GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just had a thought. If the mom and g/f each sued for $5M, maybe Melnyk just hasn't filed yet. Although this happened in early January it was only filed last month. Maybe there's another shoe to drop.

By the way, I checked out the charter site and that $420K is the most expensive option for 12 people (you can go as low as $175K. But the Double Down (also $420K) looks to be the top one as it offers more cabins (9 vs. 7) and was built a decade earlier.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Those 50m+ yachts are insane. Imagine dropping $400K or whatever on a week vacation. And yes, this conjures major booze cruise Office episode flashbacks.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Those 50m+ yachts are insane. Imagine dropping $400K or whatever on a week vacation. And yes, this conjures major booze cruise Office episode flashbacks.

It sure doesn’t evoke any sympathy when he cries poor about this team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Was there ever an update on his lawsuits about his gambling debt and his debt related to his private jet?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Was there ever an update on his lawsuits about his gambling debt and his debt related to his private jet?  

or the lebreton for debacle?

“Probably not”

I’m sure had he won anything, he would have boasted about it

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both Vancouver and Calgary stand to climb out of their current drafting position with any win. Such a weird scenario for general managers to be in.

Ideally Vancouver will win both and pass us by in the standings.

We finished 9th for now which is 4 higher at best than I thought we’d finished.
I didn’t care much as the draft is a bit of a crap shoot this year but it seems that a top 5 position could yield us a pretty good forward. I have my eye on a couple.

So do we want to win this draft? You can only win and move into the top 2 spots in 5 years. But from now on, you can only climb up 10 spots. So you can still win if you’re fighting for a playoff spot but barely make it out and still win more than twice in 5 years.

So I don’t think we’ll likely be in this situation more than one more time in the next 5 years. So I’m changing my mind, from a previous statement. I now want to win the lottery this year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, let's win this draft lottery.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Doesn't matter to me. I'm happy with about 10 players in the first 15. I just don't want a LHD unless it Power and even then I'd prefer we didn't go that route.

I think we will end up with Lysell or Johnson if we draft in the 9-10 range. If Clarke is still available at the 5-6 spot I hope Dorion puts a package together and can move up. I see Columbus being the big wildcard in this year's draft. They could be a team desperate to add players/prospects. LA is another team that may be willing to me down a bit as well

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Doesn't matter to me. I'm happy with about 10 players in the first 15. I just don't want a LHD unless it Power and even then I'd prefer we didn't go that route.

I think we will end up with Lysell or Johnson if we draft in the 9-10 range. If Clarke is still available at the 5-6 spot I hope Dorion puts a package together and can move up. I see Columbus being the big wildcard in this year's draft. They could be a team desperate to add players/prospects. LA is another team that may be willing to me down a bit as well

I can see a few teams really turning it around this off-season.

LA has the prospects to make two significant moves - add Laine and add Eichel. LA can move their 1st and a bunch of guys and still retain Byfield and another one or two of their prospects.
Fagemo, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Kupari, Vilardi, Madden, Anderson, Thomas - they are literally stacked with prospects and have the cap space to make a giant splash on draft day.

Columbus is another team. They can recoup some of their losses by trading Laine and have three 1st rd picks to play around with.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Was there ever an update on his lawsuits about his gambling debt and his debt related to his private jet?  

“Probably not”

No one ever "wins" these. Other than the lawyers, of course. They all get settled.

We need a real investigative journalist to dig into this -- what's Bagnall doing these days?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

“Probably not”

No one ever "wins" these.  Other than the lawyers, of course.  They all get settled.

We need a real investigative journalist to dig into this -- what's Bagnall doing these days?

Investigative journalism in Ottawa? You might as well go fishing for one of those In toronto.
That being said. I’m sure that the Toronto fan base would like nothing better than rip another one into Melnyk.

It’s always been funny to me how he seeks the approval of that market before the one from Ottawa. He just can’t get over the fact that he owns the sens and not the leafs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Abramov signs two years deal in KHL 🙄

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Big loss. But we've had a *ton* of little losses.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think he's better off in the KHL from the little I saw of him play.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

As long as the send qualify him they will retain his rights and maybe he develops more in the KHL and comes back in 2 years

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He certainly left the door open to coming back. Wait till Eugene finds out they can get another league to develop their prospects for free.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I hope Dorion gets on the phone and calls Sakic asap. Colorado's defense is insane and they're likely to lose someone good in the expansion draft. He should be offering up Brannstrom who is protected for Graves or see if they can somehow get Girard out of there. Price would be steep but Girard has a great contract and the Sens don't need to continue stockpiling picks

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I hope Dorion gets on the phone and calls Sakic asap. Colorado's defense is insane and they're likely to lose someone good in the expansion draft. He should be offering up Brannstrom who is protected for Graves or see if they can somehow get Girard out of there. Price would be steep but Girard has a great contract and the Sens don't need to continue stockpiling picks

What a horrible trade that would be for Ottawa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum