GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40 ... 44  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 44]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:Best case as far as our roster goes

Well best case probably would have been tierney. But I agree it’s the second best case scenario. We have plenty of goalie prospects coming up and might have another great one by the end of this draft.

I’m happy we kept Dadonov as I think he’s going to have a bounce back season.

I'm good with this too. He deserves to be around for at least another year. If he can play with someone who can get him the puck he'll be much more effective.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So apparently the sens are gonna now try to move Tierney and Dadonov?

Tierney yes, Dadonov? I mean, if you can get a return then why not. But I certainly hope they aren’t going to do something stupid and actually pay a price to move him.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yes, Ottawa Senators PR man Bruce Garrioch reporting that they are going to try to move Tierney and Dadonov before next season.

I'm not sure why.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Yes, Ottawa Senators PR man Bruce Garrioch reporting that they are going to try to move Tierney and Dadonov before next season.

I'm not sure why.

Hopefully it's because they have a player or two coming in... Henrique and?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yes, Ottawa Senators PR man Bruce Garrioch reporting that they are going to try to move Tierney and Dadonov before next season.

I'm not sure why.

Yeah, my hope is this is happening because we have better players coming in...and not because they need to clear salary to afford to resign RFAs.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
May also be the case. Tierney + Dadonov = 8M = Tkachuk?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

I'm not sure why.

Yeah, my hope is this is happening because we have better players coming in...and not because they need to clear salary to afford to resign RFAs.

Ok. Henrique could be a decent number 2C. I imagine Anaheim needs to take a cap hit on that.
Not my first choice but if he’s healthy it’s ok. And obviously an upgrade over Tierney

We’re not exactly who they plan to replace Tierney on the right side. They’re not exactly deep at that position.

And that still doesn’t adress the need for a top 4 (defensively minded as it’s been reported) Dman.

It really feels to me like Dorion is getting forced to make moves to both upgrade and keep us at a certain cap number. Which scares me that he might (again) overpay to acquire someone of lesser value.

Urgh…

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Maybe a Tierney for Henrique trade (25% retained by Ana) is in the cards ? Anaheim can flip him at the deadline.

Maybe then there's a Logan Brown + for Cale Fleury trade on the table?

Seattle made some bizarre moves..

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Isn't Adam Henrique basically a slightly older, more expensive Chris Tierney?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
He's better but pretty much. Insignificant upgrade imo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He's better but pretty much. Insignificant upgrade imo

Yeah well maybe the problem right now isn’t that we’re trying to improve but more than a GM is trying to save his job by making a move that he can sell to ownership as an upgrade.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't mind bringing in Strome because I feel like he'd fit in well with the kids and we could see the best version of him yet here with good fast wingers. With Henrique, I feel like we've seen his best, plus he's a little older.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
What an awful presser by Dorion. Essentially just listed all the guys they're not giving QO's to and alluded to them getting a top goalie, top-four d, or middle-six forward and #10. Didn't seem remotely upset about losing D'Accord saying that it was their greatest position of strength, and defended Dadonov and Murray as having off years due to COVID, new teams, and family.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Beaudin, Davidsson, Amadio, Hogberg, Kopacka, Fortunato will not be receiving qualifying offers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What an awful presser by Dorion. Essentially just listed all the guys they're not giving QO's to and alluded to them getting a top goalie, top-four d, or middle-six forward and #10. Didn't seem remotely upset about losing D'Accord saying that it was their greatest position of strength, and defended  Dadonov and Murray as having off years due to COVID, new teams, and family.

So how is that awful? He answered questions people asked.

He shouldn't be upset about losing Daccord, really.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What an awful presser by Dorion. Essentially just listed all the guys they're not giving QO's to and alluded to them getting a top goalie, top-four d, or middle-six forward and #10. Didn't seem remotely upset about losing D'Accord saying that it was their greatest position of strength, and defended  Dadonov and Murray as having off years due to COVID, new teams, and family.

Wasn't so much the message, it was the tone. He seemed very switched off

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:

Wasn't so much the message, it was the tone. He seemed very switched off

You might be switched off too if you just brought in your successor Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well at least now we can see what will happen next. There’s a long list of things to do in the off season.
Let’s see what he gets done of all those.

I sincerely hope we keep Dadonov one more year though. If he feels those are some of the reason he had a bad year then logic dictates he should get a chance to redeem himself and not part ways with the player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 44]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum