GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seravalli writes on the expansion draft for Ottawa.

Dont know that I agree with him. I’d rather keep Dadonov than Tierney.
Same for Daccord over gus.

OTTAWA SENATORS
Protection Scheme: 7/3/1
Forwards (7)
Drake Batherson
Connor Brown
Logan Brown
Nick Paul
Chris Tierney
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Defence (3)
Thomas Chabot
Victor Mete (RFA)
Nikita Zaitsev
Goaltender (1)
Filip Gustavsson
Potentially Exposed Players
F Evgeni Dadonov
F Austin Watson
D Josh Brown
G Joey Daccord
G Matt Murray
Talking Points
Embedded Image
Joey Daccord could be left exposed for Seattle.
- The Senators are easily Canada’s most protected team heading into the Expansion Draft. Almost all of GM Pierre Dorion’s prized prospects (Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Erik Brannstrom and Shane Pinto chief among them) are exempt from selection.
- There is a decision to make in goal: Gustavsson or Daccord? Gustavsson’s pedigree would seem to make him the leading candidate to protect.
- Re-signing Mete would make him or Josh Brown interchangeable as Ottawa’s exposure requirement on defence.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lots of debate to be had between protecting Gus or Daccord. I would love to see what other goalies will be available to Seattle.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:Seravalli writes on the expansion draft for Ottawa.

OTTAWA SENATORS
Forwards (7)
Drake Batherson
Connor Brown
Logan Brown
Nick Paul
Chris Tierney
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Defence (3)
Thomas Chabot
Victor Mete (RFA)
Nikita Zaitsev
Goaltender (1)
Filip Gustavsson
F Evgeni Dadonov
F Austin Watson
D Josh Brown
G Joey Daccord
G Matt Murra
Talking Points
Embedded Image
- The Senators are easily Canada’s most protected team heading into the Expansion Draft. Almost all of GM Pierre Dorion’s prized prospects (Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris, Erik Brannstrom and Shane Pinto chief among them) are exempt from selection.
- There is a decision to make in goal: Gustavsson or Daccord? Gustavsson’s pedigree would seem to make him the leading candidate to protect.
- Re-signing Mete would make him or Josh Brown interchangeable as Ottawa’s exposure requirement on defence.

The last possible date for the Stanley Cup to be awarded is July 15th. The NHL is aiming for an October 12th start. Everything is pushed back and the expansion draft protection list is not due to the Kraken until July 17th, we have lots of time to debate. I'd rather keep D'accord over Gus but in the end I think Seattle doesn't take any of our goalies. I'd like to hold on to Mete as well.

With the Sens last game on May 12th it'll be a long 2+ months before things get interesting for them.

Kraken expansion draft is July 21st, the draft starts on July 23rd and free agency is July 28th.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OTTAWA SENATORS
Forwards (7)
Drake Batherson
Connor Brown
Logan Brown
Nick Paul
Chris Tierney
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Defence (3)
Thomas Chabot
Victor Mete (RFA)
Nikita Zaitsev
Goaltender (1)
Filip Gustavsson
F Evgeni Dadonov
F Austin Watson
D Josh Brown
G Joey Daccord
G Matt Murray
Talking Points
Embedded Image

Where the bleep is Zub???!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

OTTAWA SENATORS
Forwards (7)
Drake Batherson
Connor Brown
Logan Brown
Nick Paul
Chris Tierney
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Defence (3)
Thomas Chabot
Victor Mete (RFA)
Nikita Zaitsev
Goaltender (1)
Filip Gustavsson
F Evgeni Dadonov
F Austin Watson
D Josh Brown
G Joey Daccord
G Matt Murray
Talking Points
Embedded Image

Where the bleep is Zub???!  

I don’t think he’s been around long enough that he needs to be protected. I think the same thing with Logan Brown but I’m not sure how that works with being injured.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

OTTAWA SENATORS
Forwards (7)
Drake Batherson
Connor Brown
Logan Brown
Nick Paul
Chris Tierney
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Defence (3)
Thomas Chabot
Victor Mete (RFA)
Nikita Zaitsev
Goaltender (1)
Filip Gustavsson
F Evgeni Dadonov
F Austin Watson
D Josh Brown
G Joey Daccord
G Matt Murra
Talking Points
Embedded Image

The last possible date for the Stanley Cup to be awarded is July 15th. The NHL is aiming for an October 12th start. Everything is pushed back and the expansion draft protection list is not due to the Kraken until July 17th, we have lots of time to debate. I'd rather keep D'accord over Gus but in the end I think Seattle doesn't take any of our goalies. I'd like to hold on to Mete as well.

With the Sens last game on May 12th it'll be a long 2+ months before things get interesting for them.

Kraken expansion draft is July 21st, the draft starts on July 23rd and free agency is July 28th.

I would also hope the Sens capitalize on their draft capital, prospects, spots to protect and cap space to make a move before the expansion draft. They’d be crazy not to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crazy or cash-strapped.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Dadonov on pace for a 22 goal season (82 games).
So many people either in the media or fans saying we should get rid of him if we can.
We don’t even have a Top line C for him to play with (which is what you need for this type of player).

I think he’s doing fine for his cap hit. He’s not making 6.5 or 7.5. He’s already a better bargain than Bobby Ryan ever was.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Dadonov has been fine. He's a great complimentary, 2nd line threat at a reasonable price.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's the story with Murray's injury?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the story with Murray's injury?

All I know is that it's lower-body and he may not return before the end of the season. Perfect for leaving him unprotected in the expansion draft!

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the story with Murray's injury?

All I know is that it's lower-body and he may not return before the end of the season.  Perfect for leaving him unprotected in the expansion draft!

I would start Hogberg the rest of the way so Seattle can't get a good look at D'accord or Gus, fingers crossed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dadonov is worth his cap hit just for the times we can tweet "Who's your daddy". Norris-Pinto-White-Paul down the middle is not bad with a potential of being very good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Dadonov is worth his cap hit just for the times we can tweet "Who's your daddy".  Norris-Pinto-White-Paul down the middle is not bad with a potential of being very good.  

Paul doesn’t play centre.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man, Norris, Batherson and Tkachuk again. Beauty.

The Hogburglar was terrific as well.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Man, Norris, Batherson and Tkachuk again.  Beauty.  

The Hogburglar was terrific as well.

Yupp that line was great. Defense was really good too. Just need to round out the top-six at this point. Hoping Pinto can take a big step forward this off-season and hope we can get some more chemistry from a Stutzle-White-Dadonov line.

That goal called back on White was BS. Speaking of White, his PPG is just shy of 0.4. Would like to see that closer to 0.5-0.55 to really cement him as a top-six forward. But he took a big step forward this year. Last year was a tire-fire for him.

Hoping to see JBD and Abramov get a couple games. Will be interesting to see if L. Brown gets games down the stretch too. Certainly isn't deserving of any

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Jarventie signed and is apparently reporting to Belleville. He will play in games following his 7-day quarantine. I count approx 9 more games for Belleville so maybe he gets into 5-6 games? Interesting development. Someone I hope adjusts well to the NA ice though his experience at the WJHC would suggest otherwise.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jarventie signed and is apparently reporting to Belleville. He will play in games following his 7-day quarantine. I count approx 9 more games for Belleville so maybe he gets into 5-6 games? Interesting development. Someone I hope adjusts well to the NA ice though his experience at the WJHC would suggest otherwise.

His WJC experience suggests nothing. He's very young and it was only a few games. His pro experience matters much more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum