GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sokolov was MIA in the first game, scores 2 in the second. Should we be worried that they were up 4-0 and had to hang on to a 4-3 win? Merilainen let in all 3 in the third but I have no idea if any of them were his "fault" or if our defensive play was poor. Given the lack of talent on the Montreal side these two games really should not have been close.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sokolov was MIA in the first game, scores 2 in the second.  Should we be worried that they were up 4-0 and had to hang on to a 4-3 win?  Merilainen let in all 3 in the third but I have no idea if any of them were his "fault" or if our defensive play was poor.  Given the lack of talent on the Montreal side these two games really should not have been close.

No, I don't think we should be worried at all by the results of any of these games. A lot of guys look pretty good, and that's all I need to take from the rookie tourney.

Also, despite all of Garrioch's article assuring everyone that talks are progressing with Brady (and maybe they are), looks like camp will start without him.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Merilainen played the first and Mandolese was in goal in the last two.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another high end RFA player signs with no bonus money. Tkachuks agents don’t have much ground to stand on the

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Apparently Merilainen played the first and Mandolese was in goal in the last two.

Mando played 1 and 3, Merailainen played 3 and let in three goals

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Another high end RFA player signs with no bonus money. Tkachuks agents don’t have much ground to stand on the

Ya but two players today signed five year deals. Not what we want to see. I guess kaprizov is older so there's logi there but if tkachuk signs a 5 year deal that's pretty much worst case scenario for us

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Another high end RFA player signs with no bonus money. Tkachuks agents don’t have much ground to stand on the

Ya but two players today signed five year deals. Not what we want to see. I guess kaprizov is older so there's logi there but if tkachuk signs a 5 year deal that's pretty much worst case scenario for us

5 would be fine with me. You’re getting the players best years . I don’t see it happening though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nope. I was right the first time. Merilainen let in 3 in the third.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

they also brought him right to FA/ no UFA years

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

5 would be fine with me. You’re getting the players best years . I don’t see it happening though

that's ridiculous. he walks after that contract. he'll have plenty of good years left. you don't draft guys just to bring them to FA when they're franchise guys.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

that's ridiculous. he walks after that contract. he'll have plenty of good years left. you don't draft guys just to bring them to FA when they're franchise guys.

How is that ridiculous? Do you realize a much better player in Toronto signed for 5 years? 5 is much better than 3 or 4. 5 doesn’t mean he would walk either.

If they can’t get 8 years then 5 is a good compromise

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Friedman reporting that signing bonuses/NMC in the later years of the deal could be things holding it up right now with Brady.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

How is that ridiculous? Do you realize a much better player in Toronto signed for 5 years? 5 is much better than 3 or 4. 5 doesn’t mean he would walk either.

yes and that 5 year contract will come back to bite them if he doesn't resign.
it's about team control.
and I don't know why you would even compare Toronto and Ottawa in terms of being able to resign players or attracting players to the org.

it's either Bridge or long term.

And with Friedman reporting Bonuses are an issue... I wonder who was talking about that on this forum a few days ago...Thinking

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="Flo The Action"]
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

yes and that 5 year contract will come back to bite them if he doesn't resign.
it's about team control.
and I don't know why you would even compare Toronto and Ottawa in terms of being able to resign players or attracting players to the org.

it's either Bridge or long term.

And with Friedman reporting Bonuses are an issue... I wonder who was talking about that on this forum a few days ago...Thinking  [/quote
]

He should get max like 3/4 million in bonus money. He isn’t entitled to more.

5 years is long term still. That’s a long time. They should be cup contenders in that window

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People just need to understand that this is how the Tkachuks are going to operate, and it isn't all the Sens' fault that he's not signed yet. The people that say "just back up the truck" are out of their minds.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:People just need to understand that this is how the Tkachuks are going to operate, and it isn't all the Sens' fault that he's not signed yet.  The people that say "just back up the truck" are out of their minds.

It's pretty dumb. I think 8M is fair, and he should take that regardless of bonuses/structure. Not sure why he would be paid more. Even all the guys on TSN Toronto were saying just take that deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it’s interested that what I worked in to a long term deal that would be issues would be bonuses and NTC and if the sens and Tkachuk wanted to make things work they would both have to bend on those things.

If Tkachuk wants a long term deal with bonuses then he’s gonna have to be laxed about the amount of team he can’t get traded with.
There’s just no way that they want to be locked to Tkachuk and if he asked to get traded he cn dictate the team he can get traded to.

If the sens want that sort of security, they’re gonna have to allow for some bonuses so that Tkachuk can guarantee himself some pay security in case of a lockout and escrow bite back.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now that Dorion has declared the rebuild "over", it'd be great to see Tkachuk just locked up long term, even if it is a bit of an overpayment in the short-term.  Maybe he takes $8.5M for 8 years if there is limited bonus cash and a limited NMC.  I dunno...I'd love to see another long-term commitment, instead of finding ourselves in a Mark Stone situation in three or four more years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum