GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Never posted on hockeybuzz. What did I miss?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Never posted on hockeybuzz. What did I miss?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

On another note, you might find it suprising but many of the original people on this site came from the hockeybuzz comment section. There was a migration of sorts in 08

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:

On another note, you might find it suprising but many of the original people on this site came from the hockeybuzz comment section. There was a migration of sorts in 08

That's how I got here. I never posted or returned to Hockeybuzz.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think Mark Christopher was a writer there and a contributor here . I think I've seen SSF on senshirp. He used to be on here. This is the only place I post. I won't let myself get sucked into the stupidity of Sens twitter and senschirp. Even senschirp himself hasn't been great for a while now. I find his write-ups as nothing more than a public opinion piece. He knows nothing from an organizational perspective and just regurgitates his opinion based on what he reads. I guess that's why I've enjoyed Kevin Francis. He has me believing that he does have some insider knowledge. He hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise... yet

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Also just a feeling but I sense a Batherson signing announcement coming today

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yep. I too was a refugee from Hockeybuzz back in the good ol' days. Props to Eklund for somehow making that thing viable for so long.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yep.  I too was a refugee from Hockeybuzz back in the good ol' days.  Props to Eklund for somehow making that thing viable for so long.  

I mean that site really was one of the first hockey blogs on the internet. He probably secured some very cheap web space and is making enough through click revenues and site visits. Then he's got the premium user revenue which really costs him nothing and probably generates a fair amount of money for him. He's got a good little thing going. I think he should can all the rumor nonsense and just focus on doing podcasts with good guest speakers (ie his sub-bloggers) or doing op-ed pieces. This whole E4, E5 nonsense gives the web site such a poor reputation.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yep.  I too was a refugee from Hockeybuzz back in the good ol' days.  Props to Eklund for somehow making that thing viable for so long.  

I mean that site really was one of the first hockey blogs on the internet. He probably secured some very cheap web space and is making enough through click revenues and site visits. Then he's got the premium user revenue which really costs him nothing and probably generates a fair amount of money for him. He's got a good little thing going. I think he should can all the rumor nonsense and just focus on doing podcasts with good guest speakers (ie his sub-bloggers) or doing op-ed pieces. This whole E4, E5 nonsense gives the web site such a poor reputation.  

Except the whole E4, E5 stuff is what made it successful in the first place. I don't see it changing.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

For sure. But when you're batting 0% you should maybe start pivoting

Except the whole E4, E5 stuff is what made it successful in the first place.  I don't see it changing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shawn Simpson "reporting" that Brady and his camp are "frustrated" with the Sens and the lack of progress on a new contract. Allegedly, the Sens haven't tabled a real offer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Shawn Simpson "reporting" that Brady and his camp are "frustrated" with the Sens and the lack of progress on a new contract.  Allegedly, the Sens haven't tabled a real offer.

He also reported that the 67s were pushing to sign Tyler Boucher then a day later they all said that’s false lol. Simmer is not a good source for anything.

Doesn’t really matter either way. Worst case he’ll be signed for three years

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Shawn Simpson "reporting" that Brady and his camp are "frustrated" with the Sens and the lack of progress on a new contract.  Allegedly, the Sens haven't tabled a real offer.

He also reported that the 67s were pushing to sign Tyler Boucher then a day later they all said that’s false lol. Simmer is not a good source for anything.

Simmer is sometimes right, but yeah, sometimes just likes to hear himself talk. Can't really listen to Garrioch anymore since he's just a mouthpiece for the Sens, so there's not really a good go-to for actual news.

I think we all understand the Tkachuks to play some amount of hard-ball in negotiations, and we know the Sens are hesitant to spend money...so I think at this point it's reasonable to expect Brady won't be signed by training camp.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He will be signed. If this is dragged out I expect this will be the last straw and the fan base won't support tbr franchise anymore

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Keep in mind Simmer was wrong about Brown being traded too. And agents are slimy. Could all be a ploy. I trust nothing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Simmer is sometimes right, but yeah, sometimes just likes to hear himself talk.  Can't really listen to Garrioch anymore since he's just a mouthpiece for the Sens, so there's not really a good go-to for actual news.  

I think we all understand the Tkachuks to play some amount of hard-ball in negotiations, and we know the Sens are hesitant to spend money...so I think at this point it's reasonable to expect Brady won't be signed by training camp.

I disagree I think he’ll be signed by camp for sure. Even if what summer said is true which I doubt, it would likely just be something to speed up the process

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Keep in mind Simmer was wrong about Brown being traded too. And agents are slimy. Could all be a ploy.  I trust nothing

Simmer is an idiot and an attention whore. He was right about one thing, the stepan trade

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He will be signed. If this is dragged out I expect this will be the last straw and the fan base won't support tbr franchise anymore

I don’t think so given we have zero information on what either side wants or what either side has tabled. It would only be a potential issue in a few years if he gets a bridge.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They could very well be waiting for tkachuk to arrive on ottawa, sign a contract, and announce him as captain at a press conference. Much more powerful doing that in person.  

Simmer just stirring the pot imo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum