GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:I'd totally do a trade for an extended Seth Jones. Marner and his cap hit is a hard no.

Don't think Jones would sign here.

For Marner, the cap hit would be mostly irrelevant for the Sens. Leafs would pay his $9,608,000 signing bonus on July 1. So then he would be owed $24,800,000 over four seasons, which is an average of $6.2 million per year. The issue would be that it is mostly all in signing bonuses. However if you move Dadonov (without considering other pieces) as part of the deal, that's $11,500,000 going out the door, which would mean the net salary addition by bringing in Marner would only be $13,300,000 or $3,325,000 per year. Maybe Murray could be moved instead/as well. He played three seasons under Dubas in Soo.

He has shown to not be the best playoff guy, but in the regular season he'd be what we need. A playmaker with superstar offensive ability. And his remaining salary cost would be much less than a player of his caliber should make.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I want nothing to do with any high-paid players that can't perform in the playoffs. NOTHING.

Hey that Mark Stone guy is really good, maybe we can get him from Vegas.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I want nothing to do with any high-paid players that can't perform in the playoffs.  NOTHING.

Hey that Mark Stone guy is really good, maybe we can get him from Vegas.

Funny cause he wasn’t very good for us in any playoffs. And hasn’t been great this year

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Microfracture.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Microfracture.

He didn’t have a micro fracture in 2017. He wasn’t as good then as he is now but it’s strange he had such an underwhelming performance. Can’t remember anything he did

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He never had underwhelming playoff performances, although yeah, the one year we had that run in 2017 he didn't do a ton. If you look at his performances the past couple years with Vegas he's been fantastic in the playoffs, so let's not pretend like he isn't a stud.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:He never had underwhelming playoff performances, although yeah, the one year we had that run in 2017 he didn't do a ton.  If you look at his performances the past couple years with Vegas he's been fantastic in the playoffs, so let's not pretend like he isn't a stud.

So you agree 2017 was very underwhelming for him

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He never had underwhelming playoff performances, although yeah, the one year we had that run in 2017 he didn't do a ton.  If you look at his performances the past couple years with Vegas he's been fantastic in the playoffs, so let's not pretend like he isn't a stud.

I’d have to go back and watch the games but are you sure he underwhelmed or is it just his scoring stats that just don’t stand out?
Mark stone was the takeaway king in ottawa. I find it hard to suppose that he didn’t play a huge part in our success

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

I’d have to go back and watch the games but are you sure he underwhelmed or is it just his scoring stats that just don’t stand out?
Mark stone was the takeaway king in ottawa. I find it hard to suppose that he didn’t play a huge part in our success

I was a huge Stone fan. I was at every single game. He didn’t make a huge impact, not nearly as much as he does now offensively, and he wasn’t a top three forward during that run. He’s a great player and has been way better in the playoffs for Vegas aside from this year. As he should be because he’s making a lot more money compared to what he was getting then. Just saying, he was never a huge impact guy for us in either playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

No, I do not agree that 2017 was "very underwhelming" for him, that's an erroneous statement.  He was around .5ppg I believe and his advanced stats were quite good.  You'd have to go back and look at who he was playing with as well.

Anyway, not sure why we're discussing this, the guy is fantastic and we would obviously all take him back here in a heartbeat.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

No, I do not agree that 2017 was "very underwhelming" for him, that's an erroneous statement.  He was around .5ppg I believe and his advanced stats were quite good.  You'd have to go back and look at who he was playing with as well.

Anyway, not sure why we're discussing this, the guy is fantastic and we would obviously all take him back here in a heartbeat.

His 2017 playoff scoring pace was 34 points over 82 games. That’s not nearly good enough. He would have been way better if we made the playoffs the following year or in 2019.

The point we were discussing was you saying we need playoff players so we should get stone, but we already had him and he didn’t perform at the time. And I know you were just being sarcastic, but still.

And yeah I’d take him back but not sure about that contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would take him back in a heartbeat at that contract. Stone is currently a playoff stud, so his performance 4 years ago in the playoffs (which was fine at the time) is irrelevant.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of current Sens, three of them are through to the semis. Brown assisted on the late tying goal against Russia and Paul was on the ice in the 3-on-3 OT when Bread Eater scored the winner. That assist by Stecher was something else!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brown assisting on Mangiapane's 2 goals puts both of them in the tournament lead (Brown for points, bread eater for goals). Keep in mind that Mangiapane missed the first three games of the tournament, all of which Canada lost. 0-3 start and now they are going for Gold.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So who do we want at #10. If he's there I think I'd take MacTavish. I think this is the year we trade our pick though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So who do we want at #10. If he's there I think I'd take MacTavish. I think this is the year we trade our pick though

I’ve done a little reading on Mctavish too. Late riser, seems to be a guy that could be a too 6 C.
For where we draft it seems like it would be a good pick.

Im all for trading this pick also though. Especially if we can package it for a young top line C. I have a hard time believing that can happen and if it does it better not be a brassard “top line C”

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A lot of people have us picking Wallstedt and although he’s a good prospect I find it hard to believe we can fill that need internally, by trade or FA without using a top 10 pick.
In the last decade it’s been showed again and again that goalies become vailable all too often via trade or FA. And they rarely cost a 1st to acquire.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

With another 2 assists Connor Brown will finish as the leading scorer in the tournament

Edit make that 3 and Paul scores his first of the tourney for Canada to win gold in OT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum