GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AJ Jakubec
@TheSuperAJ
20 min
Talked to scouts/management from 4 NHL teams & 2 connected to DEL. I never said he’s 100% going to LA. But there’s a strong sense they take him at 2 IF he’s still available. There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1. Thanks for coming out though #Credibility

I think it was a couple days ago I mentioned that most Germans involved in hockey at any level, believe that Stutzle is going to LA.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Laf is going 1. No question.

He’s a gift for those calibre of teams that you don’t even think about re-gifting

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:He said we are taking the BPA here. That’s absolutely what we are debating, not arguing. Unless we can all agree that the top 3 are Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond.

You've made your thoughts clear.  You don't need to keep harping on the same point.  You will be proven wrong, and I look forward to that, but you don't need to keep repeating yourself right now.

Thanks Wendy.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I may not agree with Lagoon but he makes a fair argument. Having watched Stutzle in those exhibition games I can't disagree with most of the points Lagoon identified. Where I disagree (of you can then call it that) is I think nearly all players his age have serious flaws to their game she that's where coaching comes in. The Germans aren't very good at hockey at this point in time, but they are improving; and I would argue that their coaching is further back than their skills, when compared to Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden.  I think when Stutzle comes here he will improve. It's too early to say there will be 7 players better than him in this draft.

That said, I certainly hope the Kings take him and we get gifted with Byfield.

And thanks. You’ve mentioned my take on Stutzle’s game a couple times now. The job of a scout is to watch a player, breakdown their game, formulate an opinion and then get other people on board with their analysis. Not everybody is going to see the same and that’s the tightrope walked.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:He said we are taking the BPA here. That’s absolutely what we are debating, not arguing. Unless we can all agree that the top 3 are Lafreniere, Byfield and Raymond.

You've made your thoughts clear.  You don't need to keep harping on the same point.  You will be proven wrong, and I look forward to that, but you don't need to keep repeating yourself right now.

Thanks Wendy.

I don't get that reference.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:AJ Jakubec
@TheSuperAJ
20 min
Talked to scouts/management from 4 NHL teams & 2 connected to DEL. I never said he’s 100% going to LA. But there’s a strong sense they take him at 2 IF he’s still available. There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1. Thanks for coming out though #Credibility

I could only imagine a team not taking Laf because they would need a bonafide number 1C prospect.

Montreal has the greatest need for a 1C and they would take Lafrenier.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stutzle just had a breakaway, missed, then didn't do anything on the backcheck and the Swiss score to tie it up. He looked to be close enough to the puck carrier to try to knock the puck off his stick but didn't try anything. Wasn't a case of being lazy or tired coming back, just didn't look too be very sure of what to do. A minute later the Swiss score again to take the lead.

Not saying he lost this mini series for them but he certainly did not win it for them. Still 2 to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LOL and then he does *that*.

https://twitter.com/PaulGuilbeault/status/1286286986198818816?s=09

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's polarizing

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree with some comments on Twitter, that he's trying to do it all. I'm really thinking he needs better coaching.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I agree with some comments on Twitter, that he's trying to do it all. I'm really thinking he needs better coaching.

He's by far their best player, he's 18, and he wants to be the best. I'm not surprised at all. On the back-checking goal, he was probably gassed. I'd still prefer if we got Byfield but I won't be terribly upset if we end up with Stutzle.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

His skating and pace are elite and his puck skills are super. No questions about them. Those things alone make him an NHL talent and he will develop into a top 6 winger. That’s amazing. I’ve never said otherwise. His control isn’t great and his problem solving with the puck need work on top of everything else I’ve said. We’ll see who drafts him and how they develop his skills.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:I agree with some comments on Twitter, that he's trying to do it all. I'm really thinking he needs better coaching.

He's by far their best player, he's 18, and he wants to be the best. I'm not surprised at all. On the back-checking goal, he was probably gassed. I'd still prefer if we got Byfield but I won't be terribly upset if we end up with Stutzle.

Reichel, Pererka and Seider have all been better. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

nobody would be upset or criticize the pick. It's a no brainer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

At 3, I absolutely would. At 5, with Rossi still available, I would be as well. Rossi is a buzz saw, on and off puck.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

All I know is there seems to be a lot of arguments that support LA taking Stutzle over Byfield:

1. LA's prospect depth at center highly outweighs their depth on the wings
2. Button and other scouts ranking Stutzle ahead of Byfield
3. Marco Sturm's ties to Germany
4. Stutzle is more NHL ready than Byfield and LA may look to start competing next year if their success towards the end of last season was any indication.

The only argument for LA taking Byfield is that his ceiling is higher and his size/speed combo is a rarity in the NHL. That said, he's more raw and will need more polishing.

I think Byfield slides to us at which point I would be over the moon if we end up with him and Raymond

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:At 3, I absolutely would. At 5, with Rossi still available, I would be as well. Rossi is a buzz saw, on and off puck.

You would be in the extreme minority of Sens fan not liking that pick. Not that it matters (see how wrong people were about Zadina) but still.

Taking Rossi over Stutzle would be insanity.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All I know is there seems to be a lot of arguments that support LA taking Stutzle over Byfield:

1. LA's prospect depth at center highly outweighs their depth on the wings
2. Button and other scouts ranking Stutzle ahead of Byfield
3. Marco Sturm's ties to Germany
4. Stutzle is more NHL ready than Byfield and LA may look to start competing next year if their success towards the end of last season was any indication.

The only argument for LA taking Byfield is that his ceiling is higher and his size/speed combo is a rarity in the NHL. That said, he's more raw and will need more polishing.

I think Byfield slides to us at which point I would be over the moon if we end up with him and Raymond

The centre/wing argument is irrelevant to me because it's not like Lafreniere where you know he is only a LW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 40 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum