GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Here's the problem I see happening.  Norris has overachieved this season -- in a large way.  But does anyone see either him or Pinto as a legit 1LC?  Neither one -- nor Stutzle, for that matter -- have the size you want in a #1.  We've got size on the wings with Brady and Drake but not so much down the middle.  Unless anyone thinks Paul can continue to improve and/or Brown finally has an injury-free development year.  I'm not holding my breath.

I don’t see stützle as being a C either. A damn good winger though.

We still have a spot open on that 1st line down the middle.
Unless a team desperately needs to clear cap space and can part with one, I don’t see us filling that need this summer.
Norris is a 2nd line C currently filling in on the top line but that’s not a solution. Pinto will start in Belleville. Logan B will likely not be having an NHL career with this organization.

Maybe a year from now, when Brannstrom has created a spot for himself in the line-up, Ottawa will package him with a 1st for an established young potential Top line C. There are sometimes cases like the Pierre Luc Dubois opens up.

Maybe Dorion should call Calgary about monahan. Wouldn’t be my first choice but he’s not their number 1 anymore and that whole group needs a shake up.
I feel like it’s Gaudreau that’s getting moved though.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe there is a trade to be made with Brannstrom, for one of the young prospects in LA’s system. Turcotte underwhelmed a little and might be at an all time low in terms of cost to acquire.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Here's the problem I see happening.  Norris has overachieved this season -- in a large way.  But does anyone see either him or Pinto as a legit 1LC?  Neither one -- nor Stutzle, for that matter -- have the size you want in a #1.  We've got size on the wings with Brady and Drake but not so much down the middle.  Unless anyone thinks Paul can continue to improve and/or Brown finally has an injury-free development year.  I'm not holding my breath.

Disagree on both points. Norris has not overachieved if you’ve been tracking his development. I expected this out of him and he’ll be a very good 2C for us. Stutzle will become a centre IMO and he’ll be a #1 by default. He has the height, he just needs to get stronger. He will. He can control the puck and dictate play like a centre. Unless they get a star C in a trade, he will be the guy. Norris and Stutzle are both 6’1. That’s plenty tall, they will add on size.

Also Pinto is bigger than both, he has a large frame and can play both ends of the rink. He also has 2C upside but can be a star 3C for us if we have two other Cs ahead of him.

We don’t have any small or short players at C in the system so I’m not sure what you’re getting at

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

I don’t see stützle as being a C either. A damn good winger though.

We still have a spot open on that 1st line down the middle.
Unless a team desperately needs to clear cap space and can part with one, I don’t see us filling that need this summer.
Norris is a 2nd line C currently filling in on the top line but that’s not a solution. Pinto will start in Belleville. Logan B will likely not be having an NHL career with this organization.

Maybe a year from now, when Brannstrom has created a spot for himself in the line-up, Ottawa will package him with a 1st for an established young potential Top line C. There are sometimes cases like the Pierre Luc Dubois opens up.

Maybe Dorion should call Calgary about monahan. Wouldn’t be my first choice but he’s not their number 1 anymore and that whole group needs a shake up.
I feel like it’s Gaudreau that’s getting moved though.

Monahan wouldn’t be our number one either but I would take him for cheap

IMO our Cs will be Stutzle, Norris, Pinto unless we draft one this year or trade for one

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good deal moving Reilly for a 3rd. He had a great year all thing considered

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Coburn and Gudbranson, and maybe Forsberg or Hogberg and that's a wrap imo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Reilley for a third is exactly what i was hoping to see. he did alright this year but someone more promising can step in. let Brunnstrom run with it for now and then see if we can go bigger fish hunting in the offseason via UFA or trade.

zub could be a good partner for Brann. bring in Savard next year on a good 3-4 year deal and cross your fingers that he'll be steady for the duration of the contract.

will be interesting if Dzingel moves tomorrow or if Gudbransson interests a team.

i expect dorion to make 1 or two notable FA or trade acquisitions. hopefuly give us something better than this summer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Mete-Gudbranson
JBD

That's how I see this playing out right now .

Maybe Dzingel to Edm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot, Brannstrom, J. Brown. That's the left side. Remember when we had, like, 7 to start the season?

Alsing is on the taxi squad, Aspirot on Belleville. After that it's Sanderson, Kleven and Tychonick.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Garrioch saying sens may not be done looking with Gubrandson and aminisov

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Chabot, Brannstrom, J. Brown. That's the left side. Remember when we had, like, 7 to start the season?

Alsing is on the taxi squad, Aspirot on Belleville. After that it's Sanderson, Kleven and Tychonick.

Josh Brown is a RHD. He at least shoots left. He's barely skilled enough to play on the right let alone playing on the left. Maybe the plug him in there tonight - or they take Mete

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Josh Norris was a first round draft pick, he is not overachieving in a large way, he is exactly where he should be, and I would expect him to improve further. Also, a lot of teams don't have giant #1Cs...it's not really a "thing" like it used to be. Patrice Bergeron and Nathan Mackinnon are both around 6 feet which is where Stutzle and Norris are.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Josh Norris was a first round draft pick, he is not overachieving in a large way, he is exactly where he should be, and I would expect him to improve further.  Also, a lot of teams don't have giant #1Cs...it's not really a "thing" like it used to be.  Patrice Bergeron and Nathan Mackinnon are both around 6 feet which is where Stutzle and Norris are.

I dont think Norris has overachieved either, not at all.  There are strength issues galore and his numbers will get way better as he learns to use that shot of his.

This off season is a big one for him.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

DJ saying Formenton isn't going back to Belleville

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa claims Victor Mete off waivers from Montreal. I remember he had a hot start to his career and then it quickly fizzled out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Josh Norris was a first round draft pick, he is not overachieving in a large way, he is exactly where he should be, and I would expect him to improve further.  Also, a lot of teams don't have giant #1Cs...it's not really a "thing" like it used to be.  Patrice Bergeron and Nathan Mackinnon are both around 6 feet which is where Stutzle and Norris are.

I dont think Norris has overachieved either, not at all.  There are strength issues galore and his numbers will get way better as he learns to use that shot of his.

This off season is a big one for him.

He's overachieved in that his 200 ft game is way better than most players at 21 years old. He still has lots to work on offensively which is what excites me about him. Even his faceoff win percentage is over 50% and that's going up against McDavid, Matthews, Draisaitl, Mohanah, Dubois, Tavares, etc.

I'm not sure he'll ever be a "true" 1C but if he has dynamic wingers, an above 50% win percentage, and skates well then he'll be fine. In a perfect world Dorion probably sees his top-nine as:

Tkachuk-Norris-XXXX
Stutzle-Pinto-Batherson
Formenton-Greig-White

So to me it's about finding that RW who can play in that top-line role. Maybe it's Guenther? I was pissed that Ottawa passed on Peterka to take Jarventie. But who knows, maybe Sokolov can surprise and fit in that spot or maybe lines can be juggled in order to have Abramov or White fit into a better spot on the right.

I maintain you want C. Brown on your 4th line with Paul and Parker Kelly. That'd be a hell of a 4th line that you can roll out against any team's top players.

Defense will continue to be the problem on this team until Sanderson and JBD are contributing on a regular basis and Chabot's minutes come down

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Aaaand we just claimed the Mete man. Great move. I think he'll be able to get into the lineup tonight?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Aaaand we just claimed the Mete man. Great move. I think he'll be able to get into the lineup tonight?

I'm happy this will piss off habs fans. hopefully, he clicks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum