GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Pinto making his debut today.  Start time is 4pm vs the evil Habs.  Let's get em.
i was watching the French Habs broadcast and they were gushing about Pinto and his line.

His defensive play was outstanding. He must have had 4-5 takeaways. He also went 4/6 in faceoffs and seemed to make the right plays in the offensive zone.

I can 100% see him as a middle-six center. It's too early to tell but if his offensive skills continue to develop he could ultimately be a 1C given his ability to win faceoffs and his size. But I'm not holding out hope there. I can see him being extremely effective on a line with Stutzle and I am going out on a limb here, but Dadonov maybe? He'll flourish with two guys that can get up and down the ice well and two guys that can set each other up and score from anywhere.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Dadonov
Paul-White-C.Brown
Formenton-XXXX-XXXXX

Need to find out what to do with L. Brown, Tierney, Dzingel, Bishop, Abramov, Sokolov next year.

And I am wondering if the Sens can find a potential Chabot-Zub pair. Would be interesting to see these two play together more down the stretch. He's not a top-two defender but neither was Methot. Sometimes it's about find the right partner.

Chabot-Zub
Brann-Zaitsev
Mete- J.Brown/JBD

We very clearly need a RHD but need to move on from Zaitsev somehow.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very nice debut from Pinto. Looked like Mark Stone out there with some of his defensive work. Nice of DJ to get him on the PK and taking important face offs too.

The Habs are so medicore. It's going to be very nice next season and beyond when we're better than them and they are saddled with the Price and Weber contracts.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some of the guys on the team are getting up towards the 20 goal mark. That’s quite insane.

On a normal season (thats less condescend) that translates to 20-25 goals for some of these guys.
I could see a couple hitting 30 next year on a full season.

I wonder who’ll be having a sophomore slump.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There are some reall opportunities for Dorion to swing a trade in the off season as there really isn’t enough guys on the roster to protect.

Forward to protect
Dadonov
Tkatchuk
Batherson
Paul
Brown
White
Then on D it gets pretty easy.
Do they even protect zaitsev?
Chabot and Victor Mete are the only guys I would protect.

At this point I’m gonna surprisingly go with Daccord being protected.

Most of the guys you’d think have to be protected are still unavailable.

Who do they walk away with? Tierney or Dzingel if he’s resigned?

This leaves one place to protect a forward and possibly another to protect A D man.

I could see Dorion calling a few GM’s with some offers. We have picks, we have prospects. Let’s make some deals.

Matt Dumbas pack your bags, you’re coming up to Ottawa.

I’d even trade our first with something else if it meant getting a young established top Line C from another team pressed in the extention. That could be the trade Logan brown gets attached to.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:There are some reall opportunities for Dorion to swing a trade in the off season as there really isn’t enough guys on the roster to protect.

Forward to protect
Dadonov
Tkatchuk
Batherson
Paul
Brown
White

This leaves one place to protect a forward and possibly another to protect A D man.

I could see Dorion calling a few GM’s with some offers. We have picks, we have prospects. Let’s make some deals.

I’d even trade our first with something else if it meant getting a young established top Line C from another team pressed in the extention. That could be the trade Logan brown gets attached to.

I think Logan Brown's trade value is at an all-time low. I'd sign him to a one-year extension and give him one last chance. Keep in mind the Sens invested two picks to get him. I am not sure they're ready to quit on him just yet. I would be interested in a Brown for Virtanen trade though. I think that's about as equal value as you're going to get right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:There are some reall opportunities for Dorion to swing a trade in the off season as there really isn’t enough guys on the roster to protect.

Forward to protect
Dadonov
Tkatchuk
Batherson
Paul
Brown
White

I think Logan Brown's trade value is at an all-time low. I'd sign him to a one-year extension and give him one last chance. Keep in mind the Sens invested two picks to get him. I am not sure they're ready to quit on him just yet. I would be interested in a Brown for Virtanen trade though. I think that's about as equal value as you're going to get right now.

Oh he is at an all time low. And wouldn’t likely be a central piece of any trade.

But as I’m saying, there may be teams trying to get themselves to a point where they get something back for loosing someone as opposed to Seattle just grabbing someone from them they’d rather not lose for nothing.
If the sens offered their 1st rounder (that’s a high AF pick) plus Logan brown in a trade for a young potential 1st line C that is eligible to be picked by Seattle then that allows the team to at least put a prospect that might replace a position (probably not as 1C) get a high pick and protect another player to make Seattle pick someone they don’t care so much about.

Spitballing here.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also don’t see this org coming to terms with this player. Logan is done in Ottawa.

I don’t think he gets much better here. If even he can stay healthy. Is it a terminal flaw in him. That he gets injured? Is it a lack of conditioning on his part? I don’t see this situation getting better in Ottawa. If it’s his fault than it’s obviously not gonna happen here.

He’s not Nick Paul. (Although he should probably talk to him).
I’m just not getting the sense that he’s really understanding what needs to be done. Or it’s his agent shooting a load of crap in his ears.

But we haven’t seen a player improve his compete or speed. That’s just a big red flag.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I also don’t see this org coming to terms with this player. Logan is done in Ottawa.

I don’t think he gets much better here. If even he can stay healthy. Is it a terminal flaw in him. That he gets injured? Is it a lack of conditioning on his part? I don’t see this situation getting better in Ottawa. If it’s his fault than it’s obviously not gonna happen here.

He’s not Nick Paul. (Although he should probably talk to him).
I’m just not getting the sense that he’s really understanding what needs to be done. Or it’s his agent shooting a load of crap in his ears.

But we haven’t seen a player improve his compete or speed. That’s just a big red flag.

I mean he could have a chronic injury so you can't blame him for that. And I think he did hire a skating coach. Anyway, I've been defending him since day 1 and he's out of runway with me. He's only played like 125 games or something since 2017-18. Most players played 250-300+ during that same period. He's worthless unless he's a throw-in and some other team thinks they can win a trade by acquiring him and getting lucky. He's certainly not a centerpiece.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Connor Brown. Some people weren't sold on him. I hope they are now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do you even need to protect Daccord? It's very likely he won't get into any games until September. Even if the doctors say that surgery was successful (ever hear of one that wasn't?) the proof is still in the pudding. And it's not like he's got a ton to show at the pro level.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Do you even need to protect Daccord?  It's very likely he won't get into any games until September.  Even if the doctors say that surgery was successful (ever hear of one that wasn't?) the proof is still in the pudding.  And it's not like he's got a ton to show at the pro level.  

Well you have to protect one goaltender. I’m not even sure Hogberg gets a contract extention. If Seattle takes murray from us they might be doing us a favour(they’re not taking him).
Who do you want to protect?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Do you even need to protect Daccord?  It's very likely he won't get into any games until September.  Even if the doctors say that surgery was successful (ever hear of one that wasn't?) the proof is still in the pudding.  And it's not like he's got a ton to show at the pro level.  

Well you have to protect one goaltender. I’m not even sure Hogberg gets a contract extention. If Seattle takes murray from us they might be doing us a favour(they’re not taking him).
Who do you want to protect?

I hope we protect Daccord, he squares up to the puck so well. I would not protect Murray, Hogberg doesn't get an extension and Forsberg walks. We'll be left with Murray, Daccord and Gustavsson.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:Connor Brown.  Some people weren't sold on him.  I hope they are now.

I was sold on his work ethic and hockey IQ but his hands of stone would drive me crazy. Good for him that the puck is going in now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't really get the hands of stone comment. Eric Condra he's not.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, we absolutely should protect Daccord over Murray. He's a high-level prospect. I'm not entirely sure what other goalies will be available, but I can't see Seattle taking Murray...I could definitely see them taking Daccord as a 2nd or 3rd goalie.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Doesn't really matter who we protect at goalie. I can't see any being taken. I'd take Gustavsson over Daccord though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Don't really get the hands of stone comment. Eric Condra he's not.

He's definitely on a bender but when this run ends many people are going to remember that he does have hands of stone

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His run will end but he's an excellent third liner capable of 15-20 goals per year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum