GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t live in Ottawa but I personally think the sens are somewhat handicapped in comparison to many other markets if there’s no public funding. In all fairness, having the sens move downtown offers many financial benefits revitalizing the neighbourhood and generating further income for the city.
That’s a level of benefit the city should be paying into.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

100%. Problem is the city is more focused on rolling out a dysfunctional light rail system and reducing streets on main arteries like Elgin Street than realizing the financial gains from 20,000 people going to Sens games 41 times a year.... plus events, concerts, and all the other reasons to go to LeBreton.

What this will do for travel and tourism and resurrecting business and the downtown core in general is infinite but the city doesn't see it like that. Why I'm not sure.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:100%. Problem is the city is more focused on rolling out a dysfunctional light rail system and reducing streets on main arteries like Elgin Street than realizing the financial gains from 20,000 people going to Sens games 41 times a year.... plus events, concerts, and all the other reasons to go to LeBreton.

What this will do for travel and tourism and resurrecting business and the downtown core in general is infinite but the city doesn't see it like that. Why I'm not sure.

Melnyk never believed in "you rub my back and I'll rub yours" and there was no personal benefit to the Mayor or councilors to assist the Sens in any way. Let's face it, they didn't just say no to public funds, they said no to everything.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Alfie is going into the Hockey Hall of Fame

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ALFIE to the hall of fame! Clapping

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeBreton, Alfie, Luke Richardson. Things are looking good!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:LeBreton, Alfie, Luke Richardson. Things are looking good!

What’s next? Change in ownership? Trade and FA for a legit top 4 Dman and a top 6 forward? All without trading the 1st round pick? Dare to dream…

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not in order, but:
- RFAs signed
- trade for top 4 or 7th overall
- top 6
- arena funding (possibly new part owner)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So I've decided that I am okay with ottawa drafting any of:

Wright, Jiricek, Slaf, Cooley, kemmell, simec, Gauthier nazar, lekkerimak, Kasper.

I will upset if they draft Savoie, Geekie, or anyone else  

My preference would be Kemmell given that he could be dynamite on Stutzles wing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So I've decided that I am okay with ottawa drafting any of:

Wright, Jiricek, Slaf, Cooley, kemmell, simec, Gauthier nazar, lekkerimak, Kasper.

I don’t think Savoie would be a bad pick up at all. But he does t look like a Dorion pick.

And did you mean Nemec or like Dorion you like to go way off the board? 😂
I could see the sens going after Korchinski but we don’t need another top echelon LHD.
I would pass on kasher.
Part of me will be quite sad if we trade the pick as I would like my shinny new toy on draft day and I don’t think we don’t need some near elite guys on ELCs in a couple years and this could be our last chance to draft this high (hopefully).

Last edited by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is one of these rare years where I’ll be happy with a number of guys drafted with 7th. There’s a lot of choice to go with after the 3rd pick and these guys could go anywhere,

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So I've decided that I am okay with ottawa drafting any of:

I don’t think Savoie would be a bad pick up at all. But he does t look like a Dorion pick.

I could see the sens going after Korchinski but we don’t need another top echelon LHD.
I would pass on kasher.
Part of me will be quite sad if we trade the pick as I would like my shinny new toy on draft day and I don’t think we don’t need some near elite guys on ELCs in a couple years and this could be our last chance to draft this high (hopefully).
Sorry. On my phone. Auto correct is brutal on this site. Nemec is what i meant

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Kemmel is my guy. We need a goal scorer. Don't need a possession guy or a playmaker. We need someone to take Stutzles passes and rip it home. I realize he's not the best skater and is one dimensional but so was Dany Heatley. This team needs another guy like that. Put greig on the wing and that's a pretty nasty second line. 

I heard Savoie has compete issues

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Kemmel is my guy. We need a goal scorer. Don't need a possession guy or a playmaker. We need someone to take Stutzles passes and rip it home. I realize he's not the best skater and is one dimensional but so was Dany Heatley. This team needs another guy like that. Put greig on the wing and that's a pretty nasty second line. 

I heard Savoie has compete issues
The compete issues are sometimes overblown and you have the opposite evaluation that says he’s got a high battle level.
What he brings in terms of skill is undeniable. He’s probably not the guy that will drive the entire line but if there’s a guy that could be a top line winger it’s him.

Apart from goalie, there isn’t a position I’d be upset in picking up. RW, C, RHD. the options that will be available at 7 all look amazing.
Of course I’ll want to strangle Dorion if he goes way off the board again to pick up some schmuck with “grit and high character” as opposed to skill.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes. Hopefully we're not all disappointed

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lots of Fiala chatter. I'd only trade if a 5 x 7M deal also came with it. 

To Min: 7th, C. Brown, Jarventie
To Ott: Fiala

Sign Giroux, move Joseph to L3 with Formenton

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Lots of Fiala chatter. I'd only trade if a 5 x 7M deal also came with it. 

To Min: 7th, C. Brown, Jarventie
To Ott: Fiala

Sign Giroux, move Joseph to L3 with Formenton

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

Massive overpay from Ottawa there. Yikes. Luckily he is going to LA.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

I would pass on kasher.

"simec" is the first 2 letters of his first name and the last 3 of his last name. Kinda like JLo or ARod, but different Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum