GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm also not sure that I want Kadri. He's another guy that isn't a top-center. He's got a history of taking stupid penalties, he doesn't fit the rebuild, he can't be relied upon to actually play in the playoffs which may hurt his trade value at the deadline, and he was the only minus player on the best team in the NHL last year who played more than 18 games (Daniel Renouf -1, Matt Calvert -2, Kadri -7).

I get that he's cheap, his bonus has been paid, and you can flip him at the deadline, but it's time we move away from bringing in rentals with the expectation of trading them. How did that work out for us and Steppan? These moves just aren't worth it.

Go big fish hunting or go after a top prospect. Otherwise don't bother

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both Kadri and Strome are much better options than Johansen

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I'm okay with it but we need to bring in players that will contribute to our core, not bring in vets on cheap deals. In Johanssen case I don't really want him unless salary is retained and we don't give up a lot

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Logan Brown has been traded

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Both Kadri and Strome are much better options than Johansen

I think with both of those you are buying t their peak whereas Johansen it’s another case of no one does well in Nashville.

I’d rather opt for johansen

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Apparently Logan Brown has been traded
Where’s that coming from?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Simmer. Either leaked by Sens camp or the Brown's themselves. Simmer claims to know which player it is for. It is someone who is available to Seattle

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jeff Brown replied to Simmer saying he's being irresponsible "reporting" this.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Which means it's true ?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Jeff Brown replied to Simmer saying he's being irresponsible "reporting" this.

And has also deleted the tweet. Can't seem to find it in response to simmer anymore. Maybe some one needs to delete Jeff Brown's twitter

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Seeing a rumor that the sens will be trading 10OA to the tags for Strome and the 15 OA

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Seeing a rumor that the sens will be trading 10OA to the tags for Strome and the 15 OA
Oh god… not the worst trade but not the player I’m hoping we pull it for.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Simmer. Either leaked by Sens camp or the Brown's themselves. Simmer claims to know which player it is for. It is someone who is available to Seattle

Nashville, Nashville, Nashville!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Seeing a rumor that the sens will be trading 10OA to the tags for Strome and the 15 OA
Oh god… not the worst trade but not the player I’m hoping we pull it for.

Don’t see how anyone would be against that trade. You’re basically getting Strome for free.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah. I'm for it. Picks 10-15 are all the same for me. Cossa Lucius Corronato Sillinger Lysell imo. I'd be okay with any of those guys if it means Strome comes with it

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I head this draft is a bunch of perimeter centers, not true nhl centers, that will eventually play the wing. Svechko may be the exception at the pick 10 and beyond range. I personally like coronnato which fits the need for a high scoring RW

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah. I'm for it. Picks 10-15 are all the same for me. Cossa Lucius Corronato Sillinger Lysell imo. I'd be okay with any of those guys if it means Strome comes with it

Many many more options than those guys as well. The draft is totally up in the air

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
wprager wrote:Jeff Brown replied to Simmer saying he's being irresponsible "reporting" this.

And has also deleted the tweet. Can't seem to find it in response to simmer anymore. Maybe some one needs to delete Jeff Brown's twitter

He didn't just delete his tweet, he deleted his whole account. @jeffrbrown21 is no more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum