GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:JBD signs his 3 year deal going directly to Ottawa for quarantine. Rumour has it Pinto and Sanderson are going back to UND

I've heard the same rumors. Would have liked to see Pinto sign. Not much more he can accomplish on a personal level aside from winning a national championship, but I guess I do see some value in him returning to UND. He'll be captain and counted on to be a leader whereas in Belleville he doesn't control his own fate.

Still my preference would be that he sign here, get a few games in, and start him in Belleville next season. Can't say I blame him if he doesn't think he's going to make the NHL full-time out of college.

Yeah, I don’t see the point of pinto going back for an extra year. He excelled there. He’s needed in Belleville and would learn more by playing tougher opponents.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:JBD signs his 3 year deal going directly to Ottawa for quarantine. Rumour has it Pinto and Sanderson are going back to UND

I've heard the same rumors. Would have liked to see Pinto sign. Not much more he can accomplish on a personal level aside from winning a national championship, but I guess I do see some value in him returning to UND. He'll be captain and counted on to be a leader whereas in Belleville he doesn't control his own fate.

Still my preference would be that he sign here, get a few games in, and start him in Belleville next season. Can't say I blame him if he doesn't think he's going to make the NHL full-time out of college.

Yeah, I don’t see the point of pinto going back for an extra year. He excelled there. He’s needed in Belleville and would learn more by playing tougher opponents.

It's more concerning to see his peers who are younger (ie Caufield) signing. I don't think it'll be an issue signing him when he's ready but it's a pretty dumb move. He's signing an ELC either way, so he's just delaying the inevitable and may fall behind his draft peer group. Anyway, I don't like it but it's his decision to make, not mine.

I should add that Kiersted, Kawaguchi, and JBD won't be returning. UND is losing three of it's best players. We may see a year of regression from Pinto

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It's hard to say. Dorion has always been a good prospect evaluator but a lot of our best pieces are from other ogranizations.

- Our #1 goalie was acquired via trade (and a bad trade it seems so far)
- Zaitsev, Coburn, Gudbranson, Reilly, Brannstrom via trade, Zub via UFA. Really only Chabot, JBD, Thomson, Sanderson, Kleven via draft
- Dadonov, Norris, Brown, Tierney, Paul, Anisimov, Watson, Stepan via trade or UFA. Batherson, Tkachuk, White, Dzingel, Stutzle were drafted.

So it really is hard to say how effective our player development is  

They also drafted Karlsson, Stone, Pageau, Hoffman and others.

Pageau and Hoffman are by no means stars in this league. But if we're playing this game, they also drafted Jim O'Brien, Stefan Noeson, Johnny Tychonik, Jonathan Dahlen, Gabriel Gagne, Filip Chlapik, and Englund within the first two rounds... If you want me to add Lazar to that list let me know

What you’re doing is totally irrelevant (and I mean prager too). You’re combining picks from completely different scouting staffs and scouting directors. If any team hit on every first and second they would be dynasties

Also pageau and Hoffman were home run picks. What are you on about?

Pageau was a 4th rounder. Sure, he and Hoffman amounted into good NHL players but neither are franchise altering players. Alfredsson on the other hand...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It's hard to say. Dorion has always been a good prospect evaluator but a lot of our best pieces are from other ogranizations.

- Our #1 goalie was acquired via trade (and a bad trade it seems so far)
- Zaitsev, Coburn, Gudbranson, Reilly, Brannstrom via trade, Zub via UFA. Really only Chabot, JBD, Thomson, Sanderson, Kleven via draft
- Dadonov, Norris, Brown, Tierney, Paul, Anisimov, Watson, Stepan via trade or UFA. Batherson, Tkachuk, White, Dzingel, Stutzle were drafted.

So it really is hard to say how effective our player development is  

They also drafted Karlsson, Stone, Pageau, Hoffman and others.

Pageau and Hoffman are by no means stars in this league. But if we're playing this game, they also drafted Jim O'Brien, Stefan Noeson, Johnny Tychonik, Jonathan Dahlen, Gabriel Gagne, Filip Chlapik, and Englund within the first two rounds... If you want me to add Lazar to that list let me know

What you’re doing is totally irrelevant (and I mean prager too). You’re combining picks from completely different scouting staffs and scouting directors. If any team hit on every first and second they would be dynasties

Also pageau and Hoffman were home run picks. What are you on about?

Pageau was a 4th rounder. Sure, he and Hoffman amounted into good NHL players but neither are franchise altering players. Alfredsson on the other hand...

That makes no sense, you were talking about player development, not who becamse franchise altering stars. Pageau is a clear example of excellent development

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Pinto has signed his entry level deal with the sens

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Pinto has signed his entry level deal with the sens

Just saw that. Great news. Would have been stupid not to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think the rumour was that he really likes it at school. Usually that means there's a girl. In any case, it's a done deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With the 7-day quarantine they could get a chance to get a game in before the trade deadline. More likely, though, after a trade (despite what Dorion said about it being a quiet deadline I expect one or two roster players being moved).

C: Norris-White-Pinto-Bishop-Anisimov (Paul or Stutzle)
LW: Tkachuk-Stutzle-Paul-Formenton
RW: Batherson-Dadonov-Brown-Dzingel
LD: Chabot-Brannstrom-Reilly-Coburn
RD: Zub-Zaitsev-Brown-Gudbranson-JBD

With Pinto being added and with Paul or Stutzle also able to play center I hope Anisimov is moved. Hopefully he has a couple good games and generates a little interest. Right wing is a little thin, but there are possible fill-ins in Belleville (Sokolov, Kelly); if they can get a 2nd for Dzingel I don't think they turn it down. One of Gudbranson/Coburn would be nice to move.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think the rumour was that he really likes it at school. Usually that means there's a girl. In any case, it's a done deal.

The thought had occurred to me.

I doubt it though. Between his parents, his agent and the Sens, you’d think that would have never factored in the equation.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game tonight. Always fun embarrassing the Habs. Tkachuk taking Weber for a slay ride after a hell of a punch was fantastic. I didn’t think he was gonna come out of that one well but judging from the reaction from my hab friends, Tkachuk definitely shamed Weber.

Nice to see Dadonov get a couple. Hopefuly that gets him going again.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Weber definitely let up. Not sure if he was worried about hitting his hand on Tkachuk's helmet but he had a free hand and could have clocked him pretty good

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I think the rumour was that he really likes it at school. Usually that means there's a girl. In any case, it's a done deal.

I doubt it though. Between his parents, his agent and the Sens, you’d think that would have never factored in the equation.

I get it. You forgot what it's like being 19 Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Weber definitely let up. Not sure if he was worried about hitting his hand on Tkachuk's helmet but he had a free hand and could have clocked him pretty good

He took 2 huge haymakers that both missed. Brady guy him with a shirt jab and an uppercut, then pushed him over.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I get it. You forgot what it's like being 19 Smile

maybe a little. Laugh1

but you'd think with all the above mentioned those wouldn't be issues. maybe that's also why he did sign. maybe everyone came in and was like "don't be an idiot, sign!"

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We're all speculating here. Maybe has intention was to sign all along.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nah, I think Kara said "I hear Ottawa is nice in the summer" and that was that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pretty ugly loss last night. It scares me that Chabot continues to play close to 30 minutes a night. Forbert led the way for Winnipeg with 20:31. Maybe this should be used as the barometer for proper deployment in Ottawa. Have Chabot playing closer to 20 minutes, or at least sub 25. We're at least two years away from Sanderson and I don't think it's fair for Chabot to continue carrying this load.

Nice to see Dzingel continue to score and put up points. Anisimov too. It's going to be a weird trade deadline. With most teams having both cap and roster size issues, I think the Sens will need to take on a player in order to move a player. As a complete hypothetical, say for instance St. Louis wanted to add Dzingel, the Sens would probably need to take on Bozak's contract and receive a pick back in return. Here's where Ottawa has a ton of leverage and can weaponize that cap space, but I just don't see it happening...

I am hoping the Sens are aggressive and try to add. Vince Dunn makes a lot of sense here and *maybe* St. Louis would be willing to take a chance on Logan Brown + something else. Probably not though - Logan Brown is as worthless a prospect as they come right now

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens hire new goalie coach Zac Bierk and Pierre Groulx assigned to scouting development role

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum