GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard or read feedback from dev camp? I'm pretty excited to see Greign and Boucher (maybe?) at the world juniors next month.

I have only seen thag they are the two standouts so far. Boucher looks better than his play this season and has an nhl shot

That's what I heard too. Though an NHL shot is unlikely for both this year. Would be happy if they think Boucher can play in the AHL this year with Greig. Maybe we see a Jarventie-Greig-Boucher line Belleville this year?

Possible. I wouldn’t mind him going back to 67s to play with Marco kasper if he comes over.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Has anyone heard or read feedback from dev camp? I'm pretty excited to see Greign and Boucher (maybe?) at the world juniors next month.

I have only seen thag they are the two standouts so far. Boucher looks better than his play this season and has an nhl shot

That's what I heard too. Though an NHL shot is unlikely for both this year. Would be happy if they think Boucher can play in the AHL this year with Greig. Maybe we see a Jarventie-Greig-Boucher line Belleville this year?

Possible. I wouldn’t mind him going back to 67s to play with Marco kasper if he comes over.

True... but he's already living with Greig and Sanderson so I think I'd want that chemistry with Greig to continue at least. A year of domination in the OHL would be great but if he's come this far along and he's healthy, it could hurt his confidence to be 'demoted' to the OHL when Greig is in the AHL and Sanderson the NHL. I'd at least want him to be on par with Greig if he's on par with him now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't help but feel we're getting Weegar. FLA has to re-sign Huberdeau next year and they're already $3M over the cap. I suppose Hornqvist, Gudas, and Yandle's cap hits come off the books next year (approx. $12M) but Florida has essentially no depth, and I'm not sure there's a team out there that will take on Bob's contract. My guess is it's Brann, a prospect, and a pick for Weegar with an extension. He is 28 so I wouldn't want him any longer than 3/4 years.

I think we may be saddled with Zaitsev though. It's going to cost a lot to get rid of him. With his bonus paid, at this point you may as well just bench him as a healthy scratch and a depth piece. But if Gudbranson got a 4x4 maybe there's a team out there willing to gamble.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Can't help but feel we're getting Weegar. FLA has to re-sign Huberdeau next year and they're already $3M over the cap. I suppose Hornqvist, Gudas, and Yandle's cap hits come off the books next year (approx. $12M) but Florida has essentially no depth, and I'm not sure there's a team out there that will take on Bob's contract. My guess is it's Brann, a prospect, and a pick for Weegar with an extension. He is 28 so I wouldn't want him any longer than 3/4 years.

I think we may be saddled with Zaitsev though. It's going to cost a lot to get rid of him. With his bonus paid, at this point you may as well just bench him as a healthy scratch and a depth piece. But if Gudbranson got a 4x4 maybe there's a team out there willing to gamble.

I think chychrun makes more sens because of his salary and he’s signed for three more seasons. Arizona is also not competing like Florida is trying to (although I don’t think they’re anything special). Chycrun and Zaitsev swap makes a lot of sense

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chychrun would probably be so motivated on a new team after being stuck in NHL purgatory forever.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Gaudreau to Columbus 7 years 9.8M

Is this guy an idiot or what

According to CapFriendly the contract is $9.75M each year (not front loaded at all). Year 7 he will be 35-36. I don't think he will last that long playing in the East, let alone be worth anywhere near that cap hit. Good for Johnny but that's not a good contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Brown to the Caps for a 2nd?  Not great.

Meh we’re gonna get a RD now

That's the last move before RFAs.  Here's hoping that trade for a RHD top-4 D-man involves Zaitsev.

He’ll be moved one way or the other, probably using this pick.

I’m surprised gms didn’t want brown more.
Underwhelming return but probably what they'd get at the deadline. Plus they could use the money and asset to bring in a RHD.

Remember what we got for Pageau at the deadline? Very comparable players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Can't help but feel we're getting Weegar. FLA has to re-sign Huberdeau next year and they're already $3M over the cap. I suppose Hornqvist, Gudas, and Yandle's cap hits come off the books next year (approx. $12M) but Florida has essentially no depth, and I'm not sure there's a team out there that will take on Bob's contract. My guess is it's Brann, a prospect, and a pick for Weegar with an extension. He is 28 so I wouldn't want him any longer than 3/4 years.

I think chychrun makes more sens because of his salary and he’s signed for three more seasons. Arizona is also not competing like Florida is trying to (although I don’t think they’re anything special). Chycrun and Zaitsev swap makes a lot of sense

Then I think we're looking at Zaitsev, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, Brannstrom, prospect at a minimum. I'm not sure I'm willing to trade another 1st given that Boucher was far from a home-run meaning we'll be out 3 1st rd picks in a row. If it's lottery protected then maybe...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

That's the last move before RFAs.  Here's hoping that trade for a RHD top-4 D-man involves Zaitsev.

Underwhelming return but probably what they'd get at the deadline. Plus they could use the money and asset to bring in a RHD.

Remember what we got for Pageau at the deadline?  Very comparable players.

Somewhat comparable. JG was several years younger, plays center, and produces in the playoffs. Brown has 5 points (1 goal) in 20 playoff games - Pageau had 10 points in 19 games (8 goals) with Ottawa in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Remember what we got for Pageau at the deadline?  Very comparable players.

But we don’t want to move players at the deadline.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Gaudreau to Columbus 7 years 9.8M

Is this guy an idiot or what

According to CapFriendly the contract is $9.75M each year (not front loaded at all).  Year 7 he will be 35-36. I don't think he will last that long playing in the East, let alone be worth anywhere near that cap hit.  Good for Johnny but that's not a good contract.

I don’t love him but I don’t think it’s a bad deal especially considering he turned down more money from Calgary and NJ

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Norris contract coming today

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya? I just saw Mendes on twitter suggest that more Sens news may be coming today

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Heard it from a good source

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Heard it from a good source

Some guy on twitter is suggesting Klingberg on a short term deal but who knows. Not the player I want anyway. And the source doesn't seem to be reliable.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some guy on twitter is suggesting Klingberg on a short term deal but who knows. Not the player I want anyway. And the source doesn't seem to be reliable.

Lol probably not. But if it’s short term then I’ll take it

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Lol probably not. But if it’s short term then I’ll take it

Ya I mean it's actually perfect. Weeger is already 28 and Chychrun is going to cost a fortune. I'm hoping JBD and Thomson are NHLers come end of next season when Hamonic is gone so it sort of makes sense...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pacioretty:

“Things could have shifted pretty negative for me, staying in Vegas there for a couple more years,” Pacioretty said. “I’m so proud of what I accomplished there. I just feel like everyone has a shelf life there.”

Vegas is gonna have a bad reputation in no time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum