GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There were rumors he wanted out but nothing reputable. And I am not sure it was him really wanting out versus him not being happy with his teammates.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

He certainly not happy. There were reports that some in the room were not on his side. It's a mess she I wouldn't be surprised if he at least thought of asking for a trade.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Thing is, the term is not the problem.

Thing is, we don't know what the problem is, and I'd be willing to bet that there are multiple problems.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Thing is, we don't know what the problem is, and I'd be willing to bet that there are multiple problems.

It's been reported by several insiders that the issue appears to be bonus structure and NMCs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It's been reported by several insiders that the issue appears to be bonus structure and NMCs.

I doubt NMC is an issue unless they want a full one (they shouldn't get that).

We also don't even know what;s being offered for bonuses on either side

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I won't be negative but I hope pinto gets a chance to play between stutzle and Brown

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope pinto ends up the 2C eventually, but if the coach wants to see Tierney there to start, they’ll do that without taking preseason into consideration

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I doubt NMC is an issue unless they want a full one (they shouldn't get that).

We also don't even know what;s being offered for bonuses on either side

Of course we don't know, but we have past history pretty much confirming that Melnyk has a strong aversion to bonuses, all of the insiders have come out saying this was the issue, along with NMC. That last part was not something that is supported by recent history (Chabot, Murray).

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I hope pinto ends up the 2C eventually, but if the coach wants to see Tierney there to start, they’ll do that without taking preseason into consideration

I suppose. But it's like tying an anchor to Stutzle's leg. He needs to be with someone who thinks the game the same way and can keep up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Compromise would be 5 years and honestly it’s not the worst idea if we can get a lower cap hit. Gives Tkackuk some leverage in becoming UFA earlier but allows some flexibility down the line to sign Stutzle, Norris, Pinto ( and Sanderson). Can’t see Melnyk spending bonus money after Chabot didn’t get any

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should be able to get a good baseline once we see Quinn Hughes’ contract to see what he got for bonuses etc

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Garrioch tweeted that he doesn't think bonus structure is the issue. Garrioch is basically the team's "Mouth of Melnyk" so to me that means they are OK to give him at east *some* up-front bonus. Could be that *they* think it's enough but Brady's side don't agree. Who knows. But the latest RFAs signing for under $8M puts the ball back in the Tkachuk court -- assuming previous reports of an $8 x 8 were not pure speculation.

Git 'er done FFS!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Garrioch tweeted that he doesn't think bonus structure is the issue.  Garrioch is basically the team's "Mouth of Melnyk" so to me that means they are OK to give him at east *some* up-front bonus.  Could be that *they* think it's enough but Brady's side don't agree.  Who knows.  But the latest RFAs signing for under $8M puts the ball back in the Tkachuk court -- assuming previous reports of an $8 x 8 were not pure speculation.

Git 'er done FFS!

Im gonna say it’s done early next week for 5 years

SensHulk likes this post

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I’m semi hoping that Chabot will be named captain. I think Tkachuk’s family has been dragging this knowing full well that he would be captain, this would take away almost all the leverage they have in the negotiations. Sucks for Brady but you know the same Dung we have to Logan Brown having his dad in his ear, I’m surprised more ppl aren’t talking about Brady letting his family dictate everything.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensHulk wrote:I’m semi hoping that Chabot will be named captain. I think Tkachuk’s family has been dragging this knowing full well that he would be captain, this would take away almost all the leverage they have in the negotiations. Sucks for Brady but you know the same Dung we have to Logan Brown having his dad in his ear, I’m surprised more ppl aren’t talking about Brady letting his family dictate everything.

Agreed. I think Brady would have signed long ago if it weren’t for his agents and family. At the end of the day I think nobody will care once he signs. I still have a good feeling it will be at least 5 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

More cuts today including JBD Greig Thomson and Sokolov. Thomson has really impressed IMO. He’ll be an nhler for sure, plays a North American style with offense and defense

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:More cuts today including JBD Greig Thomson and Sokolov. Thomson has really impressed IMO. He’ll be an nhler for sure, plays a North American style with offense and defense

Yeah, I think all those guys you mention will be NHLers.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So a huge hypothetical here. Or a "What If" type of situation.

Formenton-Norris-Batherson continue their excellent play tonight and it becomes evident that these three players should at least start the year together. Do we see a top-six situation where:

a) Pinto is your 2C with Tkachuk and Stutzle on the wings; or
b) They try Stutzle at C flanked by Tkachuk and White/C.Brown

Formenton-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-C.Brown
Sanford-Pinto-Paul
Watson-Tierney-White

That's a pretty nasty top-nine and a pretty effective 4th line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum