GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wolanin had a huge night in the inter squad game with a hat trick and smith said after some played themselves onto the opening night roster, so hopefully he pushed someone off.

One of Wolanin's goals was an empty netter, and then one of the other ones was in 3v3 OT.  But it's nice to hear he played well in a scrimmage....  We're going to need our D to step up big time for any hope of success this season, and beyond.  

Him especially. He needs to cement himself into that lineup and stay. I really like him.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SJ can't waive him at all this year or Ottawa gets first shot.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:SJ claims Balcers. Meh.

Yeah, that sucks to lose him for nothing, but at least we're deep with forward prospects.  I'm not really sure how stuff works now with the taxi squad and stuff, but could we have waived Watson instead of Balcers?

Apparently if San Jose wants to demote him or send him to their taxi squad, Ottawa gets first dibs on claiming him back....

Yeah, just saw that. So they can develop him a bit more for us in the NHL. Don't even think about waiving him though, or we'll have to take him back.

Still, sucks to lose him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, that sucks to lose him for nothing, but at least we're deep with forward prospects.  I'm not really sure how stuff works now with the taxi squad and stuff, but could we have waived Watson instead of Balcers?

Apparently if San Jose wants to demote him or send him to their taxi squad, Ottawa gets first dibs on claiming him back....

If they wanted Watson on the taxi squad they would have had to waive him. But he will be in their lineup. If they really wanted to keep balcers they would have press-boxed him. Hope he can make a career wherever he goes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess DJ wasn't a fan, otherwise I don't see why Dorion would waive him. Were any other players claimed?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

I think that's wrong, I think it goes in order of standings, but I can't get it straight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Guess DJ wasn't a fan, otherwise I don't see why Dorion would waive him. Were any other players claimed?

Comrie, Forsberg, Sbisa, Juulsen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Guess DJ wasn't a fan, otherwise I don't see why Dorion would waive him. Were any other players claimed?

Also, more than one person will tell you that it's because Dorion miscounted or just plain didn't do the necessary legwork to protect all his assets and that this was a mistake. Hopefully not a big mistake, but a mistake none the less.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Balcers and Sbisa and two goalies - Eric Comrie and Anton Forsberg; everyone else cleared.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, Balcers #s from last year indicated he was ready for a shot at the NHL. Maybe DJ doesn't like him, maybe Dorion miscalculated here, but on paper, this appears to kinda suck. The only thing that makes it suck less is the depth of our prospects at forward.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Also, more than one person will tell you that it's because Dorion miscounted or just plain didn't do the necessary legwork to protect all his assets and that this was a mistake.  Hopefully not a big mistake, but a mistake none the less.

That's not realistic. They obviously were fine letting him go if they waived him. Whether you agree with the assessment of the player is a different story, but it's not because they suddenly ran out of options or didn't think this could happen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Also, more than one person will tell you that it's because Dorion miscounted or just plain didn't do the necessary legwork to protect all his assets and that this was a mistake.  Hopefully not a big mistake, but a mistake none the less.

That's not realistic. They obviously were fine letting him go if they waived him. Whether you agree with the assessment of the player is a different story, but it's not because they suddenly ran out of options or didn't think this could happen.

Maybe, yeah. I certainly would have liked to see him play some more games in the NHL before discarding him, but he's not at the top of the prospect pile, so this was likely to happen sooner or later.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Watson for Balcers and a 4th?

Oft-disposed and last chance Galchenyuk for Balcers?

Who could have seen this coming? Go Sens! This is Dorion’s year for the Jim Gregory.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Asset management at its finest right here. Should have never signed Galchenyuk and they should have waived him over Balcers. This was terrible - not franchise altering but pathetic nonetheless

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Asset management at its finest right here. Should have never signed Galchenyuk and they should have waived him over Balcers. This was terrible - not franchise altering but pathetic nonetheless

Trust Dorion’s plan. The Plan! What has management ever done for you to be so negative? Beyond reproach. Jim Gregory is coming.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I believe the Sens traded Lajoie.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=160337

For this guy. I guess they need some warm bodies at forward for the A.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The timing wasn't great but I don't get why people are so up in arms over Melnyk making a proposal to the government to allow 6000 fans. All teams are going to consider and plan for when fans will be allowed back. Some US teams already have fans...I'd go to a game or two if they allowed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum