GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Surprised about Balcers.  I doubt he makes it through

There's a billion guys on waivers. I'd be surprised if any of the Sens got claimed, but ya never know.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Surprised about Balcers.  I doubt he makes it through

There's a billion guys on waivers.  I'd be surprised if any of the Sens got claimed, but ya never know.

The more I look, the more I think you're right. So many guys this year, holy crap!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stuetzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

Only surprise to me would be coburn or Reilly in for Wolanin (if this is what opening night will look like), but otherwise I would be happy with that on opening night. Doesn’t matter much as the lineup will always change

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Stuetzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

Only surprise to me would be coburn or Reilly in for Wolanin (if this is what opening night will look like), but otherwise I would be happy with that on opening night. Doesn’t matter much as the lineup will always change

A week ago you said there was zero chance Reilly and/or Coburn would be in on opening night.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

A week ago you said there was zero chance Reilly and/or Coburn would be in on opening night.

Hence why I said it would be a surprise. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. Who gives a Dung? You also said there was no chance Stutzle would be allowed to sign and play in North America this year.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

Hence why I said it would be a surprise. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. Who gives a Dung?  You also said there was no chance Stutzle would be allowed to sign and play in North America this year.

No I didn’t. Nice try though.

Anyway, Brannstrom done in Ottawa. Josh Brown, Reilly, Coburn and Gudbranson have easily made him expendable. Go Sens. This is Dorion’s year for the Jim Gregory GM of the year award. He’s been robbed 5 straight years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just remember the rules guys, keep it positive and you can say whatever you want.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

Hence why I said it would be a surprise. If I’m wrong I’m wrong. Who gives a Dung?  You also said there was no chance Stutzle would be allowed to sign and play in North America this year.

Anyway, Brannstrom done in Ottawa. Josh Brown, Reilly, Coburn and Gudbranson have easily made him expendable. Go Sens.

You absolutely did. You said Dorion was an idiot for not knowing the rule that he had to be signed by a certain date or else he couldn’t sign/play in the nhl this year. That turned out to be incorrect.

But I don’t care who is right or wrong on anything. This is a hockey forum not world issues.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

Anyway, Brannstrom done in Ottawa. Josh Brown, Reilly, Coburn and Gudbranson have easily made him expendable. Go Sens. This is Dorion’s year for the Jim Gregory GM of the year award. He’s been robbed 5 straight years.

Brannstrom isn’t done here but he is certainly expendable if we’re getting an upgrade somewhere else like Dubois or an equal level prospect in return. He’s still very young and raw.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

I'm a fan of Wolanin, so I'd like to ses Reilly shot to the moon and Wolanin take his place.

Then I want Brannstrom to muscle his way into a spot and stay there and the beginnings of the future core start slowly coming together.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paquette-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Reilly-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown

I'm a fan of Wolanin, so I'd like to ses Reilly shot to the moon and Wolanin take his place.  

Below are quotes from when we acquired Reilly.

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:And the Habs lose their whipping boy when he was in the lineup. He’s a melt. Was going on waivers tomorrow too...but the Sens are at their roster limit so decided to trade for a waste of skin instead. He’s more lost than Ceci on the ice.

I don’t mind the trade. A 5th is nothing

Asset management. Pro scouting. Go Sens. Dorion is a god.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wolanin had a huge night in the inter squad game with a hat trick and smith said after some played themselves onto the opening night roster, so hopefully he pushed someone off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Wolanin had a huge night in the inter squad game with a hat trick and smith said after some played themselves onto the opening night roster, so hopefully he pushed someone off.

One of Wolanin's goals was an empty netter, and then one of the other ones was in 3v3 OT. But it's nice to hear he played well in a scrimmage.... We're going to need our D to step up big time for any hope of success this season, and beyond.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SJ claims Balcers. Meh.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:SJ claims Balcers. Meh.

Yeah, that sucks to lose him for nothing, but at least we're deep with forward prospects.  I'm not really sure how stuff works now with the taxi squad and stuff, but could we have waived Watson instead of Balcers?

Apparently if San Jose wants to demote him or send him to their taxi squad, Ottawa gets first dibs on claiming him back....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wolanin had a huge night in the inter squad game with a hat trick and smith said after some played themselves onto the opening night roster, so hopefully he pushed someone off.

One of Wolanin's goals was an empty netter, and then one of the other ones was in 3v3 OT.  But it's nice to hear he played well in a scrimmage....  We're going to need our D to step up big time for any hope of success this season, and beyond.  

Him especially. He needs to cement himself into that lineup and stay. I really like him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SJ can't waive him at all this year or Ottawa gets first shot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:SJ claims Balcers. Meh.

Yeah, that sucks to lose him for nothing, but at least we're deep with forward prospects.  I'm not really sure how stuff works now with the taxi squad and stuff, but could we have waived Watson instead of Balcers?

Apparently if San Jose wants to demote him or send him to their taxi squad, Ottawa gets first dibs on claiming him back....

Yeah, just saw that. So they can develop him a bit more for us in the NHL. Don't even think about waiving him though, or we'll have to take him back.

Still, sucks to lose him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum