GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

1/3 of the roster (7 players) now in CP.

#BringBackBubble

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Correction, *8* players.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He called Zaitsev "elite". That's not on Dorion. He refused to try Brannstrom on his (reportedly preferred) off side. That's not on Dorion. Least year he repeatedly trotted out slow vets while Zub was scratched. That was not on Dorion.

Pretty much all coaches will play left D on the left.

DJ has done a great job - far too early to say anything is on him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've never understood the left-side/right-side debate.

If you're a dman skating backwards into your zone on your offside, your stick position in theory would be towards the center of the ice making it harder to split the defense. In theory you would use your body to trap the forward between the player and boards. It also makes for shorter passes between d-men and puts you in a better position for getting shots through in the offensive zone. If you're retrieving the puck you'll be on your forehand when scooping pucks up from along the boards and on your forehand if you want to shoot the puck from the boards behind the net to the other d-man or out of the zone. It also means the dman's back isnt exposed on the forecheck. I get that being a LHD on the left-side makes zone clearances along the boards a little easier since you're on your forehand but the dump out of the zone rarely leads to a good breakout chance so you may as well be on your backhand anyway.

To me I think the logic of LHD on left and RHD on right is flawed. When I played growing up a I was a RHD on the left which made it way easier to protect the front of the net, pass to my partner, and break out of the zone. I guess it's a preference thing. I also preferred playing on the left wing as a right-hand shot since it allowed me to attack the center of the ice better.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So the game got cancelled?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So the game got cancelled?

No

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev makes it 9. Thomson on the top pairing. Heatherington on the bottom. Gus is gonna see some rubber.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lassi goal incoming

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Thomson and Heatherington looks pretty damn good

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Del Zotto on the other hand. Guy needs to be put on waivers the second there are healthy bodies back

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Del Zotto on the other hand. Guy needs to be put on waivers the second there are healthy bodies back

He won’t be. He’s been fine.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ideally I’d send Stuetzle to the AHL if we had a healthy lineup

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Ideally I’d send Stuetzle to the AHL if we had a healthy lineup

I don't know what you've been watching but he's easily our best forward. He can't buy a goal but he creates offense every time he's on the ice. Hit the cross bar late. He's frustrated and I don't a demotion to the AHL helps him or the team at all.

Thomson and Heatherington were great. Small sample size but Thomson could easily play on our bottom pair. He played over 22 minutes tonight!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I don't know what you've been watching but he's easily our best forward. He can't buy a goal but he creates offense every time he's on the ice. Hit the cross bar late. He's frustrated and I don't a demotion to the AHL helps him or the team at all.

Thomson and Heatherington were great. Small sample size but Thomson could easily play on our bottom pair. He played over 22 minutes tonight!

I don’t agree with that at all. He is the flashiest but He is not close to our best forward yet. He does create offense but doesn’t shoot the puck enough and isn’t strong on his skates yet. Batherson, Tkachuk and Norris are our top 3 forwards without question right now. Stutzle will get there but he’s still very raw.

Thomson was great. An example of a guy who people dismissed because he didn’t knock the door down after his draft. It’s all about patience. Not all prospects develop the same

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

9 players in Covid Protocol and then we lose our #2D in the 1st period. Gutsy effort but at this gutsy efforts like this get us a better lottery seed. Which wouldn't be the worst thing possible. The latest callups are all emergency ones so as soon as the regulars clear the Covid Protocol they are back in the lineup and we are back to losing in less-gutsy fashion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Brady and the boys need to take Jimmy Stu across the bridge and get in one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

I don’t agree with that at all. He is the flashiest but He is not close to our best forward yet. He does create offense but doesn’t shoot the puck enough and isn’t strong on his skates yet. Batherson, Tkachuk and Norris are our top 3 forwards without question right now. Stutzle will get there but he’s still very raw.

Thomson was great. An example of a guy who people dismissed because he didn’t knock the door down after his draft. It’s all about patience. Not all prospects develop the same

There was a play where he had the puck near the offensive zone blue line with a defender draped all over him. He almost went down but kept control of the puck and recovered. A week ago he would have flopped to the ice (there should have been a holding call regardless). I think he's had a talk and we should see less falling and more skating.

Interestingly, saw a tweet yesterday which showed his defensive numbers have gotten much better recently. He's not scoring but he's also not being a defensive liability.

Paul and C. Brown "lead" the team with -7 each. I know, "useless stat" but I still find it odd.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

For once, I agree with this.

I don’t see that it would be a demotion but sent to the Ahl he could learn what it is to dominate.

It terms of domination hes seen what it is in germany but only as far as comparable skill.
He hasn’t been in a league where he can dominate poin wise. That comes with a certain level of confidence.
The problem is he wouldn’t be well surrounded in Belleville and would likely be in a situation to have to feed his li mates.
And sending him down wouldnt help this team right now. He is, rightfully so, perceived as a legitimate threat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum