GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Doesn't sound like we're really in on Schwartz.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think we're really in on anything. I did hear del zotto is down to Ottawa and another team in the Atlantic. Not sure I understand the fit personally

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think we're really in on anything. I did hear del zotto is down to Ottawa and another team in the Atlantic. Not sure I understand the fit personally

Where are you hearing these rumours? Would be best to provide links etc.

I bet we will get Strome, take a flyer on Dal Colle, and add a depth d-man. Also Nick Ritchie is a possibility.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd rather Pius Suter.

My knowledge of del zotto is personal

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd rather Pius Suter.

He'd be a decent add.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

He'd be a decent add.

He'd be okay. We need someone that can play 20+ minutes with Chabot and need a legit #2 center. I think Norris can be a #1 - he's just not there yet, but his progress from the start to end of last year tells me that his ceiling and potential is super high, and if you've ever heard him talk, he's humble, intelligent, and a hard worker. I think he can make it to a 1C this season, if not the year after.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

He'd be a decent add.

He'd be okay. We need someone that can play 20+ minutes with Chabot and need a legit #2 center. I think Norris can be a #1 - he's just not there yet, but his progress from the start to end of last year tells me that his ceiling and potential is super high, and if you've ever heard him talk, he's humble, intelligent, and a hard worker. I think he can make it to a 1C this season, if not the year after.

I think there should be an asterisk next to anything that happened last season. We were facing the same teams over and over again. The results could be skewed and positive outcomes could be attributed to coaching. I just rather see him in a full year against the full competition to really anoint him a plausible #1C.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens sign pending free agent DJ Smith to a contract extension

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dadonov traded to Vegas for Holden +

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird, I thought they needed help on the right side. Wonder if they are planning on flipping him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Strange trade for Vegas. I think Dadonov is better than he showed last year, but thought it would be hard to move him. Sens shed a decent chunk of money here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They had $12M in cap space. They have less, now, still only 18 on the roster. Guess they aren't getting Eichel.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Senators up to $32M in cap room. "Cap room is a weapon".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Senators up to $32M in cap room. "Cap room is a weapon".

-4-8 for Tkachuk

-3-5 for Batherson

-1 for Gustavsson

-1-2 for Mete

-800K for Brown if not traded

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good to shed Dadonov's contract, so that's a positive so far today. Now if we can avoid signing more useless vets...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So many trades. It’s an impressive off season in terms of action. Not nearly close to being done either.

Sens not doing much of importance so far though. Makes me fear that they won’t achieve their set goal of a top 4 RHD and a top 6 C. They’ll probably settle on Henrique. Better not be a high price as we’re doing them a favour.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I got to admit that I’m surprised to see we got a 3rd round pick in the dadonov deal.
Im not familiar so much with Holden’s career. Did they pay us to take on Holden or for Dadonov?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He was in the minors for a good chunk of last year but played in the playoffs. Dadonov contract was backloaded

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum