GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I believe the Sens traded Lajoie.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=160337

For this guy. I guess they need some warm bodies at forward for the A.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The timing wasn't great but I don't get why people are so up in arms over Melnyk making a proposal to the government to allow 6000 fans. All teams are going to consider and plan for when fans will be allowed back. Some US teams already have fans...I'd go to a game or two if they allowed it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:The timing wasn't great but I don't get why people are so up in arms over Melnyk making a proposal to the government to allow 6000 fans. All teams are going to consider and plan for when fans will be allowed back. Some US teams already have fans...I'd go to a game or two if they allowed it.

Because people will complain and moan about anything.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:The timing wasn't great but I don't get why people are so up in arms over Melnyk making a proposal to the government to allow 6000 fans. All teams are going to consider and plan for when fans will be allowed back. Some US teams already have fans...I'd go to a game or two if they allowed it.

Yeah, it was just hilarious timing more than anything. The plan wasn't ridiculous - 6,000 fans max and "rapid tests" for everyone before they enter the building. That said, the efficacy of rapid tests is questionable, and also who is paying for that? I can almost guarantee that Eugene would be trying to get the city/province to cover the medical costs of the tests and testing. Otherwise, the cost would be added to the ticket price I guess.

And 6,000 would probably be too many, as that would be almost every 3rd seat filled, but anyway, not something we likely have to worry about for months.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, it was just hilarious timing more than anything.  The plan wasn't ridiculous - 6,000 fans max and "rapid tests" for everyone before they enter the building.  That said, the efficacy of rapid tests is questionable, and also who is paying for that?  I can almost guarantee that Eugene would be trying to get the city/province to cover the medical costs of the tests and testing.  Otherwise, the cost would be added to the ticket price I guess.

And 6,000 would probably be too many, as that would be almost every 3rd seat filled, but anyway, not something we likely have to worry about for months.

Why would they even need rapid testing when Costco and Walmart are packed to the brim every single day?

Also even if 6000 if were allowed, I bet they would be hard pressed to sell even 5000.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Friedman says there are Whispers of Logan Brown being available, which wouldn't be smart imo. We need to be patient and wait for the inevitable injury and play him, but it depends on the return obviously.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Friedman says there are Whispers of Logan Brown being available, which wouldn't be smart imo. We need to be patient and wait for the inevitable injury and play him, but it depends on the return obviously.

I wanted him since before the sens drafted him but I would deal him now. Doesn’t look like it will ever work for him here if he ever makes it

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Friedman says there are Whispers of Logan Brown being available, which wouldn't be smart imo.  We need to be patient and wait for the inevitable injury and play him, but it depends on the return obviously.

I wanted him since before the sens drafted him but I would deal him now. Doesn’t look like it will ever work for him here if he ever makes it

What's the hurry? Why not wait and see what he can do?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Friedman says there are Whispers of Logan Brown being available, which wouldn't be smart imo.  We need to be patient and wait for the inevitable injury and play him, but it depends on the return obviously.

Wrong. If the whispers are true, Dorion has a plan. He planted the rumours because he is the best GM and is always three steps ahead of every CBA clause, rival GM, roster move and deadline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Being available and fetching a good return are two different things. I’d be surprised if we could get anything more than a late second rounder for him right now. Most likely we would have to take on a contract back too as teams are trying to reduce salary. Maybe some team would offer more if the sens took on a contract. Everything in that scenario seems like a step back for the sens.

The only way I want L Brown out of this team is packaged with other assets for a better player. And right now, the way the roster is constructed, there’s no room for a better player to replace him really. He’s waiver exempt so he’s likely to be a taxi squad/AHL bound this season. And then, his value might further drop.

The time to trade Logan was a couple years ago.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=160337

For this guy.  I guess they need some warm bodies at forward for the A.

The optics don’t look great on this. Lajoie didn’t have much of a chance to make the team in Ottawa ever but neither does this guy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=160337

The optics don’t look great on this. Lajoie didn’t have much of a chance to make the team in Ottawa ever but neither does this guy.

How do the optics not look great? Nobody cares about this trade.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good. I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out. Also, play him with some quality linemates.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

I disagree personally. He fell off a cliff and became useless.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

Being available and fetching a good return are two different things. I’d be surprised if we could get anything more than a late second rounder for him right now. Most likely we would have to take on a contract back too as teams are trying to reduce salary. Maybe some team would offer more if the sens took on a contract. Everything in that scenario seems like a step back for the sens.

The time to trade Logan was a couple years ago.

Only a late 2nd for Brown? I disagree. There are always NHL GM’s out there that are will to trade away 4ths for fringe NHL players like Watson, Gudbranson and Josh Brown. All Dorion needs to do is work the phones and find one of them. Does Dorion know his own number?

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good. I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out. Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

It can only be Brown and Formenton. The rest either don't matter or are in the lineup. I like Jaros, but Smith appears to hate him. Brown and Formenton are on the taxi squad I think, so they'll get their chance.

Who else is there that's unhappy? I mean, no one's gonna hand Chlapik a spot, he has to take whatever chance he'll get and run with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum