GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 53 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Like I said they're probably waiting for him to get to town , announce the deal, and announce captaincy

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So Simmer tweets that he's been told Brady won't come to Ottawa without a deal in place. LalimesMartian tweets that a buddy who works at the airport broke some rules and searched reservations by name, saying that Brady is on his way to town early "next week" (i.e. right about now). Simmer then blocks LalimesMartian. Talk about think skin. The two "rumours" are not even mutually exclusive. Maybe a deal *is* in place (at least agreed on -- the actual signing should be capture for posterity, what with Brady wearing a 2-D jersey with the 'C' on it).

I predict we hear something today. Or nothing.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't believe anything SImmer ever says, but I also don't beleive anything accounts like "Lalime's Martian" say either. So I believe nothing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

The sensinsider is another one to avoid. They complain about people picking on Bruce Garrioch then demean anyone who disagrees with what Bruce says

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm thinking something is announced Wednesday. This gives Brady a day to get into town, drop off his bags, blah blah blah. It will be announced through a Twitter picture of Brady signing a contract with a C on his chest with the two Pierres and DJ behind him. A Zoom media availability will follow with Brady, DJ and Dorion. Maguire fields post-presser questions and an exclusive on TSN 1200.

Logan Brown gets traded first week of training camp to Arizona with a 3rd rd pick for Christian Fischer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-White-Brown
Formenton-Paul-Fischer
Greig-Tierney-Watson
Extra: Kelly

I think they give the 10 day tryout to Greig who has nothing left to prove in the WHL but will ultimately be returned because the Sens have depth and want Greig to be more than a 4th line winger.

- Pinto is the first call-up if White struggles but it won't be within the first 15 games.
- Kelly replaces Greig as LW 4 at the 15 game mark (10 games + a few healthy scratces)
- Sokolov is the first call-up if there is an injured winger in the top-nine.
- Bishop or Kastelic eventually replace Tierney

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Dorion has signed an extension apparently?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3 year extention at that. With an optionyear They didn’t have to go 3years unless Melnyk was really happy with him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One Pierre is relieved, the other probably less so. I wonder if Tkachuk's camp were less open to negotiating with a lame-duck GM?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like that they're keeping Dorion. He's done a good job despite the 20,000 pound anchor that is Melnyk.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is a deal announced with Tkachuk this week. I'm more inclined to believe that the negotiations will run into training camp. I hope I'm wrong though!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:One Pierre is relieved, the other probably less so. I wonder if Tkachuk's camp were less open to negotiating with a lame-duck GM?

I dunno. PM can point his finger at PD when something goes wrong. I doubt he's upset about PD being extended. He gets paid the same anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I like that they're keeping Dorion.  He's done a good job despite the 20,000 pound anchor that is Melnyk.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is a deal announced with Tkachuk this week.  I'm more inclined to believe that the negotiations will run into training camp.  I hope I'm wrong though!

I think today is the day. With PD extended what's Melnyk going to do if they overpay Tkachuk a bit, fire him? Melnyk wouldn't have extended PD if he thought he was doing a bad job. Clearly there is a deal close or he's digging his feet in and Melnyk is happy.

- Sign Tkachuk
- Trade Brown / move a body on the blueline / move Tierney

Successful off-season

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I like that they're keeping Dorion.  He's done a good job despite the 20,000 pound anchor that is Melnyk.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if there is a deal announced with Tkachuk this week.  I'm more inclined to believe that the negotiations will run into training camp.  I hope I'm wrong though!

I think today is the day. With PD extended what's Melnyk going to do if they overpay Tkachuk a bit, fire him? Melnyk wouldn't have extended PD if he thought he was doing a bad job. Clearly there is a deal close or he's digging his feet in and Melnyk is happy.

- Sign Tkachuk
- Trade Brown / move a body on the blueline / move Tierney

Successful off-season

There’s no way Dorion even writes a contract without Melnyk ok’ing it. Everything goes through Melnyk before it’s oked in this org.

I don’t think anything gets done today.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Per Scanlan, Brady's vehicle has arrived in Ottawa Ahhhhh!

Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Per Scanlan, Brady's vehicle has arrived in Ottawa Ahhhhh!

Facepalm

This is just sad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Simmer sure is an bunghole for somebody who was preaching about mental health a few months ago

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Simmer blocked me when I called him out for posting a clearly "borrowed" lunar eclipse picture as his own. It wasn't even the same eclipse as the moon was well over 30 degrees up, and the time of the eclipse in Ottawa was just minutes after sunrise. I called shenanigans and he blocked me.

That said, he is clearly showing signs of someone who is *not* in great mental health state. So his posts about it were clearly legit. Can't be upset with him because he's clearly struggling with something.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Simmer blocked me when I called him out for posting a clearly "borrowed" lunar eclipse picture as his own. It wasn't even the same eclipse as the moon was well over 30 degrees up, and the time of the eclipse in Ottawa was just minutes after sunrise. I called shenanigans and he blocked me.

That said, he is clearly showing signs of someone who is *not* in great mental health state. So his posts about it were clearly legit. Can't be upset with him because he's clearly struggling with something.

I wasn’t implying he isn’t. I think he should relax and think about what he said about mental health and treating others. It’s a bit hypocritical

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 53 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum