GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be okay with them trading JBD over Brann. Brann has too much offensive upside and you can shelter his minutes on the bottom pairing with someone defensively minded. JBD is good but doesn't bring anything unique to the table.

I'd like the Sens to sign Giroux to a three year deal. If they can pick up Kuzmenko it would make for a pretty amazing second line with Stutzle. This would inevitably move formenton pinto and brown to L3 which is where all three should be. This leaves paul, Watson, bishop, gambrell, shaw, kastelic and a few others fighting for l4 spots.

Paul is replaceable and I'd buyout white freeing money to bring in Giroux and extend norris

I also share your interest in Giroux but it will depend on who else is available. Giroux will be 35 next year and it’s hard to guess how those next years are going to wear on him. Slow or fast decline? Hard to tell from this year’s production.

Im not gonna put money on Kuzmenko just yet. Apparently every team is interested in him. Sure he’s almost a shoe in to make the team but other teams can probably say the same thing. Plus, until he gets here I’m gonna hold off on thinking he’s a legit top 6 guy. Many Russians didn’t make the jump that well.  

But it would be great to have an offensively  gifted third line.

I'm totally content with the Formenton-Stutzle duo and would be equally happy seeing Sokolov, Greig, or someone else play on the RW if we don't bring in Kuzmenko or Giroux. I think DJ needs to accept that Stutzle has to play with someone who can keep up with him speed and skill wise. C. Brown and Nick Paul experiment next to Stutzle isn't working, and I don't think Colin White fits in there either. Part of me thinks we should be contacting NYR for Kravtsov though I am scared of what the asking price would be. Giroux is a nice option in that he can be acquired for free and he knows how to put the puck in the net.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Formenton doesn't have the hands for top six. If we get Kuzmenko the top six will be nearly set. And bottom six will be better with Formenton. Remains to be seen whether Pinto will play. I could see him really helping Stützle with his defensive play and better faceoff stats.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Very true. He could play RW o L2 and we can always keep Ahite to play 3C. I'd prefer to buy White out but that could certainly be an option until Greig is ready

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So Colin White is skating with a contact jersey on today ? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So Colin White is skating with a contact jersey on today ? Sarcasm

Doubt it. Smith said "he's not close" so I think this is just him skating some drills. He's been skating (by himself) for a couple of weeks, at least; Pinto, by comparison, is still a month away from being allowed on the ice.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be okay with them trading JBD over Brann. Brann has too much offensive upside and you can shelter his minutes on the bottom pairing with someone defensively minded. JBD is good but doesn't bring anything unique to the table.

I'd like the Sens to sign Giroux to a three year deal. If they can pick up Kuzmenko it would make for a pretty amazing second line with Stutzle. This would inevitably move formenton pinto and brown to L3 which is where all three should be. This leaves paul, Watson, bishop, gambrell, shaw, kastelic and a few others fighting for l4 spots.

Paul is replaceable and I'd buyout white freeing money to bring in Giroux and extend norris

I also share your interest in Giroux but it will depend on who else is available. Giroux will be 35 next year and it’s hard to guess how those next years are going to wear on him. Slow or fast decline? Hard to tell from this year’s production.

Im not gonna put money on Kuzmenko just yet. Apparently every team is interested in him. Sure he’s almost a shoe in to make the team but other teams can probably say the same thing. Plus, until he gets here I’m gonna hold off on thinking he’s a legit top 6 guy. Many Russians didn’t make the jump that well.  

But it would be great to have an offensively  gifted third line.

I'm totally content with the Formenton-Stutzle duo and would be equally happy seeing Sokolov, Greig, or someone else play on the RW if we don't bring in Kuzmenko or Giroux. I think DJ needs to accept that Stutzle has to play with someone who can keep up with him speed and skill wise. C. Brown and Nick Paul experiment next to Stutzle isn't working, and I don't think Colin White fits in there either. Part of me thinks we should be contacting NYR for Kravtsov though I am scared of what the asking price would be. Giroux is a nice option in that he can be acquired for free and he knows how to put the puck in the net.
Well Sokolov isn’t exactly speedy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Really need to stop playing Josh Brown

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Alright Watson or Brown. Go end Dell's night and earn your paycheque

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kinda crazy game from the Ennis gaudette line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, Norris goes to the ASG?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like a high ankle sprain for Batherson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, that sucks for Batherson. Hope Dell lands a nice suspension. He's having a hearing today.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can’t see it being more than 1 game

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dell gets 3 games.

Tkachuk is replacing Batherson at the ASG.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Can’t see it being more than 1 game

With the injury and Batherson being out "months", it had to be more than 1 I guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I like the Holden signing. He'll be great playing alongside Sanderson, Zub or Brannstrom. Blue line is going to be a little crowded though with JBD and Thomson being close to NHL ready. Wonder if the Sens try to move on from Zaotsev in the offseason

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My guess is 4-6 weeks for batherson. Crazy how in the nfl these guys are only out a game or two with ankle sprains. Dalvin Cook only missed one week!

Maybe they accelerate Colin White's return to sometime next week. In the mean time Gaudette and Ennis may get top-six looks. I wouldn't mind Sokolov or Jarventie getting a look also.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A *high* ankle sprain is never a week. "Months" is not unusual, and sometimes it takes months or longer for the player to get back to 100%. Anderson couldn't go post-to-post after he got Kreidered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum