GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It really looks like Formenton is going to be a 4th liner if he suits up with Ottawa. There's no denying the Pinto-Motte-Joseph chemistry. I suspect he won't play games in Ottawa this year.

I seriously wonder how long the hockey Canada inquiry will take. I can’t imagine the hood out is for any other reason.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It really looks like Formenton is going to be a 4th liner if he suits up with Ottawa. There's no denying the Pinto-Motte-Joseph chemistry. I suspect he won't play games in Ottawa this year.
if he’s signed he’d be the third line Lw. He’s better than motte.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:At this point why even have zaitsev up in Ottawa. Just send him down to Belleville. He might be better suited to help out Belleville. His spot would be better utilized by one of the kids.

If he’s not playing, his spot would not be better filled by a young player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I was driving back home during the game last night -- first 2 periods had to listen to TSN-690 because you can't pick up TSN-1200 until you pass Calypso. But I watched the recap on YouTube and Brannstrom was in half the highlights.  Pretty good game for him, but we have to keep in mind the opposition.  

Zaitsev was also in half of the highlights.  Woof.  Not good at all.  If he's on the ice when the regular season starts DJ needs to go.  I'm ok carrying him as a 7D and only seeing ice to rest Chabot at practice or when someone gets actually injured. If he can show some improvement during those outings, fine, maybe he gets a bit more leash, but for now he should be sitting.

His game was far better than people were saying. He made a mistake on their first goal, but that was really the only terrible thing. He’d be my 7th D but I don’t think it makes a difference if he plays bottom pairing minutes.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:At this point why even have zaitsev up in Ottawa. Just send him down to Belleville. He might be better suited to help out Belleville. His spot would be better utilized by one of the kids.

Well 7d’s are usually rotated in the 3rd pairing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

You beat me to it. Let him sit and give the prospects lots of ice time in Belleville.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I was driving back home during the game last night -- first 2 periods had to listen to TSN-690 because you can't pick up TSN-1200 until you pass Calypso. But I watched the recap on YouTube and Brannstrom was in half the highlights.  Pretty good game for him, but we have to keep in mind the opposition.  

Zaitsev was also in half of the highlights.  Woof.  Not good at all.  If he's on the ice when the regular season starts DJ needs to go.  I'm ok carrying him as a 7D and only seeing ice to rest Chabot at practice or when someone gets actually injured. If he can show some improvement during those outings, fine, maybe he gets a bit more leash, but for now he should be sitting.

His game was far better than people were saying. He made a mistake on their first goal, but that was really the only terrible thing. He’d be my 7th D but I don’t think it makes a difference if he plays bottom pairing minutes.

He was in two Habs highlights. But, of course, I didn't watch the other 90% of the game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
I'm not convinced this is an accurate statement. Faster yes. Otherwise - I'm not sure I agree.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We will saw what he does in the regular season buy his chemistry with Pinto and Joseph is off the charts

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
I'm not convinced this is an accurate statement. Faster yes. Otherwise - I'm not sure I agree.

His first full season was far better than anything motte has done in his entire career (offensively). Motte is a one year player at low dollars. Formenton would make at least $3 million on a new contract. people are underselling him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Formenton may be a better scorer but I really like what Motte has brought to the table. I am not sure that Formenton has the same IQ and rounded out game that Motte has.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hate to be in that camp but I really don't see how his status (not signed) can be interpreted as anything other than being related to the status of the Hockey Canada investigation, which likely means he was involved. Same with Batherson, unfortunately. Really hope it gets resolved positively but that hope is slipping away.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Batherson has at least said he's participating with the investigation. There's been nothing from Formentons camp.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Frank Serivalli apparently said Ottawa is leading the push for Chychrun on Fan 590 this AM. I'm okay with the deal so long as we're not giving up an arm and a leg to acquire him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Frank Serivalli apparently said Ottawa is leading the push for Chychrun on Fan 590 this AM. I'm okay with the deal so long as we're not giving up an arm and a leg to acquire him.

Formenton part of the deal? While I still doubt any NHL players will be sanctioned to any significant degree I suspect public outcry would be much less in US markets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Frank Serivalli apparently said Ottawa is leading the push for Chychrun on Fan 590 this AM. I'm okay with the deal so long as we're not giving up an arm and a leg to acquire him.

Formenton part of the deal?  While I still doubt any NHL players will be sanctioned to any significant degree I suspect public outcry would be much less in US markets.
Especially in Arizona where only a few years ago Matthews was running around groping people. 

Zaitsev, Formenton, Thomson, 2023 1st, 2024 Wash 2nd. Do it

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Talbot out 5-7 weeks with a broken rib. Magnus Hellberg claimed off waivers from the Kraken. Payback for Daccord?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Talbot out 5-7 weeks with a broken rib. Magnus Hellberg claimed off waivers from the Kraken. Payback for Daccord?

** 3-7 weeks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum