GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 57 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I missed Danault spearing Stützle in the throat last night. So did the refs.

https://twitter.com/HeresYourReplay/status/1363672975879397377?s=19

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

At the very least this should have been a high sticking minor for careless use of the stick, but given that he knew Stützle was there, the puck wasn't, there is absolutely zero reason for the stick jab. This was on purpose and it was extremely dangerous.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:At the very least this should have been a high sticking minor for careless use of the stick, but given that he knew Stützle was there, the puck wasn't, there is absolutely zero reason for the stick jab. This was on purpose and it was extremely dangerous.

I don't often indulge your nit-picking of the refereeing.... but in this case I'm bored. I can see why the refs missed it (away from the play, super non-chalant by Danault)...this is exactly the kind of BS they need to get out of the game, so it'd be dope if the league suspended Danault for a game. Spearing a guy in the throat. C'mon.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Brown is a great player

Just no finish. Like almost not at all. How did he score 20+ in Toronto?

He's a honey badger out there. He doesn't have much for hands in close but he can shoot and he's just super effective in the roll he plays.

Norris is really growing on me. He's being protected some but he's playing some tough minutes and still starting to drive play on his own

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yup I think this team will be dangerous next year (competing for playoffs) because our main young guys will be taking big steps

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Yup I think this team will be dangerous next year (competing for playoffs) because our main young guys will be taking big steps

You can count on at least one player having a sophomore slump. If not more.
We might be competing for a wildcard spot but I could also see us not.
The only difference I see is I don’t expect us being bottom 3 in the league. Probably not bottom 5 either.
If we can move out of the bottom 5 it will be the improvement I’ll be expecting.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We're not bottom 5 now and we're in arguably the toughest division playing against some of the best centers in the league .

My guess is 2 years until we make the playoffs . I think Pinto is going to be a huge difference maker and Stutzle will put on some size and be more dominant with the puck. JBD and Sanderson will also compliment our d core and Brannstrom will be a tank

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We may finish bottom five but the second half team will be very different from the first half. DJ is already trying less on veterans, the kids are showing him they belong. Paquette and Galchenyuk are gone and others like Anisimov, Coburn, Stepan, Reilly, Haley will be gone at the deadline or in the summer.

Guys like Gudbranson and J. Brown will be competing for limited ice time with the likes of JBD, Sanderson, Thomson, Kleven.

Guys like Formenton, Chlapik and may be Brown will push out guess like the aforementioned Haley, Peca, maybe even Tierney.

We have 2 rookies in the lineup. Even if both go through a sophomore slump they couldn't do worse than some of the plugs we had in the lineup this year - Paquette, Anisimov, even Stepan. You can't really call Zub a rookie - the guy is a veteran of over 300 KHL games.

We've got lots of players still on a growth trajectory, both in size and strength Donkey well as skill and experience: Tkachuk, Chabot, Batherson, Norris, Brannstrom, Paul (?), Stützle, White.

Completely forgot about Dzingel. Nick Paul is a poor man's Mark Stone - out those two together and watch Ryan get back to his 20-25 goal pace.

Hey, we're just 10 points out of a playoff spot and we're 2-1 on the year against the team we're chasing.

Hang on tight, it's gonna be a wild ride!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Damn.
I was looking forward to OT

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I’ll be damned

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That goal shouldn’t have been called back.
The habs got robbed and I’m LMAO 😂

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Nice to see the kids play and come away with a win.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:We may finish bottom five but the second half team will be very different from the first half. DJ is already trying less on veterans, the kids are showing him they belong. Paquette and Galchenyuk are gone and others like Anisimov, Coburn, Stepan, Reilly, Haley will be gone at the deadline or in the summer.

Guys like Gudbranson and J. Brown will be competing for limited ice time with the likes of JBD, Sanderson, Thomson, Kleven.

Guys like Formenton, Chlapik and may be Brown will push out guess like the aforementioned Haley, Peca, maybe even Tierney.

We have 2 rookies in the lineup. Even if both go through a sophomore slump they couldn't do worse than some of the plugs we had in the lineup this year - Paquette, Anisimov, even Stepan. You can't really call Zub a rookie - the guy is a veteran of over 300 KHL games.

We've got lots of players still on a growth trajectory, both in size and strength Donkey well as skill and experience: Tkachuk, Chabot, Batherson, Norris, Brannstrom, Paul (?),  Stützle, White.

Completely forgot about Dzingel. Nick Paul is a poor man's Mark Stone - out those two together and watch Ryan get back to his 20-25 goal pace.

Hey, we're just 10 points out of a playoff spot and we're 2-1 on the year against the team we're chasing.

Hang on tight, it's gonna be a wild ride!

I was thinking about that while watching Paul lately, he must have been paying attention when Stone was here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's been our most consistent and arguably our best forward all year

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hobiesens wrote:Nice to see the kids play and come away with a win.

A bunch of games coming up against an inconsistent Calgary team and another one against Montreal. Dzingel to play sometime next week.

Dare I say the Sens may be able to get a little run going ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sweet geez Stützle is good.

And batherson and norris starting to heat up.

And Brannstrom is excellent. 

Nice, but sometimes frustrating win.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that goal should've been disallowed. Sorry, but if you spin a goalie around, two seconds is not enough to reset. So that was a good call.

Carey Price was absolute donkey Dung.

Brady Tkachuk doing everything...getting high-sticked, beating the Dung out of guys, scoring...man, did we ever make the right pick. Stutzle too...the right pick. Brannstrom with good offense and sometimes atrocious defense (which is fine, he can learn).

Montreal has fallen right off a cliff, and it feels good to kick them on their way down.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Montreal has had a hot start 3 or 4 years in a row now. Not saying they won't pull it together this year but they'll need way more from their too two centers if they do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 57 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum