GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:LockedOnSens tweeted that a source says the Hamonic trade was the brainchild of the other Pierre, as a perfect mentor for Kleven.
that sounds like BS. They likely won’t every play on the same team or in the same city.

It’s a stupid move by an org that hasn’t been capable of managing a team.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And it’s not just the fans. Find me an analyst that thought this was the move we were supposed to make. A move that had to be made and at the right price.

Apparently he’s not a well liked player around the league either.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:And it’s not just the fans. Find me an analyst that thought this was the move we were supposed to make. A move that had to be made and at the right price.

Just like Craig Anderson was

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:And it’s not just the fans. Find me an analyst that thought this was the move we were supposed to make. A move that had to be made and at the right price.

Anderson had his detractors but there had been previous spells where he’d been good. There was a bigger body of work.
This is a bigger risk.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Travis Hamonic's advanced stats are horrendous. There's a reason he wasn't picked up by a playoff team. He was Vancouver's worst regular defenceman and it wasn't even close. He's the type of guy that a team should've been paid to take.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Travis Hamonic's advanced stats are horrendous.  There's a reason he wasn't picked up by a playoff team.  He was Vancouver's worst regular defenceman and it wasn't even close.  He's the type of guy that a team should've been paid to take.

The statement about playoff team isn’t accurate. Even if they wanted him, playoff teams would not add somebody like that with one year left on his contract. The sens traded Josh brown. Don’t kid yourself, teams will trade for hamonic next spring

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Travis Hamonic's advanced stats are horrendous.  There's a reason he wasn't picked up by a playoff team.  He was Vancouver's worst regular defenceman and it wasn't even close.  He's the type of guy that a team should've been paid to take.

The statement about playoff team isn’t accurate. Even if they wanted him, playoff teams would not add somebody like that with one year left on his contract. The sens traded Josh brown. Don’t kid yourself, teams will trade for hamonic next spring

We'll see. Hamonic's stats are truly horrendous.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's not just his stats. He wasn't liked in the locker room either. 

Ev, just admit it was a terrible trade. It's you, Canucks fans and Dorion versus every hockey insider, analytics person and hockey fan.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The dink on CTV morning news was even made a point this morning suggesting that it's a controversial trade.  

We want a 4th. I don't have a 4th. What about a 5th? Naw, we want a 4th. Okay, I'll give you a 3rd

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

On a positive note it sounds like Giroux is going to sign here thus summer.  Unless Dorion screws that up which he probably will

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"around the league" is very questionable. Methot said he heard he was a "different bird" which could mean anything. Later I saw "reports" saying how Vancouver players were happy he was gone. I find *that* hard to believe. Players rarely will do that -- have we heard Karlsson talk much about Mike Hoffman? On the other hand Capuano, who coached him for several years, says he's great. When he played on the Island he used to get kids who lost a parent to games and would spend some time with them after the game (Hamonic lost his father when he was young). Media types were quick to dunk on him but there are plenty of reasons players don't like to talk to writers and that usually does not make them very friendly.

Still an odd (and seemingly unnecessary) move but, hey, let's see where this goes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Anderson had his detractors but there had been previous spells where he’d been good. There was a bigger body of work.
This is a bigger risk.

Think he was talking about Andy not being well liked. Let's face it, Andy was a "different bird" as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It's not just his stats. He wasn't liked in the locker room either. 

Ev, just admit it was a terrible trade. It's you, Canucks fans and Dorion versus every hockey insider, analytics person and hockey fan.

I don’t watch hamonic or Canucks games, and neither does mostly every sens fan. I’m not judging his play. It’s only a bad trade if it doesn’t work out. Losing a third is nothing either way. I’ll judge him after next season. In any case they will get something back for him next deadline. Didn’t everyone say Reilly was a garbage trade too? Worked out great. They have unloaded every bad defrnseman for something every deadline.

At the end of the day, even if it turns out to be bad which is likely, you didn’t lose a lot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

This is a bigger risk.

Yes, and that reason was that he did not report to camp and it was widely speculated that it was because he was refusing to be vaccinated. Later, Green (his coach at the time) said that he had gotten his first shot and was about to get his second. At the time, though, getting a player making $3M who could only play against less than a quarter of the teams in the league was a huge reason for not picking him up for "free".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

This is a bigger risk.

Think he was talking about Andy not being well liked.  Let's face it, Andy was a "different bird" as well.

Yes exactly he even admitted he was an bunghole.

It’s funny that Sens fans care about a guys personality and dressing room stuff now yet always bash the team when they talk about character. Fandom in 2022 is so weird man. I don’t give a Dung who is friends with who, what they post on Twitter and Instagram, or who they went to dinner with. The on ice product is what matters

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:On a positive note it sounds like Giroux is going to sign here thus summer.  Unless Dorion screws that up which he probably will

If we don’t bring in one player of that quality, Dorion will likely be fired within the year. I’m still gonna call my shot and say Fiala and Giroux are gonna be added.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He was 4th among Vancouver D in time on ice per game. While that's not top-pairing it certainly does not wash with the statement that he was "Vancouver's worst regular defenceman and it wasn't even close."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

We'll see. Hamonic's stats are truly horrendous.  

He was +1 on a team that was -1. His on-ice even strength goals against was 8th on the team while his even strength time per game was 4th.

Look, I'm not saying he's the love child of Bobby Orr and Nik Lidstrom but most of your comments are completely unfounded. Let's see how he does when actually playing. I'm more than willing to form -- not change -- my opinion, then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum