GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matt Murray has always been a dickhead, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a grumpy wumpy. Get him out of here ASAP, regardless. He is useless.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Matt Murray has always been a dickhead, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a grumpy wumpy.  Get him out of here ASAP, regardless.  He is useless.

I agree - especially with calling him a grumpy wumpy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Murray may be out for the season

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Murray may be out for the season
Not long-enough.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If we're not drafting in the top-two, this is my guy: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/527423/juraj-slafkovsky

I hope Dorion trades Paul, Sanford, Tierney, and J.Brown despite Ottawa's recent injury woes. I'm good with everyone else staying to play out the season. I don't want to hurt Belleville's chances of making the playoffs and we need roster players.

I also hope he's proactive and trades Connor Brown. I know it's an unpopular move around these parts but it would give the acquiring team two runs with him. I don't want to re-sign him as a 30 year old so it's best to move him now while his value is high.

What a mess. Dorion's job has to be on the line if they don't make the playoffs next year.

Edit: Apparently Sanderson got injured last night too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Paul wants north of $3M. No chance I'd sign him if that's what he wants.

If I'm Ottawa I'm packaging Paul and a 3rd to Minnesota for Jack McBain assuming there's a commitment from McBain to sign.

I am also not sure what his deal is but I noticed Victor Rask is playing in the minors for Minnesota. I suspect his salary is buried. I'd acquire him too - we need the bodies and it's a good audition for a vet center role. He's a UFA at the end of this year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so Chabot is likely out for the rest of the season.

Good opportunity to see what our youth can fare and I imagine Brannstrom gets more minutes.

Probably means we might lose a few more games than we normally would. At this point if we can finish in the bottom 5 that would be good in terms of getting a great player through the draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If we're not drafting in the top-two, this is my guy: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/527423/juraj-slafkovsky

I hope Dorion trades Paul, Sanford, Tierney, and J.Brown despite Ottawa's recent injury woes. I'm good with everyone else staying to play out the season. I don't want to hurt Belleville's chances of making the playoffs and we need roster players.

I also hope he's proactive and trades Connor Brown. I know it's an unpopular move around these parts but it would give the acquiring team two runs with him. I don't want to re-sign him as a 30 year old so it's best to move him now while his value is high.

What a mess. Dorion's job has to be on the line if they don't make the playoffs next year.

Edit: Apparently Sanderson got injured last night too.

you need guys like Brown around. especially if we aim to make the playoffs next year.

I think you could reasonably get him on a 3-4 year deal going forward which would bring him to 33-34. if he wants to stay.
I would gauge that interest this summer and try to work out a contract this summer. if he doesn't want to resign maybe you deal him this summer and fill his position. but I don't think it's wise to trade in him when we could possibly still have him for the next 4-5 years.
Guys like him are the guys you go into the playoffs with. Especially if we lose a guy like Paul this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get the argument but when's the last time we qualified a pending UFA before the deadline ? Trade him now IMO before we lose him for less. 

Chabot out for the season apparently

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Connor Brown is a must keep. He’s like Paul but scan actually produce offense and he’s a strong leader. I’d sign him the moment we can.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Paul was offered close to 3 mill for 4 years?

Yeah, if he doesn’t sign for that trade him. That’s already more than you want to give him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd give him 2 x $3M. If he wants more term it's for less money

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Nick Paul, but he's entirely replaceable. That said, there's something to be said for retaining guys that fit in...dunno if Paul is one of those guys, but I'd rather overpay a guy like him a little bit than hand out a contract like Murray's to a very questionable goalie or a very questionable forward (Colin White).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree. I'm good to move him and think they should. IMO this trade deadline is successful if we:

Trade: Sanford, Paul and Tierney
Trade one of: J. Brown or Mete
Colossal win: Move Zaitsev or bring in a top-six forward

If there's an offer for MDZ I'd take it but I think he's having a big impact in Belleville and I don't think we should be screwing around with players that will hurt Belleville's playoff push.

End the season with:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Stutzle-C.Brown
Ennis-White-Gaudette
Kelly-Gambrell-Watson

Brannstrom-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev (assuming he's not moving)
Heatherington-J.Brown

Top three pick would be nice.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think there's any way we're getting a top 6 forward now (Melnyk ain't payin that). What we need are two good defencemen. Maybe Jake Sanderson is one of em.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think there's any way we're getting a top 6 forward now (Melnyk ain't payin that).  What we need are two good defencemen.  Maybe Jake Sanderson is one of em.

They will get one this summer.

As for D, I think they’re pretty much set

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They're far from set on D. Step 1 is moving Zaitsev. Step 2 is figuing out what we have in Brannstrom. Step 3 is hoping Thomson is ready since JBD needs more time. Step 4 is praying Sanderson comes as advertised.

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're far from set on D. Step 1 is moving Zaitsev. Step 2 is figuing out what we have in Brannstrom. Step 3 is hoping Thomson is ready since JBD needs more time. Step 4 is praying Sanderson comes as advertised.

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden

Brannstrom is irrelevant to me. I don’t think they’ll make any moves on D. The future looks good there. Both Thomson and JBD could make the opening roster

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum