GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So did he meet with him "last" night *and* planning to meet again the coming days? If yes, sounds like they have more than a good chance.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lloyd replied to say that the meeting "last night" was just a group text to set up the meeting "in the coming days".

Oh, and the Saturday game in Vancouver game has also been postponed (along with next Saturday's game in Winnipeg). Not sure why they are postponing a game more than a week away but I suspect it's because it's a Saturday night game?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Is this guy similar to Kaprizov? I don't know much about him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Apparently Price may be available as the Habs do a full tear-down.  $10.5M, can the Oilers make enough room?  I'll just look at next season (contracts coming off the cap):

Koskanen:  $4.5
Turris:        $1.65
Archibald:   $1.5
Russell:      $1.25
Stalock:     $0.785

Not quite $10.5M, also the last 3 are on LTIR so that's clearing LTIR relief and not cap space.  I'm not knowlegeable enough to figure this out.  But there's also Puljujärvi and Yamamoto at  $1.175 each.  

Anyhow, I think it would actually be doable with some salary going the other way.

I can see Price going to Seattle and Edmonton snagging Driedger or Grubauer. That said if Seattle wanted Price they would have brought him in through the expansion draft so I don't think they'll give up pieces to do it now. I think Montreal is going to have a really hard time moving him. Quite possibly one of the worst contracts in the NHL with all the term remaining.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Kuzmenko-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Greig-Watson

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Holden-Thomson

Murray
Gustavsson

Does this team make the playoffs?

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Is this guy similar to Kaprizov? I don't know much about him.
Well… they’re. Oth russian Shrug‍�

I doubt there’s a 40 goal scoring winger just sitting there in Russia Undrafted.

Sounds like a guy that could be top 6 or top 9

Free pick up is always great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Certainly not a "done deal" but it does appear the Sens have the inside track. Second in the league in scoring is not nothing, and he's 26 so should be somewhat mature (none of this "Filly don't do rebounds" BS). Would be great if he could play in the top-six with Stutzle -- just make sure you've got your best D-pairing backing them up and C. Brown or someone equally responsible on the other wing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Certainly not a "done deal" but it does appear the Sens have the inside track.  Second in the league in scoring is not nothing, and he's 26 so should be somewhat mature (none of this "Filly don't do rebounds" BS).  Would be great if he could play in the top-six with Stutzle -- just make sure you've got your best D-pairing backing them up and C. Brown or someone equally responsible on the other wing.

Nope. I want Giroux there

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why not both?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Will the Sens ever play another game?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Will the Sens ever play another game?

I've lost so much interest in the NHL over the last month or so...and I stopped paying attention to my hockey pool because it was too much work to try to stay on top of with cancelled games, COVID protocols, etc.

I'll tune in for the Sens if they start playing regularly again, but boy do I just not really care right now.

Bring on the NFL playoffs! I didn't realize they were now having 6 wildcard games.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Why not both?

Kuzmenko-Stutzle-Giroux is what I want to see

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

I've lost so much interest in the NHL over the last month or so...and I stopped paying attention to my hockey pool because it was too much work to try to stay on top of with cancelled games, COVID protocols, etc.  

I'll tune in for the Sens if they start playing regularly again, but boy do I just not really care right now.  

Bring on the NFL playoffs!  I didn't realize they were now having 6 wildcard games.

I agree. I'm over it.

Not sure if anyone here reads the Senschirp threads. Things have gotten bad in there without hockey.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Bring on the NFL playoffs!  I didn't realize they were now having 6 wildcard games.

I agree. I'm over it.

Not sure if anyone here reads the Senschirp threads. Things have gotten bad in there without hockey.
Nope. I always found the threads there painful to read but senschirp doesn’t really ever contribute much in term of articles that bring anything else to the table.
With so many podcasts available, the necessity to go read blogs has diminished quite a bit.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I agree. I'm over it.

Nope. I always found the threads there painful to read but senschirp doesn’t really ever contribute much in term of articles that bring anything else to the table.
With so many podcasts available, the necessity to go read blogs has diminished quite a bit.

I think people like thinking they have a voice. It's the same 8-10 posters posting nonsense. Everyone in there has become virologists and there's a lot of vaccine/anti-vaccine hate.

I also agree that Senschirp provides zero insight. He's essentially a pre and post-game poster with a garbage podcast. Also makes ad revenue on clicks so I am sure he's loving all the stupidity in his chatroom which is why he hasn't moderated it whatsoever.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haven’t used his chat but I like Senschirp overall. One of the few bloggers who sees the forest through the trees.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Haven’t used his chat but I like Senschirp overall. One of the few bloggers who sees the forest through the trees.

I dunno. Not a lot of unique thoughts come from him or his followers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So does Sanderson sign with Sens after the Olympics? Seems like there isn't a lot of runway left for home at UND ince the Olympics are over. Would be nice to get him in the lineup in March

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum