GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote: it is all just lip service for fans that wear a mask while driving alone and can’t think for themselves.

Bro, stick to hockey and leave your angsty BS out of it

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Carcone traded for Zach Magwood.

I wonder what is at the root of this trade. The sens seemed happy to be getting a character guy in car one when they traded for him but he obviously was never gonna crack the big club. Did he raise a stink?

Once again, this trade has nothing to do with hockey. Magwood has already been paid his entire salary for the year and is free. Case closed. Anything else you want to believe about Sens wanting character, position, player, fit, whatever, it is all just lip service for fans that can’t think for themselves.

Sounds like good business to me.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Carcone traded for Zach Magwood.

I wonder what is at the root of this trade. The sens seemed happy to be getting a character guy in car one when they traded for him but he obviously was never gonna crack the big club. Did he raise a stink?

Once again, this trade has nothing to do with hockey. Magwood has already been paid his entire salary for the year and is free. Case closed. Anything else you want to believe about Sens wanting character, position, player, fit, whatever, it is all just lip service for fans that can’t think for themselves.

Sounds like good business to me.

It's also not even true, he gets paid $70K on top of his $70K signing bonus. But who cares, it's a nobody for a nobody and both will never see NHL action.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya I recall the Sens being super high on Carcone when they acquired him. Said they were trying to bring him in for years. Maybe Carcone saw the giant wall in front of him and asked for a trade. New he had zero shot at an NHL opportunity. Didn't even get a call up last year and our prospect pool is that much better this year...

On a positive note, everyone seems to be really high on Logan Brown this year. I'm expecting big things from him and hope they do a Paul/Balcers-Brown-Batherson L3. Hockey is so close.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens and yotes discussing stepan as per Shawn simpson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

More importantly, TB signed Cirelli and are still way over then cap even after Kucherov goes on LTIR for the entire regular season.

A deal is waiting for you there Ottawa. Good luck with that Dorion, you inept fool. I can only assume you believe Tyler Johnson is still good.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Sens and yotes discussing stepan as per Shawn simpson.

meh... he's got one year left IIRC and we better be getting paid to clear salary for them as opposed to giving up assets.

not a whole lot of value for us in this time of the rebuild and he's taking up a spot for the kids.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:More importantly, TB signed Cirelli and are still way over then cap even after Kucherov goes on LTIR for the entire regular season.

A deal is waiting for you there Ottawa. Good luck with that Dorion, you inept fool. I can only assume you believe Tyler Johnson is still good.

Really no one but you is complaining about Dorion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That isn’t true but would make so much sense if it was.

Enjoy Brown, Gudbranson, Watson and Kleven.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just for fun, tell me how good Gudbranson is and why?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why don't we get through this year of this and we'll reevaluate. It's not like he acquired those guys to lead us to the promised land, they're to protect the youth. Try to at least attempt to see the big picture a little.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Count me in as one of the guys that doesn’t want to see “protection” on the ice from guys that will continually make mistakes, be out of position or make terrible outlet passes that actually put or youth in vulnerable positions. I don’t really care about someone who may come fight an opponent that just labelled one of or guys with a clean hit thanks to a train pass.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Count me in as one of the guys that doesn’t want to see “protection” on the ice from guys that will continually make mistakes, be out of position or make terrible outlet passes that actually put or youth in vulnerable positions. I don’t really care about someone who may come fight an opponent that just labelled one of or guys with a clean hit thanks to a train pass.

I mean...i dont want that either and i said at the time Anaheim fans who watched him last season said he was absolutely not like that at all. I didnt like giving an asset for brown, but Gudbranson had nothing but praise from people that watched him last year and is a punishing player. Again though, you only have to put up with him for 30 games in theory, as the Sens have one more year of sucking.

Watson I like as a player, so I'm not upset about that at all.

Brown....I'm not excited, but I'm willing to see what smith can do.

It would be different if we just paid a 1st for a 33 year old with declining numbers, but we really didnt.

You want to see a complete mess? And you'll disagree, but it's vegas running things like a video game. Bad news.

Ev likes this post

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There's more to this garbage trade, right ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There's more to this garbage trade, right ?

I don’t mind it tbh. We need centre help.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Not for a 2nd Rd pick. We should have gotten a pick for taking him and his 18 points. I'll hand this one over to Lagoon

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A 2nd, more than i would have thought. Perhaps a move again at the deadline?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not for a 2nd Rd pick. We should have gotten a pick for taking him and his 18 points. I'll hand this one over to Lagoon

18 assists, 28 points on a lower tiered offensive team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum