GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Love Formenton.  Adds a huge piece to our future plans.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They are currently sitting 2nd last but within striking distance of at least 2 teams. And I don't think Vancouver week win their games in hand playing 4 games a week with 2/3 of their roster coming off Covid.  Bottom 5th means 0 chance at the 1st overall. Do we trade that pick?

Last edited by wprager on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:They are currently sitting 2nd last but within striking distance of at least 2 teams. And I don't think Vancouver week win their games in hand playing 4 games a week with 2/3 of their roster coming off Covid.  Bottom 5th means 0 chance at the 1st overall. Do we trade that pick?

I think that's a draft-day decision and depends on what their pick is. They 100% need to address their RW and RHD positions this off-season and be a competitive team next year. No more being sellers at the deadline.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Sens sign Mads Søgaard to 3 year entry deal

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Sens sign Mads Søgaard to 3 year entry deal

You're like the site's Score update lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Didn't watch. How did JBD look last night ?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Listened to Kevin Woodley on tsn1200 talk about the changes Matt Murray has working on since the summer and still changing his fame to be more effective. Real interesting especially as someone who never played goalie
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/woodley-if-you-think-out-there-you-re-dead-and-murray-s-changes-aren-t-instinctual-just-yet-1.1624201

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Didn't watch. How did JBD look last night ?

Looked fine. Some butterflies early but he didn't panic, made some nice plays.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The 2020 draft is looking outstanding right now for Ottawa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The 2020 draft is looking outstanding right now for Ottawa.

It was a strong draft year.

What is more important is how good it will look as opposed to what many other suggested it should look like. Time will tell

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pinto making his debut today. Start time is 4pm vs the evil Habs. Let's get em.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Matt Murray with the shut out today Batherson also a big game today only caught parts today. Pinto first point on defensive zone face off. Surprised DJ let him take that face off

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Pinto making his debut today.  Start time is 4pm vs the evil Habs.  Let's get em.
i was watching the French Habs broadcast and they were gushing about Pinto and his line.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wonderful stuff.

Now...do we have a smart enough GM to know when to shell out some money for a partner for Chabot?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a chance as long as Melnyk is writing the checks.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Pinto making his debut today.  Start time is 4pm vs the evil Habs.  Let's get em.
i was watching the French Habs broadcast and they were gushing about Pinto and his line.

His defensive play was outstanding. He must have had 4-5 takeaways. He also went 4/6 in faceoffs and seemed to make the right plays in the offensive zone.

I can 100% see him as a middle-six center. It's too early to tell but if his offensive skills continue to develop he could ultimately be a 1C given his ability to win faceoffs and his size. But I'm not holding out hope there. I can see him being extremely effective on a line with Stutzle and I am going out on a limb here, but Dadonov maybe? He'll flourish with two guys that can get up and down the ice well and two guys that can set each other up and score from anywhere.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Dadonov
Paul-White-C.Brown
Formenton-XXXX-XXXXX

Need to find out what to do with L. Brown, Tierney, Dzingel, Bishop, Abramov, Sokolov next year.

And I am wondering if the Sens can find a potential Chabot-Zub pair. Would be interesting to see these two play together more down the stretch. He's not a top-two defender but neither was Methot. Sometimes it's about find the right partner.

Chabot-Zub
Brann-Zaitsev
Mete- J.Brown/JBD

We very clearly need a RHD but need to move on from Zaitsev somehow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very nice debut from Pinto. Looked like Mark Stone out there with some of his defensive work. Nice of DJ to get him on the PK and taking important face offs too.

The Habs are so medicore. It's going to be very nice next season and beyond when we're better than them and they are saddled with the Price and Weber contracts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some of the guys on the team are getting up towards the 20 goal mark. That’s quite insane.

On a normal season (thats less condescend) that translates to 20-25 goals for some of these guys.
I could see a couple hitting 30 next year on a full season.

I wonder who’ll be having a sophomore slump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum