GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think there's any way we're getting a top 6 forward now (Melnyk ain't payin that).  What we need are two good defencemen.  Maybe Jake Sanderson is one of em.

They will get one this summer.

As for D, I think they’re pretty much set

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They're far from set on D. Step 1 is moving Zaitsev. Step 2 is figuing out what we have in Brannstrom. Step 3 is hoping Thomson is ready since JBD needs more time. Step 4 is praying Sanderson comes as advertised.

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're far from set on D. Step 1 is moving Zaitsev. Step 2 is figuing out what we have in Brannstrom. Step 3 is hoping Thomson is ready since JBD needs more time. Step 4 is praying Sanderson comes as advertised.

Chabot-Thomson
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Holden

Brannstrom is irrelevant to me. I don’t think they’ll make any moves on D. The future looks good there. Both Thomson and JBD could make the opening roster

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like JBD is a year away per Mann.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If our D is set, we're about 3 or 4 years from being a playoff team. It's currently atrocious.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:If our D is set, we're about 3 or 4 years from being a playoff team.  It's currently atrocious.

It will be that much better with Sanderson and another addition internally or externally

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sanderson is nothing but a prospect until he's proves otherwise

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sanderson is nothing but a prospect until he's proves otherwise

Hell have the same impact as Seider. He’s tht good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I hope. Anyway this Hamonic deal is terrible. I'm not sure Dorion watches hockey.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Were essentially paying more money for Josh Brown

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope. Anyway this Hamonic deal is terrible. I'm not sure Dorion watches hockey.

Yeah, how did WE have to pay that 3rd? I thought they’d be happy to have him off their books. I want Hamonic from 5 years ago.

Dorion making desperate moves because he doesn’t think he can land someone on the top 4.
The guy kept getting waived this year for Diddle sakes! And we paid a third?

I cnt remember which podcast was it that mentioned he should try moving Brannstrom with a pick for Boeser and taking back Tyler myers as Van is desperate for cap room.
That deal makes a lot of sense for us and for Vancouver.
Hamonic? You just did Van a favour and paid them for the favour. Dorion is a great drafter but that’s it. He’s not GM quality material and gets taken for rides constantly. WTF is McGuire doing Im all this?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope. Anyway this Hamonic deal is terrible. I'm not sure Dorion watches hockey.

Yeah, how did WE have to pay that 3rd? I thought they’d be happy to have him off their books. I want Hamonic from 5 years ago.

Dorion making desperate moves because he doesn’t think he can land someone on the top 4.

I cnt remember which podcast was it that mentioned he should try moving Brannstrom with a pick for Boeser and taking back Tyler myers as Van is desperate for cap room.
That deal makes a lot of sense for us and for Vancouver.
Hamonic? You just did Van a favour and paid them for the favour. Dorion is a great drafter but that’s it. He’s not GM quality material and gets taken for rides constantly. WTF is McGuire doing Im all this?

That move wouldn’t make much sense for Vancouver. The pick would need to be this years first.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great trade for Joseph. Paul isnt even a big upgrade

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Great trade for Joseph. Paul isnt even a big upgrade

I find it hard that this is the best trade they could have made. Did we really need a bottom 6 forward? Or could that need been filed internally or via FA.
I would have preferred a 2nd rounder that could have been used in a package.

I’m not fully knowledgeable on the player but this doesn’t look like a win for us. Pierre likes getting guys that have won in the playoffs but he barely played.

I think it’s time Dorion is showed the door.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Great trade for Joseph. Paul isnt even a big upgrade

I find it hard that this is the best trade they could have made. Did we really need a bottom 6 forward? Or could that need been filed internally or via FA.
I would have preferred a 2nd rounder that could have been used in a package.

I’m not fully knowledgeable on the player but this doesn’t look like a win for us. Pierre likes getting guys that have won in the playoffs but he barely played.

I think it’s time Dorion is showed the door.

It’s a win without question, better than a 2nd. We need actual players not more picks (and they got a 4th in this trade). Paul is a third/fourth liner who doesn’t have high value, so if he wasnt going to budge then this trade is the perfect alternative. We got a younger, faster player with virtually identical stats in much less ice time, who has more upside. He’ll fill a similar role as Paul at worst. He’s also an RFA at the end of the season. Also has played extensively with Chabot in his minor career. We need bottom six guys because most of the ones we have are moving on in a month. This is an obvious win.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's a win but he's another Formenton. Fast with no hands.  He better not be the RW top-sox forward Dorion was talking about getting. He's a third pair RW at best. Maybe Watson gets moved?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It's a win but he's another Formenton. Fast with no hands.  He better not be the RW top-sox forward Dorion was talking about getting. He's a third pair RW at best. Maybe Watson gets moved?
Nobody said he’s top six (yet). We need players like this to round out the lineup. Potentially to have Tierney, Paul, Sanford, ennis, gambrell all leaving

Not sure why Watson would move until next years deadline at least. He’s the perfect fourth liner

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Minnesota is interested. Bigger return if he gets traded now.

I'm assuming a quiet day tomorrow. MDZ and that's it. Maybe Sanford but the worst players on one of the worst teams ain't gonna fetch much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum