GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So many trades. It’s an impressive off season in terms of action. Not nearly close to being done either.

Sens not doing much of importance so far though. Makes me fear that they won’t achieve their set goal of a top 4 RHD and a top 6 C. They’ll probably settle on Henrique. Better not be a high price as we’re doing them a favour.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I got to admit that I’m surprised to see we got a 3rd round pick in the dadonov deal.
Im not familiar so much with Holden’s career. Did they pay us to take on Holden or for Dadonov?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He was in the minors for a good chunk of last year but played in the playoffs. Dadonov contract was backloaded

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty sure Dadonov has a bounce back next year. But whatever. It be nice if they used that cap space to acquire a good player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Pretty sure Dadonov has a bounce back next year. But whatever. It be nice if they used that cap space to acquire a good player.

I think he’d have a bounce back a bit on any team, but Vegas has no centre’s to pass the puck. At the moment. I don’t know why they bothered to do this deal.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe they are putting something together for Eichel with Reilly Smith plus another winger going back. Concerned about winger depth, make this trade and all of a sudden their winger depth isn't too bad

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good call DWC

https://mobile.twitter.com/Media_Sens/status/1420438836417597442

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ev wrote:Good call DWC

Adding Del Zotto, will he play on the right side? Our left side is getting packed. He's shoots left.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My guess is we a brannstrom brown trade for monahan

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:

Adding Del Zotto, will he play on the right side? Our left side is getting packed. He's shoots left.

I had inside knowledge. Thought it wasn't going to make sense with holden coming in but I imagine brannstrom or mete are done in ottawa

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

I had inside knowledge. Thought it wasn't going to make sense with holden coming in but I imagine brannstrom or mete are done in ottawa

I’m surprised at all the hate online. Actually I’m
Not surprised .

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Any chance they move Brannstrom to the right side like he prefers with holden and DelZotto coming in

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hope we get Monahan. His value has dropped off a bit but he was always known as a two way stud out of junior

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Holden and Del Zotto. Be still my beating heart.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Holden and Del Zotto.  Be still my beating heart.

Laughing3

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. I’m not happy and this doesn’t make a ton of sense. Couple of bottom pairing Dmen that shoot left. What am I missing here?

Either Brannstrom is moving to the right or he is getting traded.
At this point I’d be fine with Monahan but I highly doubt that happens.

Henrique is the most likely scenario and again, we better not be giving anything sizeable in a trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I get the online hate. The team needs to sell tickets and need to add good players to excite the fans. Adding Del Zotto and ultimately coming out of free agency having spent less money than when you started and being no better pisses off the fan base. Especially when you have $30M in cap space and you excite fans by saying you're going to spend to the cap this year and you're after a top center and top RHD. Adding two LHD well past their primes while challenging a fan favourite in Brannstrom makes little to no sense

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah. I’m not happy and this doesn’t make a ton of sense. Couple of bottom pairing Dmen that shoot left. What am I missing here?

Either Brannstrom is moving to the right or he is getting traded.
At this point I’d be fine with Monahan but I highly doubt that happens.

Henrique is the most likely scenario and again, we better not be giving anything sizeable in a trade.

DJ confirmed both Holden and MDZ can play the right if needed.

Worst case they carry 8 D.

I expect a trade or signing still in the next few weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum