GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haven’t used his chat but I like Senschirp overall. One of the few bloggers who sees the forest through the trees.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Haven’t used his chat but I like Senschirp overall. One of the few bloggers who sees the forest through the trees.

I dunno. Not a lot of unique thoughts come from him or his followers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So does Sanderson sign with Sens after the Olympics? Seems like there isn't a lot of runway left for home at UND ince the Olympics are over. Would be nice to get him in the lineup in March

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So does Sanderson sign with Sens after the Olympics? Seems like there isn't a lot of runway left for home at UND ince the Olympics are over. Would be nice to get him in the lineup in March

I think that could be a fair assumption.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think he sticks around for the playoffs. Top 10 in NCAA rankings and if they don't slip too far while Sanderson is gone they have a legit chance of paying at least in the Regional round. Frozen Four may not be in the cards this year.

He also is a likely Hobey Baker finalist and has a good chance at the award. I don't think he'll jump into the NHL early.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think he sticks around for the playoffs. Top 10 in NCAA rankings and if they don't slip too far while Sanderson is gone they have a legit chance of paying at least in the Regional round. Frozen Four may not be in the cards this year.

He also is a likely Hobey Baker finalist and has a good chance at the award. I don't think he'll jump into the NHL early.

Why risk injury at this point?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Since the Sens have not been playing, I've lost interest. I use to watch all sorts of different teams play, just enjoyed watching hockey. Let's hope with the Sens starting to play games again I may want to watch more. There will be plenty of games to watch, they have a bunch to make up and are scheduled for 14 in March and 15 games in April.

If they can go on a hot streak and win lots of games I believe the interest will come back. However, I've yet to see anything from them this year that makes me believe they can go on a run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:I think he sticks around for the playoffs. Top 10 in NCAA rankings and if they don't slip too far while Sanderson is gone they have a legit chance of paying at least in the Regional round. Frozen Four may not be in the cards this year.

To get the championship and the Hobie Baker award. Plus you think a 19 year old thinks of injuries?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

To get the championship and the Hobie Baker award.  Plus you think a 19 year old thinks of injuries?

They don't have a championship caliber team and I don't think he cares to win a Hobie Baker? Anyway - just my opinion. I'd sign that deal and get to the NHL ASAP post Olympics. He could have 20-30 games at the NHL level with all the scheduling delays in Ottawa after the Olympics. Far more important to him, his career and his wallet than a handful of games at the NCAA level.

Curious if anyone knows Pinto's recovery timeline. I know Crookshank is training with Colin White in Ottawa and White is supposed to be back sometime in March. Is Pinto around the same time? Would be nice for them to get a few games too especially if White is going to be a buyout candidate. We'll need bodies post trade deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Good thing J. Brown and Sabourin are in the lineup tonight Facepalm

This is a game I won't be watching. I've officially lost interest in Sens hockey

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Good thing J. Brown and Sabourin are in the lineup tonight Facepalm

This is a game I won't be watching. I've officially lost interest in Sens hockey

If that’s the reason you won’t watch that’s pretty sad man

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

To get the championship and the Hobie Baker award.  Plus you think a 19 year old thinks of injuries?

They don't have a championship caliber team and I don't think he cares to win a Hobie Baker? Anyway - just my opinion. I'd sign that deal and get to the NHL ASAP post Olympics. He could have 20-30 games at the NHL level with all the scheduling delays in Ottawa after the Olympics. Far more important to him, his career and his wallet than a handful of games at the NCAA level.

Curious if anyone knows Pinto's recovery timeline. I know Crookshank is training with Colin White in Ottawa and White is supposed to be back sometime in March. Is Pinto around the same time? Would be nice for them to get a few games too especially if White is going to be a buyout candidate. We'll need bodies post trade deadline.

They can certainly win the NCHC. Also leaving your team is hard.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Good thing J. Brown and Sabourin are in the lineup tonight Facepalm

For me it's the 9:30 start time.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

I don't want to stay up late to watch Josh Brown, Sabourin, Matt Murray and the majority of this roster. I'd rather be sleeping or doing just about anything else

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

You're in luck, it's a 9:00pm start time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

You're in luck, it's a 9:00pm start time.

I actually ended up watching the whole thing. Started from the start but when the game was in the intermission live. Caught up to live with about 10 to go in the game. Murray was good. Paul with a nice move on his second. Coleman should get a call from DoPS for that chicken wing on Zub. But, of course, he won't. Why didn't Sabourin leave his fists (and head) packed away until that time, when it was actually needed? Any news on either of them?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sabourin dislocated his finger "fighting" Lucic. Why would he agree to the fight when they are up 2-0, especially against a heavyweight? Stupid. Has Stutzle got the results of his second test? If he tests negative he can play tomorrow against the Oilers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sabourin's finger looks gnarly. A pretty pointless injury IMO.

I watched some of the game. Very happy for Matt Murray. He got run into and I thought "here we go again" but he stayed in and was excellent. JBD and Brannstrom were excellent - Brann's puck-moving is definitely something this team needs on a full-time basis. Josh Brown continues to be a plug. I saw him miss several d to d passes with minimal pressure and make bad plays behind the net. Hopefully he's out of here sooner than later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum