GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Garrioch was also saying they were considering benching Batherson for a game

i heard that too. There's no way. He's struggling a bit but so is everyone and they took apart the most productive line on the team so that's on the coach not the player

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Garrioch was also saying they were considering benching Batherson for a game

It has to be a productive sit though, you can't say sit for a game, you have to tell him why and what you want.

Same for Norris, he's way out of his league right now, maybe literally out of his league.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Logan Brown sent to Belleville. Matthew Peca recalled from Belleville and put on the taxi squad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown going to get some games in Laval and the come back up

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brown needed some games, I was wondering how they were just gonna plop him into the lineup

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Weird that they called him up just to re-assign him though. They must have known the AHL was restarting so why call him up? Doesn't make sense...

Anyway, Belleville's defense is missing Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie and Jaros from last year, and according to Capfriendly only have Thomson, Alsing, and Aspirot on their active roster? How are they going to round out their defense? Are they going to assign Coburn? Send Josh Brown down? No way they send Zub down after the way he's been playing, so are they going to send Wolanin or Brannstrom down when Brannstrom is healthy? WHAT IS THE PLAN?? IS THERE A PLAN??

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Weird that they called him up just to re-assign him though. They must have known the AHL was restarting so why call him up? Doesn't make sense...

Anyway, Belleville's defense is missing Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie and Jaros from last year, and according to Capfriendly only have Thomson, Alsing, and Aspirot on their active roster? How are they going to round out their defense?  Are they going to assign Coburn? Send Josh Brown down? No way they send Zub down after the way he's been playing, so are they going to send Wolanin or Brannstrom down when Brannstrom is healthy? WHAT IS THE PLAN?? IS THERE A PLAN??
There was no concrete start date for the AHL season in Canada. It was just approved the other day after he was assigned to the taxi squad.

They have a full D with AHL-only players who wouldn't show up on CapFriendly. None of the guys in Ottawa will be sent down there.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

guys on capfriendly show up as one or two-way contracts so why wouldn't they show up? And that still doesn't address what the Sens do with their roster.

D: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Reilly, Zaitsev, Gudbranson, Coburn, Zub

I guess with the taxi squad they can afford to carry a few extra d-men but I think they need to send a vet or two down to Belleville. makes sense to me to send haley and Coburn down tbh. why Haley's making an NHL salary to be on the taxi squad is beyond me. And Coburn can help the guys develop down in Belleville. if he doesn't want to report than release him

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:guys on capfriendly show up as one or two-way contracts so why wouldn't they show up? And that still doesn't address what the Sens do with their roster.

I guess with the taxi squad they can afford to carry a few extra d-men but I think they need to send a vet or two down to Belleville. makes sense to me to send haley and Coburn down tbh. why Haley's making an NHL salary to be on the taxi squad is beyond me. And Coburn can help the guys develop down in Belleville. if he doesn't want to report than release him

Players signed to AHL deals would not show up on CapFriendly. They are not signed to NHL deals (which are either one-way or two-way as you said) and can't be called up by the Sens. Belleville's D right now are Thomson, Alsing, Aspirot, Labrie, Golobeuf, Dougherty, Williams

When you're on the taxi squad, you are only making your AHL salary if you have a two-way deal. So Hakey isn't earning an NHL salary.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:guys on capfriendly show up as one or two-way contracts so why wouldn't they show up? And that still doesn't address what the Sens do with their roster.

Players signed to AHL deals would not show up on CapFriendly. They are not signed to NHL deals (which are either one-way or two-way as you said) and can't be called up by the Sens. Belleville's D right now are Thomson, Alsing, Aspirot, Labrie, Golobeuf, Dougherty, Williams

When you're on the taxi squad, you are only making your AHL salary if you have a two-way deal. So Hakey isn't earning an NHL salary.

TSN 1200 said otherwise. But maybe I misheard.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

They were wrong or you misheard.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/your-guide-to-the-nhl-taxi-squad

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

They were wrong or you misheard.  

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/your-guide-to-the-nhl-taxi-squad

I think I misheard. I believe they said he is making $200K to play on the taxi squad. I don't know why I thought that was his NHL salary given the fact that $200K is like $700K less than NHL minimum. My bad

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Why is josh Brown playing tonight ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Why is josh Brown playing tonight ?
Zub being tested for covid.  Results negative.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens trade Galchenyuk and Paquette for Dzingel. Interesting. Maybe they’ll look to re sign him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, Paquette was horrible and Galchenyuk was a nothing. I'll take it!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

It's odd but I likes dzingel when he was here before

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Sens trade Galchenyuk and Paquette for Dzingel. Interesting. Maybe they’ll look to re sign him
He’ll have to be better than what he’s been in Carolina for us t want to do that IMO.
I think they are just clearing room with a two for one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum