sens?

Chychrun
Weegar
Marino

Seems like Pittsburg has made moves to shore up their right side and now have an extra D there.
Would that be my first choice? No. Probably my last. But at least he’s a controlled asset for 5 years.

It will be interesting to see the cost of acquiring these. We already know the price is high for chychrun.
Florida won’t do us any favours since we signed Giroux from under them.
What could be the cost for Marino? I can’t see a 2nd being enough for them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown for a 2nd honestly sounds about right. We were never getting a first for him, and if the rumours are true that the 2nd will be used in getting a good defenceman, I think we all would have been happy trading Brown in a package for said d-man.....so it's allllllllllll gravy baby is what I'm getting at.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone heard or read feedback from dev camp? I'm pretty excited to see Greign and Boucher (maybe?) at the world juniors next month.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard or read feedback from dev camp? I'm pretty excited to see Greign and Boucher (maybe?) at the world juniors next month.

I have only seen thag they are the two standouts so far. Boucher looks better than his play this season and has an nhl shot

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard or read feedback from dev camp? I'm pretty excited to see Greign and Boucher (maybe?) at the world juniors next month.

I have only seen thag they are the two standouts so far. Boucher looks better than his play this season and has an nhl shot

That's what I heard too. Though an NHL shot is unlikely for both this year. Would be happy if they think Boucher can play in the AHL this year with Greig. Maybe we see a Jarventie-Greig-Boucher line Belleville this year?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's what I heard too. Though an NHL shot is unlikely for both this year. Would be happy if they think Boucher can play in the AHL this year with Greig. Maybe we see a Jarventie-Greig-Boucher line Belleville this year?

Possible. I wouldn’t mind him going back to 67s to play with Marco kasper if he comes over.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Possible. I wouldn’t mind him going back to 67s to play with Marco kasper if he comes over.

True... but he's already living with Greig and Sanderson so I think I'd want that chemistry with Greig to continue at least. A year of domination in the OHL would be great but if he's come this far along and he's healthy, it could hurt his confidence to be 'demoted' to the OHL when Greig is in the AHL and Sanderson the NHL. I'd at least want him to be on par with Greig if he's on par with him now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't help but feel we're getting Weegar. FLA has to re-sign Huberdeau next year and they're already $3M over the cap. I suppose Hornqvist, Gudas, and Yandle's cap hits come off the books next year (approx. $12M) but Florida has essentially no depth, and I'm not sure there's a team out there that will take on Bob's contract. My guess is it's Brann, a prospect, and a pick for Weegar with an extension. He is 28 so I wouldn't want him any longer than 3/4 years.

I think we may be saddled with Zaitsev though. It's going to cost a lot to get rid of him. With his bonus paid, at this point you may as well just bench him as a healthy scratch and a depth piece. But if Gudbranson got a 4x4 maybe there's a team out there willing to gamble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum