GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is just another example of how ownership finance hurts this team.
The whole league is doing bonuses and we won’t

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:This is just another example of how ownership finance hurts this team.

What does this have to do with the tkachuk contract given we have no information about it? Our best player didn’t get any bonuses by the way, and Svechnikov in CAR barely got any

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Logan brown signed to one year 2 way contract.

If I’m correct tho he requires waivers to go down so it might as well be a one way. If he gets waived, he’s getting picked up

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:This is just another example of how ownership finance hurts this team.

What does this have to do with the tkachuk contract given we have no information about it? Our best player didn’t get any bonuses by the way, and Svechnikov in CAR barely got any

Because we well know this IS an issue.

Some big names took the contract they negotiated but for some others it is an issue. Especially with how escrow might work for the next couple of years this is even more an issue right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Some big names took the contract they negotiated but for some others it is an issue. Especially with how escrow might work for the next couple of years this is even more an issue right now.

We don’t know. That’s the point. And no, it’s actually less of an issue now. Cale Makar got $1M in signing bonuses just a month or so ago. It’s becoming less common.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

We don’t know. That’s the point. And no, it’s actually less of an issue now. Cale Makar got $1M in signing bonuses just a month or so ago. It’s becoming less common.

It’s still very popular. Especially in highly sought UFAs. It’s not a competitive attitude to have to not have any signing bonuses in an org as other orgs use them.
If it’s the difference between making a player want to stay long term with an organization and not then it’s stupid not to utilize these tools.
It’s a long way to go before the next CBA where they might due away with some of these clauses.

Flo The Action likes this post

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Smoke screen imo. Escrow is high this year and next so players want to backload the contracts. But that means high QOs at the end. So long term or bridge deal they'll never sign.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Players and their agents are greedy bast*rds, the lot of them. No better than the worst of the owners.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Logan Brown finally signed. Two-way, one-year, zero-cares. Would be nice if he finally "got it" but the best we can hope for is he shows enough for some GM to want to take a chance and maybe we'll get a 3rd. Shame. We could surely use a 6'5" center with skill.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Logan Brown finally signed. Two-way, one-year, zero-cares. Would be nice if he finally "got it" but the best we can hope for is he shows enough for some GM to want to take a chance and maybe we'll get a 3rd. Shame. We could surely use a 6'5" center with skill.

I don’t know that he will.
His issues are health and lack of motor.
He just doesn’t show enough jam out there to be successful in the NHL.
Is probably better suited for the play in Europe. Which is where I imagine he will wind up eventually

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Garrioch reporting on a daily basis that the Sens are working on a contract with Brady is hilarious.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tyler Ennis on a PTO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Tyler Ennis on a PTO.

I always liked that little man. Hopefully he earns a spot somewhere if it's not here. He was a 0.5ppg player when he was here and his advanced stats were really good as well. He's one vet I don't mind bringing on.

Realistically, how many spots are open for a kid to step up and take?

Forwards: Batherson, White, Brown, Tierney, Watson, Paul, Norris, Stutzle, Pinto, Formenton, Tkachuk...am I missing someone here who has a spot? That would leave one starting roster spot up for grabs, which could be Ennis.... And then I guess they'll carry at least one extra forward.

Defense: Chabot, Zaitsev, Zub, MDZ, Holden, J Brown, Mete, Brannstrom…ain't no one else gonna get any serious playing time outside these 8.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Tyler Ennis on a PTO.

I always liked that little man.  Hopefully he earns a spot somewhere if it's not here. He was a 0.5ppg player when he was here and his advanced stats were really good as well.  He's one vet I don't mind bringing on.

Realistically, how many spots are open for a kid to step up and take?

Forwards:  Batherson, White, Brown, Tierney, Watson, Paul, Norris, Stutzle, Pinto, Formenton, Tkachuk...am I missing someone here who has a spot?  That would leave one starting roster spot up for grabs, which could be Ennis....  And then I guess they'll carry at least one extra forward.

Defense: Chabot, Zaitsev, Zub, MDZ, Holden, J Brown, Mete, Brannstrom…ain't no one else gonna get any serious playing time outside these 8.  

Logan Brown.
Unless he’s traded before then.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sokolov and Pinto looking good together in a rookie game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sokolov was MIA in the first game, scores 2 in the second. Should we be worried that they were up 4-0 and had to hang on to a 4-3 win? Merilainen let in all 3 in the third but I have no idea if any of them were his "fault" or if our defensive play was poor. Given the lack of talent on the Montreal side these two games really should not have been close.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sokolov was MIA in the first game, scores 2 in the second.  Should we be worried that they were up 4-0 and had to hang on to a 4-3 win?  Merilainen let in all 3 in the third but I have no idea if any of them were his "fault" or if our defensive play was poor.  Given the lack of talent on the Montreal side these two games really should not have been close.

No, I don't think we should be worried at all by the results of any of these games. A lot of guys look pretty good, and that's all I need to take from the rookie tourney.

Also, despite all of Garrioch's article assuring everyone that talks are progressing with Brady (and maybe they are), looks like camp will start without him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Merilainen played the first and Mandolese was in goal in the last two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum