GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 23]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Man, Norris, Batherson and Tkachuk again.  Beauty.  

The Hogburglar was terrific as well.

Yupp that line was great. Defense was really good too. Just need to round out the top-six at this point. Hoping Pinto can take a big step forward this off-season and hope we can get some more chemistry from a Stutzle-White-Dadonov line.

That goal called back on White was BS. Speaking of White, his PPG is just shy of 0.4. Would like to see that closer to 0.5-0.55 to really cement him as a top-six forward. But he took a big step forward this year. Last year was a tire-fire for him.

Hoping to see JBD and Abramov get a couple games. Will be interesting to see if L. Brown gets games down the stretch too. Certainly isn't deserving of any

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Jarventie signed and is apparently reporting to Belleville. He will play in games following his 7-day quarantine. I count approx 9 more games for Belleville so maybe he gets into 5-6 games? Interesting development. Someone I hope adjusts well to the NA ice though his experience at the WJHC would suggest otherwise.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jarventie signed and is apparently reporting to Belleville. He will play in games following his 7-day quarantine. I count approx 9 more games for Belleville so maybe he gets into 5-6 games? Interesting development. Someone I hope adjusts well to the NA ice though his experience at the WJHC would suggest otherwise.

His WJC experience suggests nothing. He's very young and it was only a few games. His pro experience matters much more.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Jarventie signed and is apparently reporting to Belleville. He will play in games following his 7-day quarantine. I count approx 9 more games for Belleville so maybe he gets into 5-6 games? Interesting development. Someone I hope adjusts well to the NA ice though his experience at the WJHC would suggest otherwise.

His WJC experience suggests nothing. He's very young and it was only a few games. His pro experience matters much more.

Going from the Finnish league to the AHL will be quite different. He's young, time to learn and we'll see what he can do.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Dadonov is worth his cap hit just for the times we can tweet "Who's your daddy".  Norris-Pinto-White-Paul down the middle is not bad with a potential of being very good.  

Paul doesn’t play centre.
He's a natural center, better at faceoffs than White.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Dadonov is worth his cap hit just for the times we can tweet "Who's your daddy".  Norris-Pinto-White-Paul down the middle is not bad with a potential of being very good.  

Paul doesn’t play centre.
He's a natural center, better at faceoffs than White.

He’s always played lw in the NHL

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Don't forget the 5:30 start tonight.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Don't forget the 5:30 start tonight.

TONIGHT?!?!? Vertigo Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 20 824034342

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Roby Jarventie signs a 3 year ELC.
That’s good. He’s gonna spend a large portion of those in the AHL. We’re gonna need some guys who can score down there and he needs to learn how to play NA style

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Roby Jarventie signs a 3 year ELC.
That’s good. He’s gonna spend a large portion of those in the AHL. We’re gonna need some guys who can score down there and he needs to learn how to play NA style

ThisJustIn!

Poor Belleville man, what a tough season. Nice to Egor Sokolov have a pile of goals down there (12 in 26 GP)...Abramov with a bit of success too, and Lassi Thomson has been quite solid for them.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Poor Belleville man, what a tough season.  Nice to Egor Sokolov have a pile of goals down there (12 in 26 GP)...Abramov with a bit of success too, and Lassi Thomson has been quite solid for them.

It will be much better next year with JBD, Crookshank, Jarventie. Wondering if Grieg can make that jump or if he's still too young?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Grieg is dominating at the CHL so he should be ok. Might want to add a few lbs over the summer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Poor Belleville man, what a tough season.  Nice to Egor Sokolov have a pile of goals down there (12 in 26 GP)...Abramov with a bit of success too, and Lassi Thomson has been quite solid for them.

It will be much better next year with JBD, Crookshank, Jarventie. Wondering if Grieg can make that jump or if he's still too young?

Maybe Pinto too? A year of development never hurt anyone. He has NHL IQ but has to adjust to the game speed.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Maybe Pinto too? A year of development never hurt anyone. He has NHL IQ but has to adjust to the game speed.

Add Sanderson and Kleven by the end of the year as well. Nice to see that there are young guys with the big club now and that there's more in the pipeline as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I remember when Carbonneau and Daoust came up to Montreal the same year. Both were young, fast, good at scoring. But Montreal had enough scorers and asked them to play defense. Carbonneau was able to adapt -- and, eventually, excel -- while Daoust ended up getting traded.

I wonder if Pinto is being groomed into being our Carbonneau. He's very good defensively, he's good on face offs (there will be dips, he'll have 3x as many centers to study next season), he's excellent at anticipating which way a play will go. He can score, too. DJ does not trust rookies very much but he trusts Pinto. I honestly don't see him spending any time in the AHL unless he regresses. But it will be his job to lose come training camp time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Grieg is too young for the AHL next year

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
Over the last few games I think Ottawa's defense has been pinching more. They are more involved at the blue line and that's probably because they're more comfortable with the goaltending.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

ThisJustIn!

Grieg is too young for the AHL next year

How is that? He’d be two years past his draft year. I thought it was one year back at juniors and then make the jump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum