GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

They assigned Wolanin to the taxi squad

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Do the sens pass Vancouver and/or Calgary in the standings? Only a few points behind Calgary now

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do the sens pass Vancouver and/or Calgary in the standings? Only a few points behind Calgary now
I think they catch and pass both by the end of the season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Do the sens pass Vancouver and/or Calgary in the standings? Only a few points behind Calgary now

Me too. Calgary at least. Crazy to think.

I am guessing we end up with pick 8-12 and take Raty Facepalm I hope we stay far away from him... There are actually quite a few good options that I'd be happy with: , Guenther, Sillinger, Lysell, Johnson, or Clarke who may all be available around those spots. Eklund is the prospect I am most interested in and because of his size he may fall to us though I doubt it.

I also think the Sens take a healthy run at either Gaber, Kiersted, and Kawaguchi out of UND and land at least one of the three (probably Kawaguchi or Kiersted). The Sens can promise them games down the stretch, and Kawaguchi could be a really good 3rd or 4th line energy guy who is known for scoring big goals. Kiersted an option as he's JBD's defense partner. Not sure if it was already mentioned but Sanderson committed to playing another year at UND next season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

I am guessing we end up with pick 8-12 and take Raty Facepalm I hope we stay far away from him...  There are actually quite a few good options that I'd be happy with: , Guenther, Sillinger, Lysell, Johnson, or Clarke who may all be available around those spots. Eklund is the prospect I am most interested in and because of his size he may fall to us though I doubt it.

I also think the Sens take a healthy run at either Gaber, Kiersted, and Kawaguchi out of UND and land at least one of the three (probably Kawaguchi or Kiersted). The Sens can promise them games down the stretch, and Kawaguchi could be a really good 3rd or 4th line energy guy who is known for scoring big goals. Kiersted an option as he's JBD's defense partner. Not sure if it was already mentioned but Sanderson committed to playing another year at UND next season.

Sanderson hasn’t committed to anything yet, it’s just speculation.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

I am guessing we end up with pick 8-12 and take Raty Facepalm I hope we stay far away from him...  There are actually quite a few good options that I'd be happy with: , Guenther, Sillinger, Lysell, Johnson, or Clarke who may all be available around those spots. Eklund is the prospect I am most interested in and because of his size he may fall to us though I doubt it.

Heard it on Team 1200 last week. Maybe they're just speculating but it sounded pretty definitive

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

Heard it on Team 1200 last week. Maybe they're just speculating but it sounded pretty definitive

Simmer said he heard it but his track record is not great. Not saying he won’t return but if I were him I would not, especially if they win it all

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

If we pick 8-12 I’ll be happy with Raty. In a weak draft his floor is a very decent NHL player. His ceiling is high. I’ll take that.
Im with you on Eklund. I think he’s one of the better picks for us.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, now that NoDak is done, decision time. What a way to go out. They definitely should not be making any decisions for a couple of days wait till the disappointment wears off.

Sanderson should get an ATO and see how he does in Belleville before deciding to come back.

Is Kawaguchi the JG Pageau replacement? Belleville will be able to give him lots of ice time and a game or few up in Ottawa.

Pinto and JBD should report to Belleville and will also get a court games with Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think even Kleven should consider an ATO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, now that NoDak is done, decision time. What a way to go out. They definitely should not be making any decisions for a couple of days wait till the disappointment wears off.

Sanderson should get an ATO and see how he does in Belleville before deciding to come back.

Is Kawaguchi the JG Pageau replacement? Belleville will be able to give him lots of ice time and a game or few up in Ottawa.

Pinto and JBD should report to Belleville and will also get a court games with Ottawa.

That’s impossible for Sanderson. He either turns pro or he goes back to college. You can’t do a a tryout. I expect JBD and Pinto to sign and play an NHL game right away. Kleven will definitely go back at least one or two more years

There’s a few unstaffed guys on the team who are interesting but the sens have a lot of prospects so they might not want to sign here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Belleville is struggling to ice 10 forwards right now and the Sens have no problem cutting it's underperforming prospects loose. I expect Pinto and JBD to sign and play in Belleville until after the trade deadline. I can see kiersted and Kawaguchi signing as well. Keep these guys together .

Not sure when a decision will be made. I expect we hear something by mid week at the latest

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so how long is Montreal expected to be under covid protocol and their games postponed?

We might not have a sens game until the 7th of April.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:so how long is Montreal expected to be under covid protocol and their games postponed?

We might not have a sens game until the 7th of April.

Sens play Thursday

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anisimov waived lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Wolanin traded for a spare part. Anisimov waived. Maybe sens making room for some und players ?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know anything about the guy they traded wolanin for but he seems like spare parts for sure.

At this point it feels like Wolanin needed a change of scenery and is more of a reclamation project.
He had injuries but that cNt be the only reason he’s on the reclamation pile.

He’s not the only prospect that was shipped out of town either.

I realize that prospects don’t all pan out but there’s been quite a few in a short period of time. And it was once guys that HD once shown promises.
It’s hard to see where the problem really lies but it cnt be ignored.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Balcers, Chlapik, Lajoie, Jaros . Logan Brown next. Am I missing anyone ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum