GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 37]

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Friedman says there are Whispers of Logan Brown being available, which wouldn't be smart imo.  We need to be patient and wait for the inevitable injury and play him, but it depends on the return obviously.

Being available and fetching a good return are two different things. I’d be surprised if we could get anything more than a late second rounder for him right now. Most likely we would have to take on a contract back too as teams are trying to reduce salary. Maybe some team would offer more if the sens took on a contract. Everything in that scenario seems like a step back for the sens.

The time to trade Logan was a couple years ago.

Only a late 2nd for Brown? I disagree. There are always NHL GM’s out there that are will to trade away 4ths for fringe NHL players like Watson, Gudbranson and Josh Brown. All Dorion needs to do is work the phones and find one of them. Does Dorion know his own number?

Vandelay


Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good. I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out. Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

It can only be Brown and Formenton. The rest either don't matter or are in the lineup. I like Jaros, but Smith appears to hate him. Brown and Formenton are on the taxi squad I think, so they'll get their chance.

Who else is there that's unhappy? I mean, no one's gonna hand Chlapik a spot, he has to take whatever chance he'll get and run with it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
There’s no way formenton would be frustrated lol. He has had one year in the ahl. He’s not an idiot. Jaros, Chlapik and guys like that have no real impactful futures so they can be easily moved and it won’t matter. People need to relax.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore
PTFlea wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

It can only be Brown and Formenton. The rest either don't matter or are in the lineup. I like Jaros, but Smith appears to hate him. Brown and Formenton are on the taxi squad I think, so they'll get their chance.

Who else is there that's unhappy? I mean, no one's gonna hand Chlapik a spot, he has to take whatever chance he'll get and run with it.

Not saying I necessarily disagree with Smith or that these guys are right to be pissed at him. Lot of young guys feel entitled. Those are often the ones that don't get there or take years to figure it out. Norris is in. What have we heard about him? He's good but he's also a sponge. Will do whatever he can to improve. Mann thought he was at best a third line center not long ago.
That said, i understand jaros's frustration. He was a full-timer before DJ

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

Munch I wonder who put DJ in this situation.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore
Ev wrote:There’s no way formenton would be frustrated lol. He has had one year in the ahl. He’s not an idiot. Jaros, Chlapik and guys like that have no real impactful futures so they can be easily moved and it won’t matter. People need to relax.

It's almost 10 am and Im still in my jogging pants. I couldn't be more relaxed.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore
Lagoon wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

Munch I wonder who put DJ in this situation.

You've chosen a strange topic to troll. I think you'll have much more success with religion or politics.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Vandelay wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Vandelay wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Lajoie trade is nothing and dealing Logan Brown would be fine if the return was good.  I'd be tempted to ride him one more season though...give him a bunch of NHL looks and see if he can finally figure it out.  Also, play him with some quality linemates.

Somewhat reminiscent of zibanejad. Skill and size but lacks compete. I find these types of players so frustrating. If I had just a fraction of their talent....
Hate to lose him but I'm sure he wants out. Jaros trade hasn't happened but he's same scenario. Sounds like a few of the young guys are frustrated with what dj is doing with the roster.

It can only be Brown and Formenton.  The rest either don't matter or are in the lineup.  I like Jaros, but Smith appears to hate him.  Brown and Formenton are on the taxi squad I think, so they'll get their chance.

Who else is there that's unhappy?  I mean, no one's gonna hand Chlapik a spot, he has to take whatever chance he'll get and run with it.

Not saying I necessarily disagree with Smith or that these guys are right to be pissed at him. Lot of young guys feel entitled. Those are often the ones that don't get there or take years to figure it out. Norris is in. What have we heard about him? He's good but he's also a sponge. Will do whatever he can to improve. Mann thought he was at best a third line center not long ago.
That said, i understand jaros's frustration. He was a full-timer before DJ

I understand his frustration too. I'm a fan. Too bad he didnt get claimed yesterday because that's his only way into the Nhl with Smith there.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Looks to me like Columbus needs to fill the cupboards both in terms of prospects and picks. I bet they could be enticed into taking a Karlsson like 'quantity' trade for PLD:

Brannstrom, Brown, Jaros, Chlapik, 2022 1st

I'd argue on paper that's a much better package than what we got for Karl with Brann and Brown being two guys that could be core players, with Brannstrom possibly being elite

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Not sure if it was mentioned but the Sens taxi squad appears to be:

Zub
Aspirot
Daccord
Chlapik
Haley
Peca

Not sure I agree with this whatsoever especially at the expense of losing Balcers for nothing. Why the hell are they keeping Peca or Haley around over Balcers?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned but the Sens taxi squad appears to be:

Zub
Aspirot
Daccord
Chlapik
Haley
Peca

Not sure I agree with this whatsoever especially at the expense of losing Balcers for nothing. Why the hell are they keeping Peca or Haley around over Balcers?

They waived Peca and Haley as well and no one took them.

So Brown is starting in the AHL. That'll be a point of contention for him - no matter what anyone says. Smith appears to not like him.

Hopefully he works hard and makes it back up and shows what he can do, but I think his time is limited.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned but the Sens taxi squad appears to be:

Zub
Aspirot
Daccord
Chlapik
Haley
Peca

Not sure I agree with this whatsoever especially at the expense of losing Balcers for nothing. Why the hell are they keeping Peca or Haley around over Balcers?

That’s not how it works. To be on the taxi squad, Balcers had to be waived. Neither of those players you mentioned were kept over Balcers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad? That's the middle finger sent right there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

Smith seems to absolutely despise guys that play without intensity. Jaros, Balcers, Brown...they were not his type I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

Smith seems to absolutely despise guys that play without intensity.  Jaros, Balcers, Brown...they were not his type I guess.

I don't think that's an issue with Jaros. He is just a bottom pair tweener type. Similar to Claesson back in the day.

Brown will be back eventually. Belleville should have a great season in the Canadian division.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So they sent Brown to the AHL which doesn't start for 25 days instead of putting him on the taxi squad?  That's the middle finger sent right there.
Im telling you, his value is way down and I’m not surprised either. He’s waiver exempt.

The best we can expect with him is he figures it out and adds a Level of intensity and speed to his game or is packaged for an upgrade. I’ll be annoyed as hell if all we get for him is a 2nd rounder or equivalent.

I mentioned there were a lot of question marks about his game when we drafted him and there were better players to grab but what do I know, I’m not a scout.

I had to laugh at this. Deadly accurate with so much funny infused as well.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum