GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sweet geez Stützle is good.

And batherson and norris starting to heat up.

And Brannstrom is excellent. 

Nice, but sometimes frustrating win.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that goal should've been disallowed. Sorry, but if you spin a goalie around, two seconds is not enough to reset. So that was a good call.

Carey Price was absolute donkey Dung.

Brady Tkachuk doing everything...getting high-sticked, beating the Dung out of guys, scoring...man, did we ever make the right pick. Stutzle too...the right pick. Brannstrom with good offense and sometimes atrocious defense (which is fine, he can learn).

Montreal has fallen right off a cliff, and it feels good to kick them on their way down.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Montreal has had a hot start 3 or 4 years in a row now. Not saying they won't pull it together this year but they'll need way more from their too two centers if they do.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did Montreal just fire Julien after that lol?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Did Montreal just fire Julien after that lol?

Delicious icing on a delicious cake.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Players not happy apparently. Top line guys not happy with rolling four lines. But when one of your top line guys is drouin, that's not gonna fly either. Bench that dummy first at least...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:Montreal has had a hot start 3 or 4 years in a row now. Not saying they won't pull it together this year but they'll need way more from their too two centers if they do.

Anderson and Toffoli have been carrying the team. And Allen has been the better of the two goalies. They'd be horrendous without these off-season signings and Allen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:Players not happy apparently.  Top line guys not happy with rolling four lines.  But when one of your top line guys is drouin, that's not gonna fly either.  Bench that dummy first at least...

I'd do everything in my power to move him. Wonder if they could pull something with Calgary for Sam Bennett. Would be a good change of scenery for both teams without the two week quarantine

Same sentiments for James Neal

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:Players not happy apparently.  Top line guys not happy with rolling four lines.  But when one of your top line guys is drouin, that's not gonna fly either.  Bench that dummy first at least...

Wow, that's pathetic if true.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Our 1st unprotected this year for Tkachuk? Yay or nay?

And would Calgary laugh at that?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Our 1st unprotected this year for Tkachuk?  Yay or nay?

And would Calgary laugh at that?

They would probably need more but I’d do that in a heartbeat. It would be tough to see both Tkachuk not signing long term on the same team

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To echo what Ev said, Calgary would need more coming back.  Also, I'm not sure that isn't too much Tkachuk on the same team.  Teams tried to have multiple Staals on the same squad, and that never worked out.  Keep in mind, these kids are hooligans to the max, and honestly it might just not be good for the locker room.

Also, if we're going to use a massive asset to trade for a player, I'd like it to be for a defenceman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I doubt they agree to that. Even if our first is the first overall in this draft.
It would be quite a sight though. There might be some drawbacks though.

I see calgary trading monahan, Gaudreau or even Lindholm before trading Tkachuk.
It’s just the type of guy, like Brady, that you try and build around. No matter what.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I'd do everything in my power to move him. Wonder if they could pull something with Calgary for Sam Bennett. Would be a good change of scenery for both teams without the two week quarantine

I like that deal. Personally, I'd take Bennett over drouin but like you said, it makes sense

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I like that deal. Personally, I'd take Bennett over drouin but like you said, it makes sense

mmmhhh. that's an interesting proposal. my initial thought is that Drouin is more valuable than Sam but is he? maybe it's a fair 1 for 1. but is it a sideways hockey trade?

I think for what is going on in Montreal, they might win out with Bennett.

there's more a chance that Drouin further disappears in Calgary.
like i predicted. the flames aren't going anywhere this season. major changes to come this off season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a fitting end to the year (apparently) for Derek Stepan. Acquired for a 2nd (one of the worst acquisitions in recent years), came in, sucked, wanted to be traded, sucked more, played slightly better, then broke himself and is out for the year.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently Chlapik is on waivers for the purpose of buyout according to Garrioch

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:That's a fitting end to the year (apparently) for Derek Stepan.  Acquired for a 2nd (one of the worst acquisitions in recent years), came in, sucked, wanted to be traded, sucked more, played slightly better, then broke himself and is out for the year.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

He'll opt for surgery, rehab with the family and that's that. Peace Stepan. We hardly knew ye

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum