GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:People just need to understand that this is how the Tkachuks are going to operate, and it isn't all the Sens' fault that he's not signed yet.  The people that say "just back up the truck" are out of their minds.

It's pretty dumb. I think 8M is fair, and he should take that regardless of bonuses/structure. Not sure why he would be paid more. Even all the guys on TSN Toronto were saying just take that deal.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it’s interested that what I worked in to a long term deal that would be issues would be bonuses and NTC and if the sens and Tkachuk wanted to make things work they would both have to bend on those things.

If Tkachuk wants a long term deal with bonuses then he’s gonna have to be laxed about the amount of team he can’t get traded with.
There’s just no way that they want to be locked to Tkachuk and if he asked to get traded he cn dictate the team he can get traded to.

If the sens want that sort of security, they’re gonna have to allow for some bonuses so that Tkachuk can guarantee himself some pay security in case of a lockout and escrow bite back.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now that Dorion has declared the rebuild "over", it'd be great to see Tkachuk just locked up long term, even if it is a bit of an overpayment in the short-term.  Maybe he takes $8.5M for 8 years if there is limited bonus cash and a limited NMC.  I dunno...I'd love to see another long-term commitment, instead of finding ourselves in a Mark Stone situation in three or four more years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Now that Dorion has declared the rebuild "over", it'd be great to see Tkachuk just locked up long term, even if it is a bit of an overpayment in the short-term.  Maybe he takes $8.5M for 8 years if there is limited bonus cash and a limited NMC.  I dunno...I'd love to see another long-term commitment, instead of finding ourselves in a Mark Stone situation in three or four more years.

Completely agree.

Plus it will do wonders for the team as they try and acquire FA going forward to know that the core is locked up and heading towards being a top team with deep playoffs aspirations

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I agree too. Sounds like they agree on salary and term. Issue is the structure. I'm sure tkachuk wants money up front and a signing bonus. Probably a nmc too. Just get we done

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It just sucks that this whole situation going into training camp was entirely predictable. Like it was a foregone conclusion Brady wouldn't have a deal done by now....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Matthew signed on the 24th; Keith held out until the 25th. Brady will probably sign $8.4M x 8 on Sunday.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Matthew signed on the 24th; Keith held out until the 25th.  Brady will probably sign $8.4M x 8 on Sunday.

That’s a ridiculous AAV

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Seen in a couple places allegedly Brady and his agent are in Ottawa though not actual confirmation from reliable sources

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens traded L Brown and a conditional 4th to the blues for Zach Sanford

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finally

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zach Sanford actually isn't bad, but probably not a player we really need at this point. Great to move on from Logan though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Zach Sanford actually isn't bad, but probably not a player we really need at this point.  Great to move on from Logan though.

He’s an NHL player who isn’t gonna spend his career on LTIR so that’s not bad. I’m not super familiar with Sanford TBH but I’ll be interested to learn more.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Tierney-Brown
Sanford-White-Paul
Formenton-Pinto-Watson

Chabot-Zub
MDZ-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Holden

Murray

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Matthew signed on the 24th; Keith held out until the 25th.  Brady will probably sign $8.4M x 8 on Sunday.

That’s a ridiculous AAV

How so? Face of the franchise, important leader on and off the ice, sells tickets and jerseys, fan favorite. Chabot signed 8x8 2 years ago. The pandemic is not seen as a re-set but a bump (big one, sure) in the road. New media deals will raise HRR which will raise the cap significantly over the 8 year span. Plus we know from past experience that the Sens will offer higher back-end-loaded contracts versus signing bonuses. Look at Chabot's contract. Similar thing (offset by 2 years) here, with modest increase this season and next, then going up once the escrow drops to normal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Tierney-Brown
Sanford-White-Paul
Formenton-Pinto-Watson

Chabot-Zub
MDZ-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Holden

Murray

Certainly a far cry from what we'll see tonight in Winnipeg.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

That’s a ridiculous AAV

How so?  Face of the franchise, important leader on and off the ice, sells tickets and jerseys, fan favorite. Chabot signed 8x8 2 years ago. The pandemic is not seen as a re-set but a bump (big one, sure) in the road.  New media deals will raise HRR which will raise the cap significantly over the 8 year span. Plus we know from past experience that the Sens will offer higher back-end-loaded contracts versus signing bonuses.  Look at Chabot's contract.  Similar thing (offset by 2 years) here, with modest increase this season and next, then going up once the escrow drops to normal.

I think 8x8 is enough, and the max they should do. If he doesn’t want that right now, sign him for the 2 or 3 years and negotiate again in a couple of years. Chabot is the best player on the team. I don’t think you to over his AAV. They also shouldn’t have to give out much in signing bonuses considering the stars who just signed with very little in bonus money. 8 million should already be considered an overpay to offset any bonus money

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stuetzle-Tierney-Brown
Sanford-White-Paul
Formenton-Pinto-Watson

Chabot-Zub
MDZ-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Holden

Murray

Certainly a far cry from what we'll see tonight in Winnipeg.

Is it televised?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 59 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum