GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Fingers crossed for an imminent Brady-signing although Garrioch said Melnyk being in town has nothing to do with a Brady signing, and replied to some twitter guy who asked if Brady would sign today with a "probably not".  

This weird media battle between Bruce and Simmer is just really dumb, and apparently there are zero other media members that know anything about what's going on.  And if you assume Simmer is a little nuts, and that Bruce is just a mouth-piece, there are actually zero "insiders" giving us any legit info.  And then we're back to good old fashioned "Brady is getting on an airplane", "Eugene is in town", etc....  Just wake me up when a contract is signed.

What about Elliotte Friedman? While he didn't come out and say it it sounded like his "sources" were someone other than Garrioch. According to his report if things didn't get done hammering out an 8 year extension that they would switch to working on a shorter term deal. Based on what he said (3 days ago, I believe) this is where things are now. Melnyk being in town likely doesn't have much to do with Brady, at least not directly (otherwise he would have gone to St. Louis -- I doubt Melnyk would have much interest in talking to Brady's car). On the other hand he may very well want to talk to Dorion, directly. There's little hope, at this point, of a long-term deal being done but, possibly, he may want to hear from the horse's mouth what the sticking points are (likely bonus clauses, salary escalation, etc.)

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Fingers crossed for an imminent Brady-signing although Garrioch said Melnyk being in town has nothing to do with a Brady signing, and replied to some twitter guy who asked if Brady would sign today with a "probably not".  

This weird media battle between Bruce and Simmer is just really dumb, and apparently there are zero other media members that know anything about what's going on.  And if you assume Simmer is a little nuts, and that Bruce is just a mouth-piece, there are actually zero "insiders" giving us any legit info.  And then we're back to good old fashioned "Brady is getting on an airplane", "Eugene is in town", etc....  Just wake me up when a contract is signed.

What about Elliotte Friedman? While he didn't come out and say it it sounded like his "sources" were someone other than Garrioch. According to his report if things didn't get done hammering out an 8 year extension that they would switch to working on a shorter term deal.  Based on what he said (3 days ago, I believe) this is where things are now.  Melnyk being in town likely doesn't have much to do with Brady, at least not directly (otherwise he would have gone to St. Louis -- I doubt Melnyk would have much interest in talking to Brady's car).  On the other hand he may very well want to talk to Dorion, directly.  There's little hope, at this point, of a long-term deal being done but, possibly, he may want to hear from the horse's mouth what the sticking points are (likely bonus clauses, salary escalation, etc.)

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Habs/Sens rookie game tomorrow will be live-streamed on the #Sens YouTube channel. The Habs camp roster includes 11 players on tryouts. Many of their top prospects are playing in the NCAA and can't be in camp. It *should* be a cake walk for the Sens rookies. That said, players on tryout invites are typically older and eager to prove themselves so it could be a little rough.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

What about Elliotte Friedman? While he didn't come out and say it it sounded like his "sources" were someone other than Garrioch. According to his report if things didn't get done hammering out an 8 year extension that they would switch to working on a shorter term deal.  Based on what he said (3 days ago, I believe) this is where things are now.  Melnyk being in town likely doesn't have much to do with Brady, at least not directly (otherwise he would have gone to St. Louis -- I doubt Melnyk would have much interest in talking to Brady's car).  On the other hand he may very well want to talk to Dorion, directly.  There's little hope, at this point, of a long-term deal being done but, possibly, he may want to hear from the horse's mouth what the sticking points are (likely bonus clauses, salary escalation, etc.)

Based on what? We have zero clue.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Based on what Friedman said. Late last week he heard from sources that they were trying for an 8 year extension but, if that was not done they would shift to a shorter deal this week. We are now at the end of "this week" and there has been no hint of an imminent signing. Getting him signed in time for camp is the priority.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zack Smith announces his retirement.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Based on what Friedman said. Late last week he heard from sources that they were trying for an 8 year extension but, if that was not done they would shift to a shorter deal this week.  We are now at the end of "this week" and there has been no hint of an imminent signing. Getting him signed in time for camp is the priority.

There’s nothing to suggest we need to sign him by camp. He’s skating on his own. He doesn’t need a long camp. Everything is up in the air. Mikko Rantanen held out a few years back and signed a 6 year deal

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/snapshots-talks-with-brady-tkachuk-may-be-moving-towards-a-resolution-with-one-week-until-the-senators-hit-the-ice

Highly respected TSN play-by-play broadcaster Gord Miller, who calls a large portion of the Ottawa games, was on (Mitch) Melnick in the Afternoon Tuesday on TSN 690 in Montreal and indicated the two sides are inching closer to a resolution.

Asked by co-host Mitch Gallo where talks were at with several restricted free agents, Miller indicated Tkachuk and the Senators are ahead of the others around the league who are trying to get young players signed in the same situation.

“Quinn Hughes in Vancouver is going to be a really interesting case and (Elias) Pettersson,” Miller told the station. “I think Tkachuk will get done in Ottawa pretty quickly. From what I understand, they’re getting close to getting something done there.”

Miller indicated he thought it would be a long-term deal, but didn’t get into length or term. His point in the discussion was that the Senators and Tkachuk’s camp are working hard to get a contract in place that both sides are satisfied with.

It’s believed the Senators have tabled an offer of an eight-year deal worth $8 million per season and there have been several talks between the two sides that are continuing. Dorion has often stated that a deal can be done with one phone call and there’s still time for both sides to find common ground.

Caveat: This was from 3 days ago.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Yeah, Elliotte blabbered on about it without actually providing any information. Saying "they are trying to work out a long term deal but will do a bridge deal if it doesn't work out" is zero new information. This is the case for every good RFA known to man. No one has even said what the sticking points are.

The little bit we've heard so far is that maybe $8M x 8 years was offered.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know I said I wouldn’t give Melnyk any more of my money and that works all well and good if I just continue only seeing games in montreal but god damn… If Tkachuk agrees to an 8 year deal with the C, that new black Tkachuk jersey would be such a great troll job every time I go see a game in montreal or in the bars. Laugh1

Not to mention that I’d love that new Jersey.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently he's moving from St. Louis to Michigan and is skating with the US National Development Team. So he's super close to the border and can join the Sens within hours.

I wonder if Brown stayed in St. Louis?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Apparently he's moving from St. Louis to Michigan and is skating with the US National Development Team. So he's super close to the border and can join the Sens within hours.

I wonder if Brown stayed in St. Louis?

Love this gossip lol.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lol. Yeah I heard it on the radio as I was out driving

TSN 1200 were a bunch of dung holes yesterday. They said "A player, who plays for a local sports team, in red, white, and black, has just agreed to a three-year deal". I was obviously thinking they were referring to Brady... but they were talking about the new QB the Redblacks signed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matthew Tkachuk said yesterday that Brady's not close on a contract. Take that for what you will.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Matthew Tkachuk said yesterday that Brady's not close on a contract. Take that for what you will.

That’s definitely another message that the team is spinning.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is just another example of how ownership finance hurts this team.
The whole league is doing bonuses and we won’t

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:This is just another example of how ownership finance hurts this team.
The whole league is doing bonuses and we won’t

What does this have to do with the tkachuk contract given we have no information about it? Our best player didn’t get any bonuses by the way, and Svechnikov in CAR barely got any

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Logan brown signed to one year 2 way contract.

If I’m correct tho he requires waivers to go down so it might as well be a one way. If he gets waived, he’s getting picked up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum