GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Keep in mind Simmer was wrong about Brown being traded too. And agents are slimy. Could all be a ploy.  I trust nothing

Simmer is an idiot and an attention whore. He was right about one thing, the stepan trade

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He will be signed. If this is dragged out I expect this will be the last straw and the fan base won't support tbr franchise anymore

I don’t think so given we have zero information on what either side wants or what either side has tabled. It would only be a potential issue in a few years if he gets a bridge.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They could very well be waiting for tkachuk to arrive on ottawa, sign a contract, and announce him as captain at a press conference. Much more powerful doing that in person.  

Simmer just stirring the pot imo

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They could very well be waiting for tkachuk to arrive on ottawa,  sign a contract, and announce him as captain at a press conference. Much more powerful doing that in person.  

Simmer just stirring the pot imo

I admire your optimism. I certainly don't think that's the case though.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson signs a 6 year dear 4.975 per year. I like this deal for the sens

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah. It's a good deal for both sides. Exactly what I thought he should be getting. Virtually the same as Farabee

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great deal for the Sens, love it. Could easily become a perennial 30 goal guy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah that is a great deal. I actually feel bad a little for Batherson as he'll be worth a lot more in a short time.

the deal is super backloaded though. starting at 2.5m this season, 3.5 next then 5.4 for 2 and then 6.5.
with escrow supposed to be high in the next two years this works well for the player to get more from this contract than the AVV would have given him.
nice work by the agent.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All eyes on Tkachuk now.

I simply think this is the org playing a waiting game with the player/agent to see if they can get Tkachuk on a long term deal. all sign point to the bridge though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That’s an outstanding deal for Batherson. Even if he doesn’t improve at all he’s pretty much worth that. I have issues with his inconsistency and not sure about his upside because of it, but this is totally fair

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:All eyes on Tkachuk now.

I simply think this is the org playing a waiting game with the player/agent to see if they can get Tkachuk on a long term deal. all sign point to the bridge though.

Chabot, white, batherson signed for 6+ years. They're going to lock up Sanderson, norris and Stutzle when their times come. Why are signs pointing to a bridge ?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Chabot, white, batherson signed for 6+ years. They're going to lock up Sanderson, norris and Stutzle when their times come. Why are signs pointing to a bridge ?

because he hasn't signed to what has been rumoured was offered by the sens and those were long term deals?

whatever the reasons are, he would rather not lock himself up to this team long term and is betting on himself to make more money doing so.

either he does not want to commit past any UFA years so he can(if he wants to) cash in when the time comes(whether its here or elsewhere) or he wants the team that the team has the right commitment to winning.

whatever it is, I'm not sure how the team can prove to him that they're committed to winning without showing it in the next 3 years. nothing they can do at this moment short of pulling off a massive trade for a definite #1C and top RD. both of those not likely to happen in the best of cases before the season is underway and then some.

so yeah. Bridge deal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

because he hasn't signed to what has been rumoured was offered by the sens and those were long term deals?

whatever the reasons are, he would rather not lock himself up to this team long term and is betting on himself to make more money doing so.

either he does not want to commit past any UFA years so he can(if he wants to) cash in when the time comes(whether its here or elsewhere) or he wants the team that the team has the right commitment to winning.

whatever it is, I'm not sure how the team can prove to him that they're committed to winning without showing it in the next 3 years. nothing they can do at this moment short of pulling off a massive trade for a definite #1C and top RD. both of those not likely to happen in the best of cases before the season is underway and then some.

so yeah. Bridge deal.

Nothing has been rumoured though. Nobody knows what either side has offered.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My point exactly. He's signing for 8 years. They'll lock up norris next year and with pinto, stutzle, jbd and Sanderson there's your core. You add one more piece and you'll be competing for a long time

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Elliott Friedman Says he believes the sense offered Brady an 8x8 similar to Chabot

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Like I said they're probably waiting for him to get to town , announce the deal, and announce captaincy

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Simmer tweets that he's been told Brady won't come to Ottawa without a deal in place. LalimesMartian tweets that a buddy who works at the airport broke some rules and searched reservations by name, saying that Brady is on his way to town early "next week" (i.e. right about now). Simmer then blocks LalimesMartian. Talk about think skin. The two "rumours" are not even mutually exclusive. Maybe a deal *is* in place (at least agreed on -- the actual signing should be capture for posterity, what with Brady wearing a 2-D jersey with the 'C' on it).

I predict we hear something today. Or nothing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't believe anything SImmer ever says, but I also don't beleive anything accounts like "Lalime's Martian" say either. So I believe nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum