GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I head this draft is a bunch of perimeter centers, not true nhl centers, that will eventually play the wing. Svechko may be the exception at the pick 10 and beyond range. I personally like coronnato which fits the need for a high scoring RW

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah. I'm for it. Picks 10-15 are all the same for me. Cossa Lucius Corronato Sillinger Lysell imo. I'd be okay with any of those guys if it means Strome comes with it

Many many more options than those guys as well. The draft is totally up in the air

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
wprager wrote:Jeff Brown replied to Simmer saying he's being irresponsible "reporting" this.

And has also deleted the tweet. Can't seem to find it in response to simmer anymore. Maybe some one needs to delete Jeff Brown's twitter

He didn't just delete his tweet, he deleted his whole account. @jeffrbrown21 is no more.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nick Paul taking #21 pretty much confirms Simmer's take. Farewell, Logan.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I saw that too. I suspect he'll be out of here tonight or tomorrow. I guess it depends on how quickly Seattle announces and trades their picks.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw that too. I suspect he'll be out of here tonight or tomorrow. I guess it depends on how quickly Seattle announces and trades their picks.

I am not sure how it works so I could be wrong but there is a roster freeze on until Thursday. Does that exclude trades with Seattle?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Simmer could learn not to quote-tweet reply every single thing on Twitter, that'd be great. I'd unfollow him, but every now and then he says something interesting!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Garrioch reporting that the Kraken might take Dadonov or Tierney to trade them elsewhere.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I saw that too. I suspect he'll be out of here tonight or tomorrow. I guess it depends on how quickly Seattle announces and trades their picks.

I am not sure how it works so I could be wrong but there is a roster freeze on until Thursday. Does that exclude trades with Seattle?

I didn't think so - I thought for sure that you could still wheel and deal with them but I could be wrong. How else would the deals happen to protect players on the exposed list unless they are all revealed tomorrow?

I think Seattle take Tierney and flips him for a pick. I really thought they'd take Daccord but the reality is he's our 4th string goalie coming off of a serious injury. There are probably a lot of other AHL goalies they can snag or trade for. Not sure Daccord is worth taking when you can take Tierney or Dadonov and flip them for a pick or prospect.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like the Kraken are taking Driedger, Vanecek, and DACCORD as their goalies.

Dung.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Meh. I liked Joey a lot but he is our 4th string goalie and by the time the Murray contract is done, Gus will be 100% ready as will Sogaard. Can also add a goalie via trade or UFA. Not that upset about the pick.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Best case as far as our roster goes

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Meh. I liked Joey a lot but he is our 4th string goalie and by the time the Murray contract is done, Gus will be 100% ready as will Sogaard. Can also add a goalie via trade or UFA. Not that upset about the pick.

Yeah, just sucks to lose a good goalie prospect for nothing......but that's the way the expansion cookie crumbles.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Best case as far as our roster goes

Well best case probably would have been tierney. But I agree it’s the second best case scenario. We have plenty of goalie prospects coming up and might have another great one by the end of this draft.

I’m happy we kept Dadonov as I think he’s going to have a bounce back season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Meh. I liked Joey a lot but he is our 4th string goalie and by the time the Murray contract is done, Gus will be 100% ready as will Sogaard. Can also add a goalie via trade or UFA. Not that upset about the pick.

Yeah, just sucks to lose a good goalie prospect for nothing......but that's the way the expansion cookie crumbles.

Don't get me started on the Sens losing prospects for nothing haha. Even Dreidger was ours once... Anyway, very real possibility we draft Wallstedt or Cossa now. Also, yesterday's Jeff Brown/Simmer exchange was too weird.

I recall seeing that the speculated Brown trade had something to do with someone Seattle is selecting. No clue who it would be. A lot of weird selections meaning probably a lot of side deals

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Best case as far as our roster goes

Well best case probably would have been tierney. But I agree it’s the second best case scenario. We have plenty of goalie prospects coming up and might have another great one by the end of this draft.

I’m happy we kept Dadonov as I think he’s going to have a bounce back season.

I'm good with this too. He deserves to be around for at least another year. If he can play with someone who can get him the puck he'll be much more effective.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So apparently the sens are gonna now try to move Tierney and Dadonov?

Tierney yes, Dadonov? I mean, if you can get a return then why not. But I certainly hope they aren’t going to do something stupid and actually pay a price to move him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, Ottawa Senators PR man Bruce Garrioch reporting that they are going to try to move Tierney and Dadonov before next season.

I'm not sure why.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum